US Politics: On Many Sides

Kalbear

Been watching CNN all day and saw Bob Corker openly condemn Trump's comments and terrible leadership, which is pretty good. Even that snake Ted Cruz definitively condemned support of Nazi's and 'clansmen' and outright refused to apologize or qualify for Trump. I will say this for Cruz, being a true believer he probably doesn't see himself as a bigot so I bought his statement on hate groups from his point of view. Small steps, but steps nonetheless. 

Sen. Cardin was just on praising Corker and speaking about the merits of reaching across the isle. Very well played, I think. Don't push these guys into a corner when they want to distance themselves from Trump, give them a hand out of the grave. I know there's this pipe dream that Trump will drag the Republicans down forever, but I'm not buying it and reaching out to bring them a bit back towards moderation seems like the smart play here. 

I think there's a lot of truth in this article:

Could Trump truly be playing a game so sophisticated that no one can fully understand it but him? I suppose. But the most obvious answer is usually the right one. And if you take Trump's word for how he lives his life, the most obvious answer is that Trump in the White House is doing what he's done his whole life: just winging it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/trump-strategy-chess/index.html

20 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Perhaps you mean to ask if we all have biases towards people of other groups?

Ohhhhhhh, now we are going to play with words.

Because the answer is yes for most folks.

Are not biases towards other folks prejudices’? Dictionary definition is ---- preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Racism should be understood as a spectrum and that "gray" racism - in other words, not overt nazi shit - is also deeply damaging to society.

WTF does that mean? Racism should be understood as a spectrum?

Here's a good general article on it with a racism scale that I think is helpful for those like yourself who may not be very knowledgeable about bigotry and racism in general. 

https://medium.com/@harterhealing/how-america-spreads-the-disease-that-is-racism-by-not-confronting-racist-family-members-and-friends-effb68da7e97

Thank you. Already been down the road of the bigotry definition --- intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Let’s go down the road of dictionary definition of bias --- prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

People can huff and puff --- this is right, this is wrong.

Shite, I just read an online newspaper article comments and a person wanted to know why there were confederate statues in Baltimore.

15 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

I will say this for Cruz, being a true believer he probably doesn't see himself as a bigot so I bought his statement on hate groups from his point of view. Small steps, but steps nonetheless. 

Being a "true believer" makes him a bigot insofar as his view towards LBGTQ . He just belongs to a different hate group near as I can tell.

21 hours ago, Week said:

Are you calling them Nazi wannabes and little neo nobody's because they are responsible for only a few murders? At what point do you stop babying them and take them seriously? They support ideology of a regime that murdered millions -- isn't that admiration inherently dangerous?

Discussion can not be forthcoming when people try to put words into other peoples mouths.

The below is the statement I made.

22 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

The problem arises when little neo nobody’s attach themselves to a cause which isn’t really a cause. The Klan has no real power. There are pockets of slimy bottom feeders to be sure.

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Being a "true believer" makes him a bigot insofar as his view towards LBGTQ . He just belongs to a different hate group near as I can tell.

Of course. I merely meant to convey that he probably does condemn Nazis, he's still a piece of shit.

Eta: weird wordage

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Me personally, I’m pretty rude with people that try to claim the Civil War wasn’t about slavery.

This is where my fatigue comes in.  I find myself unable to not rail against those who want to rewrite fact.  But the trying-to-drain-the-ocean-with-a-bucket aspect of it all is exhausting.  Will keep fighting though.

This is one of the most clever bits of vandalism I've ever seen - the Jefferson Davis memorial sign was tarred and feathered.

https://twitter.com/FOX10Phoenix/status/898262302788526080

But making the Arizona confederate memorial a participation trophy is even better.

https://twitter.com/ProgressNowAZ/status/897679390556868608

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Oh, I know. That's why I think they'll come to blows. The clowns have been woke for a very, very long time and have been pretty outspoken, even if their fans are pretty much as white as they come. 

There probably is to some degree - but also possibly less than you think. ICP fans have been absurdly and weirdly targeted by the government as being a gang and have been harassed by the FBI. ICP themselves is famously Christian, but are also famously anti-racist and very, very against things like the confederate flag (in one song they mention taking a shit on it) and the like. They are not easily shoehorned.

Yea, they are very anti racist and very anti fascist. The only issue is their sexism and some of the misogyny they perpetuate as well as the casual use of homophobic slurs. 

7 hours ago, Fez said:

September 16 is gonna be a hell of a day in DC. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pro-trump-rally-to-commence-on-same-day-as-juggalos-march-in-dc/

On Twitter at least, some of the Juggalos seem like they're angling for a fight. But I doubt anything will happen beyond maybe a few people getting sprayed with Faygo who weren't expecting it.

I wouldn't be shocked if quite a few Juggalos did more than that haha.

Lol someone tarred and feathered the Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway monument.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/arizonas-jefferson-davis-memorial-highway-monument-vandalized/465106203

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/18/breaking_leonard_peltier_denied_clemency_by

The Office of the Pardon Attorney has announced President Obama has denied clemency to imprisoned Native American activist Leonard Peltier. Peltier is a former member of the American Indian Movement who was convicted of killing two FBI agents during a shootout on South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in 1975. He has long maintained his innocence.

Amnesty International condemned the decision.

10 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Obama is not president...

Correct.

If you perchance read the article it said, " Trump ain’t going to do it."

3 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Some just gotta deflect and derail.

Deflect what.

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, but what does this have to do with the price of rice in China? This is going to be one hell of a connect-the-dots puzzle.

People yap about slavery in the USA. Yeah it happened.

European people who arrived at the shores of ?America first pushed the native population off their lands before they brought African slavery to their shores.

See the video on this GQ video link -- Holy cow! I've been calling this militarized infantile cosplay for a while -- and here it is, right out there; video embedded in this story.  White boy separated from his bully boys and terrified, running away -- and then taking off his white supremacist nazi shirt and melting into a crowd of white people, after saying, first he's 'barely' a white supremacist, but that it is fun yelling white power, and it's all just a good time and he "likes to just fuck shit up."

https://www.gq.com/story/charlottesville-white-supremacist-strips-to-escape-protestors

16 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Some just gotta deflect and derail.

Better watch out.  That poster will get you into an argument about his make believe dictionary definitions.

12 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Speaking of pardons or... something? 

Did Manning ever get out of the clink?

Yeah, she has a pretty active social media presence these days.  Even the crying nazi name dropped her because apparently Manning was a super duper meanie by posting a picture of stomping on nazis and it just really hurt the nazi feels.  

Archived