Who will die in the fight beyond the Wall?

wolfsbae

What are your predictions as to who is going to die in the showdown that is (absolutely definitely) going to happen beyond the Wall? As much as I’d love them to, they can’t all survive.

My predictions are:

-- Jorah (which I almost don’t want to admit to myself because it will break my heart. I can’t help but feel that his lingering look at Dany was his last. Please feel free to convince me otherwise! I really hope I’m wrong.)
-- Thoros of Myr

Jon obviously will survive, and while I think Tormund will eventually die, it won’t be until season eight. Same for Beric Dondarrion. Gendry will survive long enough to reunite with Ayra.

The Hound, of course, will outlive us all.

Just now, Carl Benson said:

The only really expendable ones that don't really have a story line to finish are Thoros, Beric and Davos, but we all love Davos' accent too much, and Beric will come back...so farewell Thoros.

Davos is staying behind anyway because he is a useless fighter, so he's safe for this season at least. There have been no heavy impact deaths as of yet this season and I think having only Thoros die isn't going to cut it. 

Jon is already dead - it would be great if his eyes went bright blue when he gets close to the Night King, but that probably wont happen.

The only ones in the party I like are Tormund and (kind of) The Hound. So for me to have any kind of emotional reaction, one of them would have to die. I don't really give a crap if the rest make it out or not - I'd actually prefer to see the undead army grow.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Jon is already dead - it would be great if his eyes went bright blue when he gets close to the Night King, but that probably wont happen.

The only ones in the party I like are Tormund and (kind of) The Hound. So for me to have any kind of emotional reaction, one of them would have to die. I don't really give a crap if the rest make it out or not - I'd actually prefer to see the undead army grow.

We don't have an established relationship with any other wildling character so if Tormund is killed they simply become a faceless group. They need Tormund there as their "representative" of sorts so I think he's pretty much safe. 

That trailer was terrible because I don't any of those men to die! But, since all men must die...

Jorah because he reconciled with Dany so his death must be bittersweet. Plus, is he going to glower at Jon and Dany for the rest of his life?

Beric because Sandor will inherit his position in BWB. Makes sense for a man who's never believed in any gods, least of all a fire god.

Tormund, just because my heart must be ripped out.

5 minutes ago, Sand11751 said:

That trailer was terrible because I don't any of those men to die! But, since all men must die...

Jorah because he reconciled with Dany so his death must be bittersweet. Plus, is he going to glower at Jon and Dany for the rest of his life?

Beric because Sandor will inherit his position in BWB. Makes sense for a man who's never believed in any gods, least of all a fire god.

Nor do I! A great bunch of actors, too -- I'd have loved to see them interact as a group for a little longer. It's a shame to know we're going to lose some very good characters and actors.

Also a very good point about Sandor taking Beric's position in the Brotherhood. I could see that being his place in the world. 

^ thought it's more likely that the Hound will be heading to Winterfell with Jon for a reunion with Ayra and Sansa, which wouldn't be possible if Beric and Thoros survived -- he would continue on with the Brotherhood rather than go to Winterfell. Without the Brotherhood it's pretty much his last and only option, so it makes narrative sense for Beric and Thoros to die. 

1 hour ago, Sand11751 said:

Not be picky but is the BWB even a thing now.  After last season, all we've seen is the Hound with Beric and Thoros and maybe 5 other guys when he buries the family he left for dead.  Then all we have is those three in the cell at Eastwatch.  Did I miss a convo explaining that the BWB was even doing anything anymore in the Riverlands or will D&D just revive it when convenient? 

Beric and Thoros are the obvious ones. I think either Tormund or Jorah or both for the heartbreak it will cause.

The Hound, Jon and Gendry will definitely survive. They still have more story to complete and thankfully, Davos is safely at the Eastwatch Castle b/c with every new episode he more and more becomes my favorite character.

I wanna know what the Hound, Beric, and Thoros thought they were going to accomplish by themselves.  And they all (the magnificent 7) say they are on the same mission.  When did Beric or Thoros ever say their mission was to capture a wight and bring it back down to appear in the circus before the bearded lady?  Maybe this is how the Westeros version of Ringling Bros got their start.  

1 hour ago, ummester said:

You are so right on this.  I don't think the show writers will have the courage to do this to Jon, however.  At least book Jon will be "wighted" in the books.  

I like Jorah in that group.  The Hound is ok.  Gendry is an asshole.  

1 hour ago, Sand11751 said:

going off topic, I noticed this, alot of staring and awkwardness for Jorah. It was like he already thought they were a couple.

4 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

going off topic, I noticed this, alot of staring and awkwardness for Jorah. It was like he already thought they were a couple.

Yes, never seen him so effusive with that kiss on the hand as soon as he saw Jon coming. Poor Ser Friendzone until the day he dies.

6 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I thought he felt awkward in front of Jon because he went into exile to avoid being beheaded by Ned, and that meeting his son made the whole thing uncomfortable for him. 

Archived