Why would Davos have risked so much to go find Gendry?

Wildling Queen

1 hour ago, elipride said:

But it is out of character for book Gendry, he called Robert a drunk slob and he also expressed dislike for his father for abandoning him. Put the two together and I can't see how he could develop such an admiration for him. Show Gendry is basically a different character though, so I guess it can make sense there.

Isnt showGendry an amalgam of bookGendry and Edric Storm?  Might explain the differences more, but I honestly can't remember much about Edric. 

4 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

The problem with this criticism is that Jon states that the wildlings will provide a force to assist him.

Now, that didn't happen in the end as the wildlings apparently weren't willing to go back north of the wall (other than Tormund).

Even so, when they were discussing Jon going north to capture a wight it was clearly stated that Jon expected the wildlings to provide a complimentary force.

a complementary force that even with the reinforcements of all north is expected to be rolled by the AOD... so capture one of them still ludicrous...

18 hours ago, WCPhan said:

Gendry is the son of Robert ergo heir to Kings Landing

Jon is King in the North

Dany is heir to the Targaryen lineage

They now have all three of the natural heirs to all the kingdoms making all their claims valid. A very important point to the people and the Noblemen of whom to follow.

Gendry and Dany are both heirs to the Iron Throne, i.e. King's Landing?  Because technically, King's Landing is part of the Crownlands, not the Stormlands.  Gendry has no ambitions to sit on the Iron Throne.  Hopefully he will survive and be legitimized and be made Lord Baratheon...

Archived