DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

My full intention is to come to both events, but I haven't bought memberships yet. Will try to do that before Christmas.

@Wolfgang I Could be an idea to adjust the first post to mention EuroCon as well? We could also get a separate list for people just going to WorldCon and doing the double of going to both events?

Update the first post. :)

I could color-code the names. Black for just Worldcon only  and orange for Worldcon+Eurocon for example. 

1 hour ago, Wolfgang I said:

Update the first post. :)

I could color-code the names. Black for just Worldcon only  and orange for Worldcon+Eurocon for example. 

I already had a Eurocon membership. I think probably everyone on the list so far is intending to go to both.

1 hour ago, Qthulhu said:

Orange if you intend to go to NI?

INTERESTING CHOICE OF COLOUR.

When I was helping at the Titancon/Eurocon table at WorldCon one person did suggest that since Dublin 2019's advertising was heavily based on the colour green that we should use orange for Eurocon to match the colours of the Irish flag. Somehow I doubt we're going to be following that suggestion.

I have memberships to both events and fully intend to be there!

Well, I hope the Dublin folks bring my friends thing for the bid and my site selection vote together (I voted early in Dortmund and I hope my ballot made it to Helsinki to be counted). Then I have my membership.

2 hours ago, Qthulhu said:

Oh, but everyone would look great walking around that part of Belfast in their orange lanyards and badges.

What could possibly go wrong.

But hey if we do follow the flag suggestion there is a third colour White.    - and that’s a colour represented somewhere in just about all unofficial flags of NI and its on the GB one.  Could be a far safer choice.

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

But hey if we do follow the flag suggestion there is a third colour White.    - and that’s a colour represented somewhere in just about all unofficial flags of NI and its on the GB one.  Could be a far safer choice.

Also, it's so much cheaper to print on white... :P

I have memberships for EuroCon for myself and TCCB, and buying WorldCon membership is on my to do list (very much intend to both).

23 hours ago, Pebble said:

Oh, I dunno, I guess perhaps something like... no preparation for two years, with the end result being 40 people in a room talking about the weather, before getting torn apart by midges on the coach tour at sunset on Sunday, and spending Monday in A&E.

It's that, or someone putting a pin in Bouncy Castle Black.

7 hours ago, Qthulhu said:

Oh, I dunno, I guess perhaps something like... no preparation for two years, with the end result being 40 people in a room talking about the weather, before getting torn apart by midges on the coach tour at sunset on Sunday, and spending Monday in A&E.

It's that, or someone putting a pin in Bouncy Castle Black.

It wasn't a pin. It was dragon glass.

Archived