Azor Ahai

Hibee87

1 minute ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

I was wondering why my little finger fun death speculation thread got locked down, probably because people revealed something similar to leaks maybe?

I was wondering the same.  I didn't see anything that looked like an obvious spoiler, besides the idea that LF dies, but I see that as a foregone conclusion at this point.

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

The theory is below, though I'm not sure why it would be called a spoiler unless someone knows something I don't know.  

Jon Snow is Lightbringer

Rhaegar was tPtwP/Azor Ahai

Lyanna was Nissa Nissa Reborn 

So do you believe Jon is also Azor Ahai (reborn)  or is he a sword for another, like Dany perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

I love that theory. But what does the water and lion forging mean then? Rhaegar banged a Lannister before and a..?

Good question.  The theory holds that the first two attempts are Rhaegar's children by Elia.  Not sure how it ties to those details in the prophecy.

5 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

So do you believe Jon is also Azor Ahai (reborn)  or is he a sword for another, like Dany perhaps.

A sword is a tool.  Jon would be the tool the lord of light uses to end the Long Night.

"I am the sword in the darkness" is part of the Night's Watch vows.

8 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

The theory is that "sword" is  a metaphor, and Jon is Lightbringer, making Rhaegar Azor Ahai and Lyanna Nissa Nissa.  

Ok... I just thought that Jon might be Azor Ahai reborn because he took a stab into his heart. Isn't that what Daenerys overheard sir Davos say and she asked Jon about it? Maybe Daenerys starts to think that Jon is Azor Ahai. I don't remember what her take (as Targaryen) on Rhaegar being AA is.

2 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Yeah. I guess the prophesy can't be interpreted one on one. I guess the clue here is, third time's a charm.

It also implies that Rhaegar could have known that Lyanna was going to die.  Could add fuel to the "Rhaegar is a jerk" thread.  

21 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Daenerys is Azor Ahai.

I used to think so too. Now I'm firmly in the Rhaegar camp because Martin has said in the past that he was always interested in writing a story where the hero dies in the beginning.  Everyone thinks he meant Ned. I think he meant Rhaegar.  

2 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

The theory is below, though I'm not sure why it would be called a spoiler unless someone knows something I don't know.  

Jon Snow is Lightbringer

Rhaegar was tPtwP/Azor Ahai

Lyanna was Nissa Nissa Reborn 

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow." kind of debunks this theory.  Unless you are going to argue R'hllor is intentionally leading Melisandre astray.  She is not asking to see Lightbringer, she is asking for a glimpse of Azor Ahai.  It is one thing to misinterpret a vision, quite another to see something completely different than the vision you are being shown.

G.R.R.M. is mucking the waters with all his talk about prophecy.  GRRM has also said that he wants to avoid prophecies that are too literal or too easily solved, so what people think of as "correct" answers may in fact be no more than red herrings, concealing a subtler, more mundane yet overall correct solution.  The red herring is this line so readers / watchers will try to over analyze prophecies and hints eventually throwing yourself off the trail.  

If Jon and Dany fall in love, Jon fulfills two prophecies with one well placed sword.  Jon becomes the third betrayal (for love) and reforges Lightbringer.  My guess is it will be Melisandre who tells Jon he has to reforge Longclaw inside Dany to save the world and stop the Night King.

I prefer to live by a simple rule:  Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

24 minutes ago, Rohlin_the_Wretched said:

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow." kind of debunks this theory.  Unless you are going to argue R'hllor is intentionally leading Melisandre astray.  She is not asking to see Lightbringer, she is asking for a glimpse of Azor Ahai.  It is one thing to misinterpret a vision, quite another to see something completely different than the vision you are being shown.

G.R.R.M. is mucking the waters with all his talk about prophecy.  GRRM has also said that he wants to avoid prophecies that are too literal or too easily solved, so what people think of as "correct" answers may in fact be no more than red herrings, concealing a subtler, more mundane yet overall correct solution.  The red herring is this line so readers / watchers will try to over analyze prophecies and hints eventually throwing yourself off the trail.  

If Jon and Dany fall in love, Jon fulfills two prophecies with one well placed sword.  Jon becomes the third betrayal (for love) and reforges Lightbringer.  My guess is it will be Melisandre who tells Jon he has to reforge Longclaw inside Dany to save the world and stop the Night King.

I prefer to live by a simple rule:  Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Melisandre has misread every vision she's had.

Archived