Is Jaime and Bronn NOT Being Captured the Most Unrealistic Thing in the Entire Show??

I think what show is missing this season is proofreading and editing.

This scene for example. They come up with an idea of Jaime and Bronn surviving yet another day, against all odds. And it's ok, they have their plot armor on, so we know they have to survive. But at the end, it's just wasn't convincing. 

Drogon just burned at least couple of hundred men, if not at least one thousand. Yet none of them tried to rush into river to save themselves from fire? 

My somewhat plausible scene of Jaime and Bronn escaping is that the writers made the aftermath slightly different. Why not end the episode with the scene of Bronn or Jaime struggling to take off his armor while drowning, making the scene intense? Also, when they manage to resurface what I imagined was tons of dead Lannister corpses floating in the river, which could give Jaime and Bronn a chance to swim out on the surface and not being seen/detected given the smoke on the battlefield, bodies etc. The stream of the river ( if there is one? ) would carry them away with the corpses. The two of them who had just escaped certain death twice( one from Drogon, other from drowning) and having to float with corpses, that would make it more convincing. 

On 8/15/2017 at 5:45 AM, Cron said:

(snip)

It would have been like, after the end of Episode 101, which ended with Bran falling from the tower, we had learned at the beginning of Episode 102 that he never hit the ground, cuz a gust of wind blew him sideways into a window where he landed safely on a pile of hay.

HARR!!

This made me laugh. :)

On 8/14/2017 at 11:14 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Arya and the waif is by far the most egregious stunt the show has ever pulled, but this is a close second.  It makes stuff like Meera dragging Bran singlehandedly through the land of always winter, nobody having any complaints about Cersei blowing up the sept, and Euron's navy going undetected from KL past dragonstone halfway across the continent seem reasonable.  Hell, even Sansa's decision to marry Ramsay seems more logical than Bronn's phelpsian swim.

Let's not forget Theon and Sansa jumping off the wall at Winterfell and not at least injuring a damn ankle or knee.  

On 15/08/2017 at 7:37 AM, Cron said:

Sorry, but to me, their miraculous escape without capture may well be the most unrealistic thing I've ever seen on GoT.  The only thing that's close would be Arya's incredible survival and victory over the Waif while holding her guts in with one hand (I guess), but even for that I'm holding out hope that magic was involved.

Arya was treated by someone with experience in patching people up and had a period of rest and recovery. The wound re-opened during the chase, but that would have just hurt a bit. An inconvenience. Anyway, whatever plausibility issues there were, they were all worth it for the moment when she sliced the candle.

2 hours ago, triton333 said:

Arya was treated by someone with experience in patching people up and had a period of rest and recovery. The wound re-opened during the chase, but that would have just hurt a bit. An inconvenience. Anyway, whatever plausibility issues there were, they were all worth it for the moment when she sliced the candle.

Well, I think it would take more than someone who merely has experience in patching people up.

My understanding is that the abdomen is a VERY bad place for a person to get stabbed even once, much less three or four times.

Why?  B/c so many guts, intestines, and organs, et cetera, are packed into a really tight area.  A single stab wound could puncture and/or lacerate multiple organs, and/or multiple sections of intestines.  And that's a SINGLE stab whereas Arya, I believe, was stabbed at least three or four times.

Further, for similar reasons, the risk of infection, or "sepsis," from a stab wound in the abdomen is very high.

B/c of all of this, the abdomen is a very bad place to be stabbed (or shot, for that matter).  One wound can shred intestines in multiple places.

Indeed, as someone else posted (perhaps in this very thread, I don't recall for sure), we have seen multiple people in ASOIAF die from a single wound to the abdomen.

Bottom line: Unless Lady Crane had magic (which I would accept, if we are told that is true; in fact, I would WELCOME that information at this point), it is off the charts unlikely that Arya even would have survived those stab wounds, much less do what she did in her chase and battle with the Waif.

If it was an extremely sharp knife perhaps the cuts would have been clean enough that the wounds would heal (whereas a less sharp knife would mush things up). And it's unclear where exactly the internal wounds were. Anyway, I take your point that she was quite fortunate to recover, but given that she did recover I don't think her taking out the Waif afterwards was all that outrageous.

Archived