How will the Dornish plot be brought into the fold?

TheFuryOfWesteros

Hello all,

New to the forum. Just curious to get a thread going to see some different opinions out there on the Dornish plot. It is easy to tell through the first five installments of the series that Doran is trying hedge his bets ( Quentyne with Dany, Arianne with Aegon, Trystane with Myrcella). Just wondering how others foresee things playing out for the South.

As far as I can tell Arianne is definitely going to send Dragon.

Lets just look at the situation.  Aegon has taken Storms End, an incredible feat.

Arianne still judges men by their appearance when she first meets them(that's what she did to Lysono Marr).

Aegon is according to Tyrion super hot.

The army coming down from Kings Landing is likely to be defeated.

Jon Con is really Jon Con, and it seems Doran gave Arianne info on him so she could confirm his identity.

Stormlords have already joined him.

When Arianne looks at everything and sees a Reach army defeated, a Targ looking beautiful guy, a real Joncon, Stormlords, and Storms End, she is going to declare for him.  I think the only real question is who does Aegon marry, does he accept Arianne, or wait for a better match since he should have Dornes support regardless.

I can't ignore the obvious lady lance parallel with Lyanna.  I think Aegon falls for her, exactly what becomes of that idk but I expect her to become pregnant to continue the Blackfyre line, even if through a bastard.

As seen in her preview chapters, Arianne thinks of the crown she lost because of Daenerys and doesn't seem to like the idea of Quentyn becoming king.Aegon offers a crown, is winning the war, looks like a Targaryen and has Jon Con (whose identity is undeniable).The news from Meereen will make her choice easier. Aegon would marry her because he needs Elia's family to prove that he is true.Jon Con underlined that it is important to have Dorne on their side.

I agree with the above posters.

I would add that if this comes to pass it would - for me - actually give the Dornish arc a meaning storywise. A pretty cool meaning even.

Doran's super-long-game masterplan that never came to anything and frankly kind of bored me being gambled on Arianne's decision where Aegon is concerned. And then she makes the wrong decision by declaring for Aegon. Which in the short term looks like the right decision. And the whole story and Dany arc gets messed up even further. I would love that.

Archived