Describe your ideal Littlefinger death scene

Eddard Scissorhands

On 8/15/2017 at 7:57 PM, Pandean said:

As long as Sansa gets to be involved somehow I will be happy. Doubt she'll kill him herself but at least being the one to pass the sentence. 

But Sansa should remember her father's (and brother's and stepbrother's) words that the one to pass the sentence should be the one to swing the blade.

Of course Arya, Brienne, and half a dozen other people tell her "No, milady, I'll do it for you", but she insists. Of course she's physically pretty weak, and has had no training at all with a sword, so there's not going to be a clean decapitation, there's going to be a minute or two of messy bashing and painful screams before she does enough damage for it to be fatal. Then another five minutes before he finally dies, twitching and babbling and bleeding all over rather than getting out a clever last line, while Sansa sits on the ground panting in exhaustion and trying and failing to hold in her vomit over what she's done rather than glorying in delivering justice. Then fade out, end of S7.

16 minutes ago, falcotron said:

But Sansa should remember her father's (and brother's and stepbrother's) words that the one to pass the sentence should be the one to swing the blade.

Of course Arya, Brienne, and half a dozen other people tell her "No, milady, I'll do it for you", but she insists. Of course she's physically pretty weak, and has had no training at all with a sword, so there's not going to be a clean decapitation, there's going to be a minute or two of messy bashing and painful screams before she does enough damage for it to be fatal. Then another five minutes before he finally dies, twitching and babbling and bleeding all over rather than getting out a clever last line, while Sansa sits on the ground panting in exhaustion and trying and failing to hold in her vomit over what she's done rather than glorying in delivering justice. Then fade out, end of S7.

She could always find more dogs.

Based on the response to the other thread "How to capture a wight...":

1) Execute Littlefinger.

2) Do not burn his body. Tie it on a sled with a rope and then bring it North of the Wall.

3) Wait for it to turn into a wight. (Or something to turn it into a wight)

4) Pull the rope and bring the wight to King's Landing as proof of the Army of the Dead

5) To drive home the point that Valyrian Steel is useful north of the Wall, Arya pricks him with her VS dagger.

28 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Eh, maybe she should, but that has never really been Sansa - she was always more Tully than Stark, more King's Landing than Winterfell. What you're describing is more Arya, she's all good with swinging the sword herself.

30 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Heh, there was that other show or movie from some years back where something like that happened (a botched beheading, the victim staying alive through several swings), but I forget which. I wanna say The Tudors, maybe? Been too long since I saw it. It was painful to watch.

38 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Eh, maybe she should, but that has never really been Sansa - she was always more Tully than Stark, more King's Landing than Winterfell. What you're describing is more Arya, she's all good with swinging the sword herself.

TBH, I think Sansa is very Stark-like. Her ideals and views are straight up Ned. Arya actually reminds me more of Tully due to her storyline majorly focusing on family--her 'pack', creating a new family, getting revenge on the people who hurt her family, etc.

I think a Stark can be good at politics and a Tully can be good a martial things. It's not like the North doesn't deal in politics or the game. I mean, Manderlys, for one.

I don't think she'll legit swing a sword herself, mainly because she doesn't seem to have the muscle-tone to do so, but I could imagine her taking part in some way.

Either way, I never really saw the whole Sansa is Tully, Arya is Stark. If anything, I always thought the opposite.

But that's just my opinion.

Not by getting stabbed or having his throat cut. Those types of deaths are getting really repetitive. 

I think I'd like Sansa to kick him out of Winterfell and he walks in the middle of a blizzard, all alone, penniless, blind. Then the White Walkers show up and he tries to sweet talk them like he did everyone else but they're having none of his shit and a giant wight steps on him. 

4 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Heh, there was that other show or movie from some years back where something like that happened (a botched beheading, the victim staying alive through several swings), but I forget which. I wanna say The Tudors, maybe? Been too long since I saw it. It was painful to watch.

I don't know what show you're talking about, but "painful to watch" is exactly what I'm going for.

D&D say they're trying to tell a story about how the cycle of vengeance destroys everyone who participates in it, and I can see that they're trying, but they keep undercutting it so badly that it doesn't work. As long as they keep giving us good-guy ironic-justice killing scenes straight out of 80s Arnie movies, it doesn't matter how many nice-Lannister-soldiers scenes they put in between, it's not a story about the tragedy of revenge, it's a story about the glory of revenge. Give us a botched beheading that leaves Sansa physically, emotionally, and morally exhausted, and then it works. 

(I suppose there's the Dornish story. But I'm not even 100% sure that really was even intended to be a classic revenge tragedy, and I'm pretty sure most viewers didn't take it as one. I think the most common reaction to Tyene's last scene wasn't "Sad, but that was how it had to end" so much as "Oh, good, no more Sand Snakes scenes!")

4 hours ago, Pandean said:

TBH, I think Sansa is very Stark-like. Her ideals and views are straight up Ned. Arya actually reminds me more of Tully due to her storyline majorly focusing on family--her 'pack', creating a new family, getting revenge on the people who hurt her family, etc.

I think a Stark can be good at politics…

I think the best parallel to Sansa is her grandfather, Rickard Stark. We don't know too much about him from the show (and not even that much more from the books), but the little we get is:

• He came up with the idea of using marriage alliances and personal friendships to tie the North, RIvers, Vale, and Stormlands closer together. (According to the books, this was actually his maester's idea, but he's still the one who pitched it to the other Great Lords and negotiated the whole thing.)
  • He said something about how dignity is a weapon too, although I can't remember the line.
  • He advised Ned to avoid fights, especially fights he can't win.

That seems a lot more Sansa than her Tully grandfather Hoster does.

Archived