Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

21 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I would like it to be anyone else but Jaime, that would probably mean he breaks up with her soon.

Yes, I think Jaime probably will break up with Cersei soon.

And then cross her off.

Valonqar-style.

16 minutes ago, Gendry_Goldeneyes said:

personally i dont think shes pregnant at all and is just trying to manipulate jaime

Spoiler

SPOILER:   The word is that Cersei really IS pregnant.  It's in the leaks, all of which, to my knowledge, have been confirmed up to this point.

57 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Couldn't the pregnancy be a ploy by Cersei to keep Jaime loyal to her? When they embrace after she tells him she says "don't ever betray me again." So obviously she does not feel she has his complete loyalty.

My first thought is that the pregnancy is a lie. That is one thing that would keep Jamie loyal to her, especially after losing all the other children. She sensed she was losing her control over him and is fabricating the pregnancy to keep it. 

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Actually, yes, you're right, my strong memory is that the word Valonqar really means "little sibling," not necessarily "little brother."

(If I'm not mistaken, I think Aemon Targaryen confirmed it in the books)

No, Aemon said that the phrase traditionally translated as "the prince who was promised" could mean a prince or a princess. People have extrapolated from that that "valonqar" could be gender neutral as well, but it's never been stated to be.

4 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

My first thought is that the pregnancy is a lie. That is one thing that would keep Jamie loyal to her, especially after losing all the other children. She sensed she was losing her control over him and is fabricating the pregnancy to keep it. 

She'd have to have known Jaime would walk in on her and Qyburn at that exact moment.

2 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

What bothers me is that Jaime is the father and then his breaking up with her would make him look bad somehow.

Yes, I suppose that would make Jaime look bad.  I think you're right.

But under my theory, and if I'm right, you needn't worry cuz I feel pretty sure Jaime is not the father.

I think there's going to be a twist in the story, here.  It's just too linear and simple otherwise, and good storytelling will usually have a twist, rather than just being simplistic, like "paint by numbers."  I think there's gonna be a shocking revelation here, and that's what is going to cause Jaime to cross Cersei off. .

3 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

No, Aemon said that the phrase traditionally translated as "the prince who was promised" could mean a prince or a princess. People have extrapolated from that that "valonqar" could be gender neutral as well, but it's never been stated to be.

Oh, okay.

Thanks for clarifying that, then.

2 hours ago, nara said:

Interesting theory, but if Euron had slept with Cersei, there's no way he wouldn't have found a way to taunt Jaime about it!  He would have sent a raven, if necessary.

He would have invented photography just so he could document it.

57 minutes ago, Cron said:

Good stuff, but even though I agree with you about the Valonqar being male, the "female Valonqar" theories account for what you said, by basically saying that Maggy the Frog simply misinterpreted the word (as is so commonly done in Westeros), and/or simply used the male pronouns b/c they can sometimes be considered genderless in a generic sense cuz she (Maggy) did not know the gender of the Valonqar.

Having said that, the fact that the Valonqar has not been mentioned in the show does not matter.  In fact, it will not matter if the word "Valonqar" is never uttered even once in the show, b/c, as i recall, we've been expressly told that GRRM has told D&D the endings for all major characters, and we've been told that the major characters in the show will end up the same as in the books, even if they take very different paths to get there.

Thus, if Jaime is the Valonqar in the books and is destined to kill Cersei, he WILL do it in the show, too, even if the word "Valonqar" and the Valonqar prophecy are never mentioned in the show, I think..

I didn't know about what GRRM said about the characters' endings.  Good point though about using 'he' as a genderless pronoun.  I would love it to be Tyrion, for revenge sake.  But then, if he and Jaime both survive that would make the rift between them worse and I would like to see some healing take place between them.  If it's Jaime, I don't see him doing it as a premeditated act, but in a rage.

33 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

My first thought was actually that she was telling the truth (and then she would lose it) because of the way she smiled.  It's the only time her smile did not look smug, malicious, satisfied, or forced.  To me, it looked genuine.  But then I dismissed that in favor of the other theory.

4 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I didn't know about what GRRM said about the characters' endings.  Good point though about using 'he' as a genderless pronoun.  I would love it to be Tyrion, for revenge sake.  But then, if he and Jaime both survive that would make the rift between them worse and I would like to see some healing take place between them.  If it's Jaime, I don't see him doing it as a premeditated act, but in a rage.

Well, I suppose hard core Tyrion fans (not sure if you're one or not) might like it if Tyrion is the Valonqar, but like I said, I think it's just too obvious.

If you ever watch a murder mystery t.v. show, or read such a book, here's some advice:  The most obvious suspect DIDN'T DO IT.  It's too obvious.

(In fact, I'll go a step further.  During such a story, the next most likely candidate, that all the subtle evidence seems to be building up to during the course of the story, didn't do it, either.  That's just misdirection for the more clever sleuths reading or watching)

But look around, early on, and through the story, and ask yourself "Who is the LEAST likely person to have committed this crime?"  Okay, more often than not, THAT'S the culprit.

I'm not a huge fan of that genre (mysteries), but I've seen enough to know that, in guessing who the bad guy is, look for the least likely person early on, cuz that's very likely "whodunit."

And so..Tyrion has been way too obvious from the beginning, and Jaime was the LEAST likely person (to Cersei, and to us, way back when we first learned about the Valonqar), so I've believed Jaime is the odds-on favorite for a long time now..

14 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

Qyburn is the father.  Cersei wants a smart baby this time around.  It is known.

HAR!

A question has been raised about whether Qyburn is even capable though.  How old is that guy, anyway?

I still think it's Euron, but Frankengregor would not surprise me, either.  He and Cersei have been pretty close for quite a while now, and she owes him a LOT, and he's been loyal to House Lannister for a LONG time.  He could be the show's version of a Kettleblack.  If so, I wonder if he took his armor off.  Probably not.

6 minutes ago, Cron said:

HAR!

A question has been raised about whether Qyburn is even capable though.  How old is that guy, anyway?

I still think it's Euron, but Frankengregor would not surprise me, either.  He and Cersei have been pretty close for quite a while now, and she owes him a LOT, and he's been loyal to House Lannister for a LONG time.  He could be the show's version of a Kettleblack.  If so, I wonder if he took his armor off.  Probably not.

All jokes aside, wouldn't it be a great twist if Cersei gave birth to a dwarf?  Karma.

33 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, I suppose hard core Tyrion fans (not sure if you're one or not) might like it if Tyrion is the Valonqar, but like I said, I think it's just too obvious.

If you ever watch a murder mystery t.v. show, or read such a book, here's some advice:  The most obvious suspect DIDN'T DO IT.  It's too obvious.

(In fact, I'll go a step further.  During such a story, the next most likely candidate, that all the subtle evidence seems to be building up to during the course of the story, didn't do it, either.  That's just misdirection for the more clever sleuths reading or watching)

But look around, early on, and through the story, and ask yourself "Who is the LEAST likely person to have committed this crime?"  Okay, more often than not, THAT'S the culprit.

I'm not a huge fan of that genre (mysteries), but I've seen enough to know that, in guessing who the bad guy is, look for the least likely person early on, cuz that's very likely "whodunit."

And so..Tyrion has been way too obvious from the beginning, and Jaime was the LEAST likely person (to Cersei, and to us, way back when we first learned about the Valonqar), so I've believed Jaime is the odds-on favorite for a long time now..

I know Tyrion is too obvious, it's just what I would find most satisfying I think.  And yes, I am a hard core Tyrion fan, in spite of his lunders of late.  But he got his heartless father.  And yes, I've read a lot of mmysteries and you're right, it's never the most obvious.person, so I do believe it would be Jaime.

4 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Eeeeew!  Only thing worse than him is the Mountain!

Well, that could explain how she could have a 4th baby that isn't a 4th baby - it could be an un-baby, or never baby made of never semen. So Maggie is not wrong, Cersie gives birth to 3 children and 1 womb grown corpse.

I don't think it matters whose baby it is, they are just trying to make Jamie's strangling of her more intense because she will be somewhat hopeful and not all bitter at the time.

Archived