Video Games: A (Sonic 3D) Blast From The Past

KiDisaster

11 minutes ago, Fez said:

I'm finding it incredibly depressing that the latest trailer for the new Wolfenstein game is being considered a controversial political statement. It's a video game about killing Nazis in long-running series about killing Nazis; an ad saying that the game is about killing Nazis should not be a controversial statement.

White Americans are really passionate about defending literal Nazis lately. I love how salty these assholes are getting about this game. 

Even better that it's a lot of the same people who like to pull the "It's just a game stop being so sensitive" card whenever someone criticizes the depiction of women or minorities or something. 

5 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

White Americans are really passionate about defending literal Nazis lately. I love how salty these assholes are getting about this game. 

Even better that it's a lot of the same people who like to pull the "It's just a game stop being so sensitive" card whenever someone criticizes the depiction of women or minorities or something. 

I'm planning on buying this and Far Cry 5 at the same time.

9 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

I looked at a few of the tweets and saw SJWs, Antifa, BLM, etc. I think it'd be kind of cool if Antifa was in this, somehow. That'd probably be easier to pull off in Far Cry as it's not in an alternate reality US.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

African Carthage will burn in god sent fury.

Carthage always gets the short end of the stick. 

I've started multiple games of Rome II as Carthage in order to make them great, but I never get past the first few rounds. They're just too boring for me to play. 

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Carthage always gets the short end of the stick. 

I've started multiple games of Rome II as Carthage in order to make them great, but I never get past the first few rounds. They're just too boring for me to play. 

I've subdued resistance from Africa, but the Sassanids are pressing in Palestinia.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:15 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

I've subdued resistance from Africa, but the Sassanids are pressing in Palestinia.

Show no mercy!

Which is what I need to learn. For the umpteenth I am trying to to get the trophy in Stellaris for eliminating all other species in the galaxy. I'm just super bad at being the bad guy though.. She-it, I can't even bring myself to steal from people in Fallout/Elderscroll games. But it must be done if I want this trophy. I'm sorry for the untold billions who will die so that the Pure can dominate their galaxy.

Edit: My first attempt has ended in failure. After one of the best starts I've ever had at this game, my extermination of the galaxy was completely shutdown after the Human Progenitors intervened. Stupid Fallen Empires.

I'm currently running a successful campaign in Warhammer II with the High Elves led by Tyrion. I'm first in the race for the Vortex, with only one ritual left. But defending my cities during the last ritual was quite the challenge. One of the gate-cities that protect the interior of Ulthuan, along with 3 minor cities were razed by forces of Chaos and Skaven, before I was able to muster my armies and destroy them. I had some fun battles against the Skaven, though. One thing I like about the High Elves is that with their Influence mechanic you can recruit more powerful lords and heroes, including one lord with the badass name of Alastar the White Lion.

I wish I could answer @Talleyrand on the food question for the Skaven, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm thinking I will, once I finish this High Elf campaign.

It was with a dark foresight that the Empress of the Greek-Christian Roman Empire ordered the recapture and conversion of New Carthage in Hispania. Coming off a successful campaign against the Afrighanids near Constantinople, the monarch fought to dull the Persian Incursion while finding money to feed her people.

Flavious Adronatious, meanwhile, the naval commander who had kept the African coast under control for seven years, descended upon the seat of African power in Cesarea.

I'm coming along in Elite Dangerous... probably about 15 hours in, finally getting some upgrades for my puny USS Vulnerable and more than just courier missions. Debating whether it's worth it to keep upgrading the starter ship or just go ahead and save up for a better one. 

Save up - bigger cargo holds make more missions available. Or you can fit in some cabins and ferry passengers. Some good missions taking tourists on long haul trips.

Cobra iii is a good all-rounder ship.

Siege battles in Warhammer II (and I) are incredibly idiotic. Here I was, all excited to defend a city against a massive Skaven force of 4 armies, and lost the battle because the town center was occupied by Skaven forces that were supposed to be routed. Yup, units in this game rout into a city, instead of routing back the way they came. But then they remember their courage, and become active again. :bang: 

In Elite, navy missions are offered by thr usual contacts rather than a specific navy contact, which is odd.

But finally got offered an Imperial navy mission which was also my first assassination mission. Blew it, couldnt find the target :(

Took another imp navy assassination mission few hours later, foubd target no prpbs and killed him, and got my first navy and Elite rank :)

An imp navy courier mission and a a spot of bounty hunting saw me promoted. Now aiming to save up to refit my cobra for exploration, maybe go 'south' to aim for the outer rim.  When I get my Asp Exlorer I'll head for the core.

Some of the npc names are amusing - came across someone who's name ended with 'the moist', and also saw a 'Good Batiatus', a nod to Spartacus Blood & Sand.  Also seen a Jayne Cobb.

Donation missions are an excellent if costly way to raise your rep with factions and its asscoiated superpower.

On 07/10/2017 at 0:39 AM, Simon Steele said:

I looked at a few of the tweets and saw SJWs, Antifa, BLM, etc. I think it'd be kind of cool if Antifa was in this, somehow. That'd probably be easier to pull off in Far Cry as it's not in an alternate reality US.

The Far Cry series is set in an alternate reality where crazy genetic engineering is possible and there are completely fictional countries in Africa, the Himalayas and the Pacific. If anything, FC5 is unusual in being the first game to be set in a real country/location, although I strongly suspect the country/region of Montana it's set in will be completely fictional.

So the murderous, sadistic elf in my party (Divinity OS2) all of a sudden is in love with my main character and wants to kiss all the time. This is perplexing because I have never once chosen any romantical sounding option in conversation with her. Guess she's just got a thing for chaotic good dwarven pirates and, well, who could blame her? She's gonna be disappointed though. The Beast O' The Sea only has eyes for Ifan. 

Also I finally got some chicken dinners in PUBG. Once solo and once in doubles with a friend. That game gets incredibly tense when it's down to the last few people in a tiny circle. Good cardio :lol: 

On 10/6/2017 at 4:00 PM, Kalbear said:

I'm planning on buying this and Far Cry 5 at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to both as well.

Archived