Who will die in the fight beyond the Wall?

wolfsbae

1 hour ago, Bran the Shipper said:

My guess for who dies is Thoros and Beric.  Though I also see Sandor dying but then being brought back with the last kiss by either Thoros or more likely Beric.

Tormund won’t die, because he will die when the white walkers breach the Wall.

Jorah won’t die since he is still needed for Dany’s arc he just can’t be with her right now.

Jon won’t die for obvious reasons.

And they wouldn’t reintroduce Gendry just to kill him (kind of like how the Hound won’t really die either).   These characters aren’t like Rickon who was a loose thread that needed to be cut.

They did it with Osha.

Jon will obviously survive.  I think the Hound still has an arc so he'll survive.

Not sure about any of the others really.  I have always felt that Jorah would end up at the Wall (Joer's dying wish was for him to take the Black and all that) so his fate may well be mirrored in the books.  I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being the wight they bring back and that the grayscale affliction has some kind of effect (not sure what).

12 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

They did it with Osha.

Jon will obviously survive.  I think the Hound still has an arc so he'll survive.

Not sure about any of the others really.  I have always felt that Jorah would end up at the Wall (Joer's dying wish was for him to take the Black and all that) so his fate may well be mirrored in the books.  I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being the wight they bring back and that the grayscale affliction has some kind of effect (not sure what).

Not sure we can really compare Osha with Gendry.

Go through each one 

Jon- no chance in hell unless he is ressurected almost immediately by Thoros. 

Gendry/Jorah- both were just reintroduced back into the main plot and haven't done anything importang yet. Kind of a waste for them to die.

Beric- could die and wouldn't effect much.

Thoros- could die but wouldn't effect much. 

Tormund- probably not necessary anymore to the main plot. He could die for Jon. But he's been doing nothing and I doubt was brought back just to die. He's also the face of the wildlings. 

Sandor- he still has a story to complete 

21 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Not sure we can really compare Osha with Gendry.

Osha was a minor character who was attached to Rickon who was used as a plot device to lure Jon. She was an expendable byproduct. They could have done a Star Trek red shirt if they just wanted someone to come back and die here. 

12 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

I'd say everybody, apart from Jon. This whole expedition reeks of the writers' need to:

• Show the viewers how dangerous the Army of the Dead is (even though main characters have trekked up and down the continent multiple times in the time it took this army to march on the Wall).
  • Create some action scenes north of the Wall, for whatever flimsy reason.
  • Kill off a few named characters, both to cut loose threads and for the shock value of lots of beloved characters dying.

So I guess Beric and Thoros are toast (well, to the extent icy wights can "toast" anything), they have no purpose in the final five-or-so episodes that other characters can't resolve. Sandor too, he might redeem himself by sacrificing his life to save some of his companions (anyway, his only remaining purpose would be to kill the reanimated Mountain, which frankly is a job that could be done just as nicely by others). Jorah needs to get out of the way too, so a love triangle won't eat too much of Daenerys' screentime (five episodes left after the next, remember). Gendry was quite possibly written out of the show when he got on that rowboat, and intended never to return. But the writers noticed that fans noticed that he hadn't got a proper ending, and his absence was becoming memetic. So they brought him back in, so he can be killed off in a proper, definitely-the-end-of-the-character way. He is a loose thread, only brought back to be ripped out properly.

That leaves Tormund to account for:

I'm sorry, but I think he's toast (or, uh... slush?) too. Dead beyond the wall, in his homeland. The series previously stated that "the Wildlings went to Eastwatch", which is to say "Every remaining Wildling is at Eastwatch". Keep in mind that there is nothing left in Dorne after the Sand Snakes died, that entire region just faded away with the death of its leadership - same goes for the Reach, which is apparently nothing but Highgarden. The series has a habit of hyper-concentrating things, not as much happening on a large continent as on a sea of tiny islands.

Anyway, with the Wildlings all at Eastwatch, left a faceless group with their leader dead, the Wall looming above them, and a huge Plot Point army on the other side? There is no way this won't end with the Wall falling, and a subsequent massacre. Time will tell whether Davos dies in that battle too.

I'd also throw in Benjen there somewhere. Not sure if he lives or dies or turns evil. But there's no way he won't be there.

Actually there are six episodes next season so after next weeks episode there will be seven left.

I have to agree with general consensus in this thread. Unfortunately, Jorah looks like a goner. That lingering look at Daenerys as he was pushing the boat into the sea. It would be typical that he gets cured of greyscale but is no sooner reunited with Daenerys that he's sent on a mission beyond the wall and dies. It still makes me wonder what they point in him getting greyscale was at all.

Thoros and Beric will most likely die. In Beric's case, finally die - actually die. The show hasn't touched on Jon's condition since he was brought back to life. Hopefully now that he is with Thoros and Beric, there is a chance for Jon's condition to be explored a bit more.

Thoros and Beric, they're both expendable. 

Someone more significant probably has to die as well and out of the other five, I expect Jorah.

Or, perhaps it's hoping that if of the five remaining of one has to die I'd pick Jorah. 

Jon has to live because he's Jon.

Sandor because he's the Hound and I really want to see him at Winterfell. 

Gendry needs to live (I'm ignoring the haters out there) he just got back! He's going to be legitimized and rule the Stormlands. Maybe Arya will give up being a psycho ninja killer after she offs LF to become Lady Baratheon. 

Tormund because he reperesents all the wildlings (do we even know any of the other living wildlings?!). Though I just had the thought he may die never getting back to Brienne at Winterfell and instead the Hound and Brienne forgive one another for trying to kill the other, kiss and makeup and live happily ever after. 

On 19.8.2017 at 6:18 AM, lonex said:

Thoros for sure...

Spoilers for Episode 6:

Spoiler

Ironically, he did die, but not in a fight. Freezing to death, he was one of only two people I can think of in this show who did not die violently. The other would be Maester Aemon.

Also, it was a cheap move to bring all those redshirts beyond the Wall, and even cheaper not to show them at all in Episode 5. Had those guys been more visible in Ep. 5, we'd all have said "those guys!" instead of bickering over which of the named seven who wouldn't make it back.

Archived