Is Jaime and Bronn NOT Being Captured the Most Unrealistic Thing in the Entire Show??

1 hour ago, Wsc44 said:

Yes. Absolutely ridiculous. And unecessary. I've let a lot of silliness go and continued with the show but this kind of writing is just B movie stuff. 

Yeah, it was rough, but there's still more than enough good to outweigh the bad, in my opinion.

In fact, I believe this season is going very well, even though I am nitpicking around the edges a bit.

22 minutes ago, WCPhan said:

Michael Phelps couldn't have made that swim.

HARR!!!

Did you see Phelps "race" that "shark" a few weeks ago?  it was built up for a while, then, as I understand it, it wasn't even a real shark.

Pretty funny.

5 hours ago, Cron said:

Yeah, Battle of the Bastards was fun to watch, but lacking in realism, no doubt.

The fact that Jon survived is just mind-bending.  Can't be rationally processed.  If it was real, he would have been dead a hundred times over, maybe 1,000 times over.

But hey, I've seen theories that he has "magical luck."  Maybe that will be eventually revealed...

Directing/picture/visuals, no doubt, were some of the best I've seen. But holy *** how bad was everything else. You are right about the Jon, he should've died there, many times. I actually prayed he would due to all dumb mistakes he made and luck he had.

I could go on ranting about that particular battle (like how they wasted the last giant), but I just wanted to state the biggest mistake they've made so far, imo.

4 hours ago, Wsc44 said:

Tyrion knew. First, they both should have drowned. Then they somehow swam in armor. And the opposing force didn't even search for them. Tyrion, being the intelligent hand that he is should have made sure the land was searched a mile around given the value of a captured Jaime. Ah well. They just wanted a cliffhanger and didn't care if it made sense. 

I guess Jaime and Bron just casually strolled back to Kings Landing without being seen.  So lucky, these two. 

Hey I agree with you, it was the other dude who I quoted who stated the opposite :P 

Not one of you has mentioned how Sansa and Theon seemed to find the one giant snow pile to break their fall after jumping off the Winterfell wall? There is no snow accumulation anywhere and I don't recall them doing a Leap of Faith into a hay wagon either.

21 hours ago, Cron said:

Hate to say it, but I'm not a big fan of the "capture the wight" sub-plot either.

To me, the battle up north is simple.  Either Dany and her dragons can wipe the bad guys out, or humanity is screwed.  Dunno WHAT they need Cersei's "help" for, especially since Dany just annihilated the Lannister and Tarly armies.

Ditto.

As far as Jaime and Bronn escaping, the thing that made that so unbelievable was that Jaime swam all that way in armor.  If he had somehow gotten out of his armor while underwater, then I could see him swimming.  Bronn was only in leather, so a bit more plausible.

7 hours ago, plastic throne said:

Directing/picture/visuals, no doubt, were some of the best I've seen. But holy *** how bad was everything else. You are right about the Jon, he should've died there, many times. I actually prayed he would due to all dumb mistakes he made and luck he had.

I could go on ranting about that particular battle (like how they wasted the last giant), but I just wanted to state the biggest mistake they've made so far, imo.

Yeah, agreed, and we haven't even TOUCHED on the overall strategy.

Uhhh..."full frontal assault"??

When he (Jon) is badly outnumbered, and he's attacking a castle??

If Ramsay had simply kept his forces on and behind the walls of Winterfell, Jon and his forces would have been slaughtered, including the Knights of the Vale (cavalry are pretty useless in attacking a castle.  Pretty. Freaking. Useless)

Luckily for Jon, though, Ramsay did the stupidest thing possible, which was to go out and meet Jon in the field, where the KotV mowed them down like wheat.

2 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Ditto.

As far as Jaime and Bronn escaping, the thing that made that so unbelievable was that Jaime swam all that way in armor.  If he had somehow gotten out of his armor while underwater, then I could see him swimming.  Bronn was only in leather, so a bit more plausible.

Great points!

Yeah, Bronn likes to travel and fight lighter (in leather, as you say) so MAYBE he could have pulled it off (although not without coming up for air, and not without being captured, in my opinion), but Jaime was weighed down by his big fancy armor, which would be a big fancy deathtrap for him underwater.

Oh well, at least Bronn survived to be with Tyene!!  I was kind of afraid Bronn would get crossed off in that battle, but...NOPE!!!

40 minutes ago, Cron said:

Great points!

Yeah, Bronn likes to travel and fight lighter (in leather, as you say) so MAYBE he could have pulled it off (although not without coming up for air, and not without being captured, in my opinion), but Jaime was weighed down by his big fancy armor, which would be a big fancy deathtrap for him underwater.

Oh well, at least Bronn survived to be with Tyene!!  I was kind of afraid Bronn would get crossed off in that battle, but...NOPE!!!

Oh, you're one of those still holding out for Bronn to rescue Tyene. B) Well, he is back in KL now.  Question is, was Tyene really poisened?  If so, it's much too late for her.  And I hope so because even though I liked her and Bronn, she was in on the plot to poison marcella and hence deserves to die.

8 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Oh, you're one of those still holding out for Bronn to rescue Tyene. B) Well, he is back in KL now.  Question is, was Tyene really poisened?  If so, it's much too late for her.  And I hope so because even though I liked her and Bronn, she was in on the plot to poison marcella and hence deserves to die.

Well, I believe Cersei poisoned her, I just believe Tyene will survive.  I believe either (a) she has an immunity to the poison, either natural or acquired, or (b) she will get the antidote, either from Ellaria, herself, or Bronn (Maybe Bronn, as that would be fitting, since Tyene previously gave Bronn an antidote to poison.  Perhaps Bronn will make her say he is the most beautiful man in Westeros before he gives it to her.  HARR!!)

After that, Tyene and Bronn will be together, until the end, when it's all over and they go to rule over Dorne together, happily ever after.  I certainly hope so, as I think they are perfect for each other.  

(Regarding the murder of Myrcella, I did find that appalling, but i hold Ellaria FAR more responsible for that than Tyene.  Are we even positive that Tyene knew what was going to happen before it was done?  Dunno.)

On 8/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, Capo Ferro said:

Wait, what? Randall Tarly was an incredibly honorable man?  Randall Tarly was, in the show and the books, a man who said he'd butcher his own son and tell the world it was a hunting accident unless said son took the black.  Randall Tarly was not honorable he was a profoundly stupid person (but effective military commander) who couldn't see past his own instinctual bigotry and so hated anything that remotely smacked of learning, what he saw as weakness, or anything foreign.  Randall Tarly preferring to die rather than band together with foreigners is one of the most convincing things that's happened on the show.

But for the established fact (in show, just 2 episodes earlier) that Tarly fought for Daenerys´s father, AKA The Mad King and Burner of Vassals, during Robert´s Rebellion. I think the daughter of the legitimate (in your armed opinion) king can hardly be considered a foreigner, specially as she was born in Dragonstone (part of Westeros, as far as I know), speaks Westerosi fluently and follows the Faith of the Seven. Oh, yes, she is followed by a Dothraki horde, but that should not be too hard to overlook considering the other queen blew the High Sept up in flames and you are being threatened with dragon fire if you do not bend the knee.

16 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

16 hours ago, Cron said:

Well, I believe Cersei poisoned her, I just believe Tyene will survive.  I believe either (a) she has an immunity to the poison, either natural or acquired, or (b) she will get the antidote, either from Ellaria, herself, or Bronn (Maybe Bronn, as that would be fitting, since Tyene previously gave Bronn an antidote to poison.  Perhaps Bronn will make her say he is the most beautiful man in Westeros before he gives it to her.  HARR!!)

After that, Tyene and Bronn will be together, until the end, when it's all over and they go to rule over Dorne together, happily ever after.  I certainly hope so, as I think they are perfect for each other.  

(Regarding the murder of Myrcella, I did find that appalling, but i hold Ellaria FAR more responsible for that than Tyene.  Are we even positive that Tyene knew what was going to happen before it was done?  Dunno.)

If it was that ridiculously easy to sneak Tyrion into and (even worse if Cersei really knew about him being there) out of King's Landing, why can't someone sneak Ellaria and Tyene out of the dungeons? 

In all honesty, I hope they are both gone for good because the entire Dorne plot ranks right up there with Jaime and Bronn getting safely out of the water and back to KL in one scene.

1 hour ago, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

If it was that ridiculously easy to sneak Tyrion into and (even worse if Cersei really knew about him being there) out of King's Landing, why can't someone sneak Ellaria and Tyene out of the dungeons? 

Yes, yes!

1 hour ago, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

In all honesty, I hope they are both gone for good because the entire Dorne plot ranks right up there with Jaime and Bronn getting safely out of the water and back to KL in one scene.

No, no!  "Gone for good"?? Say it ain't so!!

Read all of the posts... actually not all of them... but I just wanted to say that MAYBE Jaime is valuable next to Cersei to easily betray her... Remember, that Jaime was King's Guard to The Mad King (Burn them all) and he stabbed him in the back... Cersei is considered as a Mad Queen because she " burned them all " ... so clearly, she might be stabbed in the back by Jaime somehow... I don't know... I really thought that she will end like the mad King as they both has the same King's Guard, and that they are both mad "King or Queen" and they both burned people ... maybe not for the same reason but still they burned people... "innocents people"... 

That's my thoughts... could be true or not... 

Archived