England - Steps 3 and 4 expansion

TMIFairy

Step 3 is to expand to four leagues and Step 4 to seven starting 2018/19.

I'd expect Step 4 to reach eight leagues in a few years.

League sizes are to move down from the current - at Steps 1 through 4 -

24-22-24-22/24

to

24-22-22-20

Thoughts?

Seemed a random thing for a Polish guy to be starting a topic about, but couldn't think what else it would be.

I hadn't heard about the change before. I guess it will help clubs out who are struggling financially as the distances they will need to travel to away matches will be reduced. The leagues being reduced in size also hopefully will lead to less wear on non-3g pitches and therefore postponements.

Whilst they are making changes, giving another promotion spot to get into the Football League would be beneficial. There always seems to be a backlog at the top of the National League when only one side can go up automatically and those who are promoted generally do well immediately in League 2.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

What even is this comment.

That this is a pretty niche subject, especially outside of the country in which it is taking place - meaning that I checked that was what he was talking about before replying fully.

Thank you for the pointer, Raja, but I do not think that the thread you mentioned is useful. It is about the 2017/18 season of the rarified heights of the EPL :)

Chelsea winning the title while burning the billions of a Russian gangster and competing with teams funded by Arab or some other Asian slavers does not interest me. Neither do teams funded by Polish crooks interest me.

Frankly, I find professional football to be boring - always the same teams, always the field slanted towards the Big Boys.

I find Lincoln battling Tranmere for the top spot of the Conference to be much more exiting. Or the Cowdenbeath vs East Kilbride play-off at the bottom of the SPFL.

I do not watch football any more as in my dotage I have a short attention span. I manage five minutes at most :)

I follow Scottish football and English non-league results as a sort of never-ending soap opera :)

E.g. "in this week's episode Tranmere has her heart broken as FGR bested her due to a sugar daddy (shamless slut sucking up to that veggy eating perv!) while having only one fifth of face-book and instagram followers Tranmere has. With FGR away to uni, and Lincoln visiting long-lost relations, will Tranmere bounce back and win the scholarship/Miss Conference National title?".

:D

Seems like Glenn Tamplin and Billericay are a great new addition to the cast of the soap. There are enough plot lines there to last for years.

I totally understand the lure of Scottish football as a bit of an antidote to the Premier League, but despise both Rangers and Celtic, so that has always been a bit of a put off to following it  closely.

I'm a "diddy" supporter - for some inexplicable reason I seem to like the Edinburgh sides and Cowdenbeath. Last year's three-way basement battle between Clyde, Edinburgh City and Cowden was fascinating!

It is lovely that Rangers 2012's 2nd attempt at their first title is coming off the rails already :)

And their 2017 European Campaign is a legend already!

I googled Glenn Tamplin LOLOLOLOLOLOL! What Lannister vibes! His reaction to the reaction to having lions painted on the walls of the dressing room:

Crack on all you sheep, lions don’t lose sleep over sheep’s opinions

Full on soap opera with ASOIAF vibes!

This merits a link:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/non-league/260548/non-league-billericay-town-owner-glenn-tamplin-unveils-dressing-room-overhaul-complete-with-tasteful-lion-themed-mural-photo.html

Archived