Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

5 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

You think D&D are not going to provide a scene if Euron and Cersei sleep together. Its definitely Jaimes. You think if Euron and Cersei had slept together, Jaime would be hearing it from Cersei, more than likely Euron would be torturing Jaime about how she loved a thumb in the bum.

Right so! Ding & Dong would most definitely let us know if Euron's seducing skills and his massive cock were successful with the Vulcan Queen! And Larry (aka the artist formerly known as Jaime) would be standing next to them looking like a sad puppy.

The Valonqar prophecy was never even mentioned in the show - and ShowCersei doesn't have other knights (Kettleblacks) to sleep with - here she "cheated" on Jaime only with Lancel and that was years ago. And since Jaime is now openly fucking the queen and even sleeping in her bed and all it's definitely his. They are more in  love than ever - forget Jaime's actual redemption arc, the fact that Cersei is actually repulsed by Jaime's stup and their 3 dead children (of which one actually jumped from the highest tower because his mother is cruel) and start a new dynasty.

27 minutes ago, nara said:

Interesting theory, but if Euron had slept with Cersei, there's no way he wouldn't have found a way to taunt Jaime about it!  He would have sent a raven, if necessary.

HAR!

Good stuff, maybe you're right.

But hey, who knows, maybe Cersei told him "If you want any more, you won't say a word. If Jaime finds out, you'll never get it again."

Wouldn't be the first time someone was sworn to secrecy based on such conditions.

23 minutes ago, Wildling Queen said:

I don't have any doubts at this point that it's Jaime's baby. I just don't think it will matter. That prophecy told her she'd have three children, not four.

Interesting.  But part of my theory is based on the fact that Jaime STILL has not abandoned her.

I think at this point it's pretty clear it's gonna take something BIG for him to cross her off, and this would qualify.  Not b/c of things she has done to other people, but b/c of what she did to HIM.   Jaime is really not too easy to hurt.  He doesn't really care about money, or power, or ruling.  In order to hurt him, it's got to be personal, and this fills the bill, I think.

Also, if that's not what's in store, what's the point of her being pregnant at all, especially so late in the series, and especially since, as you say, she is prophesied to only have 3 children??

No, I think there's going to be a twist here, and that twist is that Jaime is not the father.

2 minutes ago, Cron said:

Interesting.  But part of my theory is based on the fact that Jaime STILL has not abandoned her.

I think at this point it's pretty clear it's gonna take something BIG for him to cross her off, and this would qualify.  Not b/c of things she has done to other people, but b/c of what she did to HIM.   Jaime is really not too easy to hurt.  He doesn't really care about money, or power, or ruling.  In order to hurt him, it's got to be personal, and this fills the bill, I think.

Also, if that's not what's in store, what's the point of her being pregnant at all, especially so late in the series, and especially since, as you say, she is prophesied to only have 3 children??

No, I think there's going to be a twist here, and that twist is that Jaime is not the father.

Very true, and as Lady Oleanna said, if Jaime's gone this far with Cersei, it's out of his control. But I think something else she said was prophetic, as well. Cersei will be the death of Jaime. Might the pregnancy not simply serve as even more of a tie to Cersei for Jaime, an inescapable one? There's no assurance that Jaime will ever turn on her, he could just go down fighting for her, hence Cersei being the death of Jaime.

30 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

You think D&D are not going to provide a scene if Euron and Cersei sleep together. Its definitely Jaimes. You think if Euron and Cersei had slept together, Jaime would be hearing it from Cersei, more than likely Euron would be torturing Jaime about how she loved a thumb in the bum.

I believe it's the catalyst for the Valonqar prophecy to play out.  Thus, secrecy is necesary.

D&D would not show Cersei and Euron together, cuz it's going to be a shock for the audience.

And as I just basically mentioned to someone else, it's easy for me to imagine Cersei telling Euron if he ever wants more he'd better keep it quiet.

It's fittingly ironic, too, cuz Jaime was cheating with Cersei when she was married to Robert, and we KNOW Cersei will have sex with nearly anyone in exchange for nearly anything, especially from the books.

Drogon is the father.  It is known.

Seriously though, Jaime is obviously the father as we saw them sleep together.  She will prob use it to manipulate him, but in the end it will just be used as a plot point to make her death by him all the more upsetting for Jaime - and for us to witness.

6 minutes ago, Wildling Queen said:

Very true, and as Lady Oleanna said, if Jaime's gone this far with Cersei, it's out of his control. But I think something else she said was prophetic, as well. Cersei will be the death of Jaime. Might the pregnancy not simply serve as even more of a tie to Cersei for Jaime, an inescapable one? There's no assurance that Jaime will ever turn on her, he could just go down fighting for her, hence Cersei being the death of Jaime.

Well, the problem with that, in my mind is that Jaime IS the Valonqar.

It all fits.  When we first learned of the Valonqar, Jaime was, perhaps, the least likely suspect, cuz he loves Cersei so much.  But then, as time goes by, we see a growing rift between Jaime and Cersei, and then we are given the otherwise useless scrap of irrelevant information that Jaime IS younger than Cersei (by a few minutes), and thus he IS her "little brother," just like Tyrion.

Tyrion is not the Valonqar, that would be FAR too obvious, and poor story-telling.

And while I've heard theories about other people, they have all left me totally unconvinced.

But it's gonna take a LOT for Jaime to cross Cersei, off, and an intensely personal betrayal would do it.

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Drogon is the father.  It is known.

Seriously though, Jaime is obviously the father as we saw them sleep together.  She will prob use it to manipulate him, but in the end it will just be used as a plot point to make her death by him all the more upsetting for Jaime - and for us to witness.

My theory is that that sex scene between Jaime and Cersei was put in for purposeful misdirection.

My guess:  Cersei discovered she was pregnant, then grabbed Jaime and had sex with him so he wouldn't otherwise know the baby wasn't his.  As I recall, Cersei aggressively initiated sex in that scene, which, I think, is quite unusual between them, especially in recent years.

4 minutes ago, Cron said:

I believe it's the catalyst for the Valonqar prophecy to play out.  Thus, secrecy is necesary.

Valonqar theory is not existent in the show.........

D&D would not show Cersei and Euron together, cuz it's going to be a shock for the audience.

Really, why wouldn't we want to be shocked, ill hedge my bets we see Euron banging Cersei before GOT comes to and end.

It's fittingly ironic, too, cuz Jaime was cheating with Cersei when she was married to Robert, and we KNOW Cersei will have sex with nearly anyone in exchange for nearly anything, especially from the books.

The only time she ''cheats'' is to gain lanel lannisters trust and manipulate him to poison the Kings wine so he consequently has a fatally wounding accident.

2 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, the problem with that, in my mind is that Jaime IS the Valonqar.

I tend to agree with you on that, but just working on other possibilities: Missandei said this season that the word everyone was using for "prince" was genderless in Valyrian, it could also mean "princess." Could the word "valonqar" also be genderless? Could the younger sibling be Arya considering that she's a younger sibling of Sansa, the girl Cersei tortured for so long?

Again, I think you're right. If it wasn't for Qyburn standing there in the scene last night confirming the pregnancy to Cersei, I wouldn't even believe it was a real pregnancy and that Jaime would bust her in that lie somehow.

6 minutes ago, leftside said:

My bets are on Bronn and 10 good men. 

WOW, now THAT would be something, if Bronn was the father!!!

It could explain how Cersei knew about Bronn leading Jaime to Tyrion, too (b/c, perhaps, she's having sex with Bronn, and he told her about Tyrion being back in King's Landing before he told Jaime, and Cersei then told Bronn to lead jaime to Tyrion, which Bronn then did)

Wow.  That would be a real stunner.

5 minutes ago, Cron said:

My theory is that that sex scene between Jaime and Cersei was put in for purposeful misdirection.

My guess:  Cersei discovered she was pregnant, then grabbed Jaime and had sex with him so he wouldn't otherwise know the baby wasn't his.  As I recall, Cersei aggressively initiated sex in that scene, which, I think, is quite unusual between them, especially in recent years.

Interesting theory. I took the aggressive sex scene to mean Cersei was turned on by torturing the women from Dorne, which is icky but plays into the Mad Queen persona with Cersei.

Archived