Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

8 hours ago, falcotron said:

Taena Merryweather.

From what I remember, they do have what we'd consider lesbian sex, but apparently Westerosi don't think of it that way, or at least Cersei doesn't, and she even wishes she were a man so it could count as sex, or something like that?

Ah, yes, that name sounds right.  Thanks for the refresher.

I dunno about the rest, though.  I honestly couldn't even remember if there was any sexual contact at all between Cersei and Taena, or if it was just a "platonic sleepover" arrangement.  I couldn't even recall whether Cersei was just using her as a friendly companion while she (Cersei) was mostly alone and lonely.

52 minutes ago, Cron said:

I dunno about the rest, though.  I honestly couldn't even remember if there was any sexual contact at all between Cersei and Taena, or if it was just a "platonic sleepover" arrangement.  I couldn't even recall whether Cersei was just using her as a friendly companion while she (Cersei) was mostly alone and lonely.

I remember Cersei wanting to use Taena like Robert would use her, or something like that. I also remember Cersei wishing she had tusks like a boar?? to violate Taena when she would sleepover.

But Im pretty sure the fabulous words 'Myrish swamp' were used by Cersei to describe Taena.

34 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I remember Cersei wanting to use Taena like Robert would use her, or something like that. I also remember Cersei wishing she had tusks like a boar?? to violate Taena when she would sleepover.

But Im pretty sure the fabulous words 'Myrish swamp' were used by Cersei to describe Taena.

Tusks like a boar?

Myrish swamp???

Wow, I don't remember any of that (not saying it wasn't in the books, though. I haven't read them in a little over 6 years)

I think I understand the "tusks of a boar" thing, but I don't even understand the "Myrish swamp."

What was that all about?  Or would you rather not say?  (You can PM me about it if you want.)

1 hour ago, Cron said:

No, there was sexual contact.  Cersei pleasuring Taena, although if I remember correctly Cersei didn't derive any real pleasure from it herself.  As you said, it was more a matter of her being lonely.  It's hard to imagine Cersei having such feelings as lonliness.  Show Cersei sure doesn't.

24 minutes ago, Cron said:

Tusks like a boar?

Myrish swamp???

Wow, I don't remember any of that (not saying it wasn't in the books, though. I haven't read them in a little over 6 years)

I think I understand the "tusks of a boar" thing, but I don't even understand the "Myrish swamp."

What was that all about?  Or would you rather not say?  (You can PM me about it if you want.)

I think Cersei called Taena's pubic hair a Myrish swamp :D

I don't have my books handy with me right now, but I'm going to try to find the quote. It's been a really long time since I've read about the Myrish swamp.

38 minutes ago, Cron said:

Tusks like a boar?

Myrish swamp???

Found the quote.

“It’s just the wine. I had a flagon with my supper, and another with the widow Stokeworth. I had to drink to keep her calm.” She twisted Taena’s other nipple too, pulling until the other woman gasped. “I am the queen. I mean to claim my rights.” 
“Do what you will.” Taena’s hair was as black as Robert’s, even down between her legs, and when Cersei touched her there she found her hair all sopping wet, where Robert’s had been coarse and dry. “Please,” the Myrish woman said, “go on, my queen. Do as you will with me. I’m yours.” 
But it was no good. She could not feel it, whatever Robert felt on the nights he took her. There was no pleasure in it, not for her. For Taena, yes. Her nipples were two black diamonds, her sex slick and steamy. Robert would have loved you, for an hour. The queen slid a finger into that Myrish swamp, then another, moving them in and out, but once he spent himself inside you, he would have been hard-pressed to recall your name. 
She wanted to see if it would be as easy with a woman as it had always been with Robert. Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm, Your Grace, she thought, slipping a third finger into Myr. Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs. Taena gave a shudder. She gasped some words in a foreign tongue, then shuddered again and arched her back and screamed. She sounds as if she is being gored, the queen thought. For a moment she let herself imagine that her fingers were a bore’s tusks, ripping the Myrish woman apart from groin to throat. 
It was still no good. 
It had never been any good with anyone but Jaime. 
When she tried to take her hand away, Taena caught it and kissed her fingers. “Sweet queen, how shall I pleasure you?” She slid her hand down Cersei’s side and touched her sex. “Tell me what you would have of me, my love.” “Leave me.” Cersei rolled away and pulled up the bedclothes to cover herself, shivering. Dawn was breaking. It would be morning soon, and all of this would be forgotten. 
It had never happened.

4 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I think Cersei called Taena's pubic hair a Myrish swamp :D

I don't have my books handy with me right now, but I'm going to try to find the quote. It's been a really long time since I've read about the Myrish swamp.

Oh, okay!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Found the quote.

“It’s just the wine. I had a flagon with my supper, and another with the widow Stokeworth. I had to drink to keep her calm.” She twisted Taena’s other nipple too, pulling until the other woman gasped. “I am the queen. I mean to claim my rights.” 
“Do what you will.” Taena’s hair was as black as Robert’s, even down between her legs, and when Cersei touched her there she found her hair all sopping wet, where Robert’s had been coarse and dry. “Please,” the Myrish woman said, “go on, my queen. Do as you will with me. I’m yours.” 
But it was no good. She could not feel it, whatever Robert felt on the nights he took her. There was no pleasure in it, not for her. For Taena, yes. Her nipples were two black diamonds, her sex slick and steamy. Robert would have loved you, for an hour. The queen slid a finger into that Myrish swamp, then another, moving them in and out, but once he spent himself inside you, he would have been hard-pressed to recall your name. 
She wanted to see if it would be as easy with a woman as it had always been with Robert. Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm, Your Grace, she thought, slipping a third finger into Myr. Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs. Taena gave a shudder. She gasped some words in a foreign tongue, then shuddered again and arched her back and screamed. She sounds as if she is being gored, the queen thought. For a moment she let herself imagine that her fingers were a bore’s tusks, ripping the Myrish woman apart from groin to throat. 
It was still no good. 
It had never been any good with anyone but Jaime. 
When she tried to take her hand away, Taena caught it and kissed her fingers. “Sweet queen, how shall I pleasure you?” She slid her hand down Cersei’s side and touched her sex. “Tell me what you would have of me, my love.” “Leave me.” Cersei rolled away and pulled up the bedclothes to cover herself, shivering. Dawn was breaking. It would be morning soon, and all of this would be forgotten. 
It had never happened.

HARRR!!

Hot stuff!!

I loved the refresher, thanks for reproducing all of that!!

On 8/17/2017 at 10:06 PM, falcotron said:

There was a long-standing discussion about how show!Jaime often acts more like a befuddled but charming male sitcom character than like book!Jaime, and eventually it was decided that it's because he's not Jaime, he's playing Larry, and they just got the name wrong on the scripts. Think Cousin Larry from Perfect Strangers, Larry the neighbor from Three's Company, Larry the dad from Hello Larry, etc.

(Coupling fans called the US version of Steve "Larry" for the same reason. I don't think the name was borrowed, it's just that "Larry" is such a hapless-sitcom-guy name.)

And Cersei is Carol when she's Larry's 70s sitcom wife, and when she's a Lifetime Movie-of-the-Week victim, but she's Cheryl when she's a kids'-movie villain.

People have since attempted to stretch things to other characters, but, none of them have stuck, other than the obvious descriptive nicknames like Batfinger or Ser Friendzone.

I kinda hate you because I am now OBSESSED with that video!  :P

Spoiler

There's no doubt in my mind that Cersei really is pregnant and there is no doubt in my mind that the baby is NOT Jaime's. I've been saying since FFC's that Cersei will get pregnant so was so excited when the show followed suit. Book evidence:

1. GRRM makes a big deal that the last time her and Jaime sleep together, she is on her Moons blood--therefore unlikely to get pregnant by him.
  2. She is sleeping around A LOT with the Kettleblacks, all of whom are dark and coarse--the exact opposite of Jaime. Given that all of her children with Jaime are blonde and green-eyed, he would know immediately that the child wasn't his--particularly given the subplot of Robert's children all being as dark haired as he.
  3. Cersei's body is changing shape--it's mentioned in one of her chapters that she whips/ fines (can't remember which) one of her washerwomen for shrinking her gowns. she also mentions that her gowns are getting tighter around her middle.

If she is pregnant, then it's likely that the child isn't getting born because the prophecy said that would be "three for her". That means it's her death. Given that this would be the youngest of her children, it certainly fits the criteria for Volonquar. Also, she's so preoccupied with what it means to be a woman and breaking out of her gender role that it's fitting that she should die in childbirth.

Finally, from a personal point of view, after I starting thinking she was definitely pregnant, the words of the prophecy "wrapping his fingers around her throat" made me think less of fingers and more of umbilical chords. No idea why...

On 8/22/2017 at 7:22 AM, tinyskeeveuk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's no doubt in my mind that Cersei really is pregnant and there is no doubt in my mind that the baby is NOT Jaime's. I've been saying since FFC's that Cersei will get pregnant so was so excited when the show followed suit. Book evidence:

1. GRRM makes a big deal that the last time her and Jaime sleep together, she is on her Moons blood--therefore unlikely to get pregnant by him.
  2. She is sleeping around A LOT with the Kettleblacks, all of whom are dark and coarse--the exact opposite of Jaime. Given that all of her children with Jaime are blonde and green-eyed, he would know immediately that the child wasn't his--particularly given the subplot of Robert's children all being as dark haired as he.
  3. Cersei's body is changing shape--it's mentioned in one of her chapters that she whips/ fines (can't remember which) one of her washerwomen for shrinking her gowns. she also mentions that her gowns are getting tighter around her middle.

If she is pregnant, then it's likely that the child isn't getting born because the prophecy said that would be "three for her". That means it's her death. Given that this would be the youngest of her children, it certainly fits the criteria for Volonquar. Also, she's so preoccupied with what it means to be a woman and breaking out of her gender role that it's fitting that she should die in childbirth.

Finally, from a personal point of view, after I starting thinking she was definitely pregnant, the words of the prophecy "wrapping his fingers around her throat" made me think less of fingers and more of umbilical chords. No idea why...

I'm not sure that Cersei is pregnant in the books (or that she is already pregnant in ADOD). She was pregnant at least 3 times, so she would recognize other pregnancy signs pretty early.

In the show she is likely to be pregnant. Cersei used to manipulate men by screwing them. Probably Euron joined the club. Remarkable that in s7 it was Cersei who initiated sex with Jaime though he was somewhat reluctant. Back in the days it was Jaime. Seemed like they haven't had sex for a while.

It is a wild speculation but probably she realized that she's pregnant from somebody else (Euron, the Iron Bank guy, Bronn) and decided to screw Jaime, so he thought that he's a father.

6 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Remarkable that in s7 it was Cersei who initiated sex with Jaime though he was somewhat reluctant. Back in the days it was Jaime. Seemed like they haven't had sex for a while.

I think that was a device by the writers to show how much darker her character has become:  she was sexually aroused by exacting revenge on Ellaria.

Archived