US Politics: On Many Sides

Kalbear

Some more accounts from residents of the actions of antifa etc at Charlottesville, I don't think I've seen this one posted: 

http://amp.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/what_the_alt_left_was_actually_doing_in_charlottesville.html

I saw a Twitter thread going round that McAuliffe had been on a podcast (Save the People or something?) and said they'd found weapon caches around Charlottesville, which if so reframes the whole thing as a test run take over of the city. They don't have to all personally have that level of equipment, they're collecting the gear from the cache and hitting the street. This was being disputed by some of the police, but they're the same police that abandoned the city to the Nazis so... 

I've also seen some cautioning that the Nazi crying is an attempt at propaganda, the crying isn't genuine and there's no reason he'd release a video of him actually crying. It may be bad propaganda or we may be the mark, not the audience.

15 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I've also seen some cautioning that the Nazi crying is an attempt at propaganda, the crying isn't genuine and there's no reason he'd release a video of him actually crying. It may be bad propaganda or we may be the mark, not the audience.

Important thing to remember about the Nazi guy,

He was a very different guy four years ago. He certainly put on a tough act for that Vice doc; but someone who's been a Nazi for less than four years, maybe hasn't actually had to deal with law enforcement before now.

I guess they read the US Constitution again and figured out that you can freely exercise your First Amendmend rights or your Second Amendment rights, but not at the same time. The freedom of assembly in the First Amendment is restricted to "protest[ing] peacably", and bringing guns is the opposite of peacefulness. 

54 minutes ago, Zorral said:

See the video on this GQ video link -- Holy cow! I've been calling this militarized infantile cosplay for a while -- and here it is, right out there; video embedded in this story.  White boy separated from his bully boys and terrified, running away -- and then taking off his white supremacist nazi shirt and melting into a crowd of white people, after saying, first he's 'barely' a white supremacist, but that it is fun yelling white power, and it's all just a good time and he "likes to just fuck shit up."

https://www.gq.com/story/charlottesville-white-supremacist-strips-to-escape-protestors

I was trying to link the twitter that had the video of it because it was hilarious, but I just gave up since my internet died out lol. 

He is the type that is an internet troll white supremacist. They think it's funny to be bigots and then ask if someone is made or call them butthurt over just a difference of opinion even if they are being so obviously bigoted. He found out quickly that when you do that shit in person most people are going to want to cave your head in. He seems to have learned nothing about it given what he said after that black guy decided not to beat the piss out of him. But he got a good scare. 

47 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Some more accounts from residents of the actions of antifa etc at Charlottesville, I don't think I've seen this one posted: 

http://amp.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/what_the_alt_left_was_actually_doing_in_charlottesville.html

I saw a Twitter thread going round that McAuliffe had been on a podcast (Save the People or something?) and said they'd found weapon caches around Charlottesville, which if so reframes the whole thing as a test run take over of the city. They don't have to all personally have that level of equipment, they're collecting the gear from the cache and hitting the street. This was being disputed by some of the police, but they're the same police that abandoned the city to the Nazis so... 

I'm pretty sure governor himself said they found weapons around the city. So the police can try to lie all they want to protect the nazis and klansmen they would march with if they weren't working, but where the fuck else did these assholes get weapons? The went completely against what the cops told them to do when it came to what route to take for their march. Then they showed up with weapons going to another part of the city instead of the planned route. It's obvious they were only there to terrorize and use violence. That is their ideology, and that is all they know and respect. And that right there is why I will always support being forceful with nazis and white supremacists and have no issue with violence being used against them. They follow a violent ideology that has the end game of genocide, and they will use violence to get to that goal. They are clearly using the country's ignorant tolerance  of their intolerance which is allowing them indoctrinate people.

And I wouldn't doubt if Cantwell was faking his crying, but if it was, it's not gaining many followers and sympathizers. In fact I have seen him mocked mercilessly. Especially since some of the articles showing that video also show his linked that Vice piece that shows him spewing his bigoted and violent views . Someone also mashed up a video of his calls to kill and his racism with him crying about being scared etc. Either way, Cantwell is cowardly scum and was crying about getting maced by leftists two days in a row. 

50 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Better watch out.  That poster will get you into an argument about his make believe dictionary definitions.

Yeah, she has a pretty active social media presence these days.  Even the crying nazi name dropped her because apparently Manning was a super duper meanie by posting a picture of stomping on nazis and it just really hurt the nazi feels.  

Lol, yea, Cantwell was whining about how Manning was threatening to curb stomp him and his friends. He's a chickenshit coward that has the typical white supremacist victim mentality. 

And yet there are all these people who think 'we' shouldn't have an arm(s) too.  I had quoted in the former thread some of what the people had said about the antifa stepping in, saving them from beatings at best, and maybe even their lives.  This account in the slate link has been put together coherently.  I'm grateful.

People I know have been saying for days that the Charlottesville was a dry run in attempting to take over a town and city.

SoD - McAuliffe is the Governor yeah, that's what I was meaning to imply. When the Governor of the state is saying they found weapon caches, and the police try to contradict him...I'm going to believe the Governor over the organisation that's riddled with Nazi's that just stood aside and let them take over the city that they're now commenting on.

Fez - you say he used to be a Paulite and came to Nazism via Bernie, but he's been a MRA for some time, he was a contributor at A Voice for Men, and that's been the fucking breeding ground for so much of this shit, so I'm...not so convinced that this is an 11th hour conversion. He may be genuinely inept at dealing with law enforcement sure, but while there has been a lot of poor execution if there is one thing that the far right has been dedicated to over the last decade its commitment to psychological war. They're the ones that are constantly gaming out false flag attacks, making sock puppets to use, smothering social media and comment sections in propaganda, editing wikipedia to suit their narrative. A lot of this does nothing, but over time this shit adds up, and it speaks to what they are trying to do. Don't underestimate their motivation. I'm not talking up their skill though.

31 minutes ago, Zorral said:

People I know have been saying for days that the Charlottesville was a dry run in attempting to take over a town and city.

Just to support that WS definitely want to take over cities, etc. a WS bought up a lot of property in the small rural North Dakota town of Lieth with the intent of inviting other WS there.  The plan was for more WS to move there, use their numbers to dominate local elections, and get into leadership positions.

Fortunately, he was too overt about his intentions (and stupid) so the locals and state were able to oust them.  But even that little bit was scary.  I shudder to think what it would be like if he'd been successful.

Weapons caches around Charlotte suggest a more violent, faster takeover (to what end, I don't know) but I think the idea of taking over or establishing sort of WS cities or enclaves has been around for a long time.

1 minute ago, Prince of the North said:

Just to support that WS definitely want to take over cities, etc. a WS bought up a lot of property in the small rural North Dakota town of Lieth with the intent of inviting other WS there.  The plan was for more WS to move there, use their numbers to dominate local elections, and get into leadership positions.

Fortunately, he was too overt about his intentions (and stupid) so the locals and state were able to oust them.  But even that little bit was scary.  I shudder to think what it would be like if he'd been successful.

Weapons caches around Charlotte suggest a more violent, faster takeover (to what end, I don't know) but I think the idea of taking over or establishing sort of WS cities or enclaves has been around for a long time.

I remember that -- followed it closely.

I was doing research on the KKK resurgence in the 1900's back then, and how it worked out in North Dakota.  Which was a weird place for them to target, I'd thought since it was entirely settled by immigrants and the KKK of that period up north targeted immigrants and Roman Catholics, as African Americans were few and far between on the ground in states like ND (for reasons I have dug out of the railroad sales of their eminent domain plots in the Bonanza Farm era).  The Fargo Forum had done an excellent historical series on the KKK in ND.  One of the segments featured the huge KKK rally up by Grand Forks -- and how the citizens of the Red River Valley basically surrounded them, not allowing them any freedom of movement.  The photographs of the event were amazing. The KKK had been targeting Roman Catholic churches, and these predominately Lutheran communities also stood vigilance against the KKK burning crosses in front of them.

So much of ND has turned into romperitlerlandia, though perhaps this current shyte is reminding them of their glory days -- see the father who, in the same Fargo Forum, disowned his son who marched with the confederate nazis in Charlottesville.

17 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That was a shit plan. Charlottesville is 19% black, which is way above the national average. Apparently Nazis can't recon for shit.

52% of the residents of the Charlottesville region are descendants of antebellum enslaved.  It was, with Maryland, the prime slave breeding territiory.  So many families survived on that always to be counted on slave trader coming through every month or so.

7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I was doing research on the KKK resurgence in the 1900's back then, and how it worked out in North Dakota.  Which was a weird place for them to target, I'd thought since it was entirely settled by immigrants and the KKK of that period up north targeted immigrants and Roman Catholics, as African Americans were few and far between on the ground in states like ND (for reasons I have dug out of the railroad sales of their eminent domain plots in the Bonanza Farm era).  The Fargo Forum had done an excellent historical series on the KKK in ND.  One of the segments featured the huge KKK rally up by Grand Forks -- and how the citizens of the Red River Valley basically surrounded them, not allowing them any freedom of movement.  The photographs of the event were amazing. The KKK had been targeting Roman Catholic churches, and these predominately Lutheran communities also stood vigilance against the KKK burning crosses in front of them.

So much of ND has turned into romperitlerlandia, though perhaps this current shyte is reminding them of their glory days -- see the father who, in the same Fargo Forum, disowned his son who marched with the confederate nazis in Charlottesville.

Like was this from that incident?  Hooray for the Grannies!

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Hulkamania_zpsnogpkmhy.gif

/You sir are a REAL AMERICAN

Fight for the rights of everyman

You know, I am ignorant to all the bs that transpires on internet forums. Meaning I am not sure how to evaluate your remark.

American's have a very short history.

Problem is that people jump on bandwagons without knowing context----

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/04/0410_020410_TVmasondixon.html

https://www.britannica.com/event/Missouri-Compromise

Race relations in the USA aren't going to change with the removal of Confederate Statues.There is so much more to the short history of the USA.

As to the race relations which part do people not understand? Native people were pushed off their land by Europeans. The decedents of European people brought slavery to the shores of the now USA.

The African’s were complicit in the slave trade. That does not make the slave trade and the receivers or exporters immune from punishment. 

Our news media decides what is shown. That is a lot of power. They can incite massive turbulence. Has it been disclosed why that helicopter carrying two Virginia State Troopers crashed?

12 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Yeah, I think Cobb didn't think much more about it than he should have simply been able to come into a tiny rural town in southwest North Dakota, fulfill his plan, and no one could do anything about it or even care.  The scary thing is that it could have easily worked if he'd taken his time a bit more.  The thing he didn't count on was the opposition he'd get from the few locals.  I have to commend them.  Dealing with that mess must have sucked.

The armed "patrol" of the town was really where they finally stepped over the line.  I can't remember if that was when they got on the State Attorney General's radar or if they already were but, yeah, that was pretty much the end.  However, what if this sort of thing is tried elsewhere and it's smarter, more organized?:worried:   

Archived