Seven Samurai

Myrddin

Seven Samurai walk into the northern wilderness...

Jon Snow, King in the North, the wise and war weary soldier

Tormund, a skilled archer, second in command who plans the strategy

Beric Dondarrion, an old friend of Jon Snow's father, meet them by chance and falls in with them

Jorah Mormont, a serious and (formely) stone faced warrior Gendry is in awe of

Thoros, an amicable though less skilled fighter. His charm and wit maintains the company's good cheer against adversity.

Gendry, a young untested warrior, and bastard son of a wealthy landowner 

The Hound, a humorous character who claims not to be a knight.

All but three will die. :leaving:

4 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Seven Samurai walk into the northern wilderness...

Jon Snow, King in the North, the wise and war weary soldier

Tormund, a skilled archer, second in command who plans the strategy

Beric Dondarrion, an old friend of Jon Snow's father, meet them by chance and falls in with them

Jorah Mormont, a serious and (formely) stone faced warrior Gendry is in awe of

Thoros, an amicable though less skilled fighter. His charm and wit maintains the company's good cheer against adversity.

Gendry, a young untested warrior, and bastard son of a wealthy landowner 

The Hound, a humorous character who claims not to be a knight.

All but three will die. :leaving:

Is this a passage from somewhere or your own words??

I knew I wouldn't be the only one thinking the same thing. If they want to parallel that, then obviously Jon is Kambei and Gendry is Katsushiro, but who is Gorobei, i.e. the only other one who lives? Jorah? Tormund? As much as I love the Hound, I too see him as Kikuchyo, the fan favorite who basically dies needlessly at the end

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Ah, just an adaption from something. Thought the seven Samurai was some type of theory Ive not heard of.

Seven Samurai is an iconic film, that has inspired many other films since, including the The Magnificent Seven.

20 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Is this a passage from somewhere or your own words??

I saw the movie years ago, but I referenced the linked wiki article in my write up connecting the characters.

If the Seven Samurai connection holds true, Jon, Tormond, and Gendry will survive.

The others will die in this order: Thoros, Beric, Jorah, and then the Hound who dies fighting the Night King. 

It's as good a prediction as any. :)

5 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

If the Seven Samurai connection holds true, Jon, Tormond, and Gendry will survive.

The others will die in this order: Thoros, Beric, Jorah, and then the Hound who dies fighting the Night King. 

That's a fair prediction (though I do think the Hound will live), and it frustrates me that Gendry is more likely to survive at this point than Jorah. 

9 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

It makes sense for Thoros and Beric to die. But personally I dont like the Idea of Jorah dying and I dont want to see the hound die, hes one of my faves. 

Just abit of food for thought...if history has a habit of repeating, and for this assumption we believe it does, and just for hypothetical purposes Jon is the equivalent of the last hero. If all these people die, who does he choose as his 12 companions?? 

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I dont think Sandor will die, hell be at the dragon pit when they present the wight and he'll see what remains of ''his brother''

well.

You know what that means, in terms of confirmations?

Also, 7 samurai is a f**** brilliant movie. I'd say something like "it's the citizen kane of movies", but that would be stupid. I don't think the show could pull off such a feat. If it does, I'll more than gladly stand corrected

Killing Jorah now, after all this, makes only marginally more sense than killing Jaime at the end of ep 4.

Killing Sandor now, after all this, makes only marginally more sense than killing Jorah now.

Killing Tormund makes little sense too, but hell - what do we really need him for? Some more jokes about Brienne? It's not like whole countries are not represented by a single figure - Jon can double up as the leader of the free folk, in the show.

D&D are terrible and probably won't know their Seven samurai, anyway. So the rest of them die including Tormund and Gendry, who was just bought in as a familiar face like the rest of them - to die. It's been safe too long, and this is D&D throwing the audience a bone with characters that they think the show audience is invested in enough to care, but not too much to be upset.

Jon, Jorah and The Hound survive. Most likely Dany and the triplets teleport from DS to save them, at the last second like so many other last minute teleportations. In fact this is how many teleportations to save Jon? Starting from Stannis north of The Wall? And then there is an epic sex scene between Dany and Jon in a cave. *sigh*

This is my prediction.

Team FireLord Assembles!

Jon - raised by a red priestess/fire god

Beric - raised by a red priest/fire god

Thoros - fire god servant

Hound - burnt by fire has a child

Gendry - a smith who works with fire (bends valyrian/dragonsteel? )

Jorah - healed with dragonglass (frozenfire)

Thormund - a beautifull ginger kissed by fire

The second i realised it was seven going through the Wall i lost interest in the rest of the story. Who cares about Westeros, we NEED a spin off show for these badasses like yesterday!

That's going to be some really good TV with that lot together.

Archived