US Politics: On Many Sides

Kalbear

Just now, Prince of the North said:

I think it was!  Thanks for the reminder.  They were awesome!

They look it too.  My understanding is this pix was taken right before they burned that flag.  Good for them.       :cheers:

4 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

You know, I am ignorant to all the bs that transpires on internet forums. Meaning I am not sure how to evaluate your remark.

American's have a very short history.

Problem is that people jump on bandwagons without knowing context----

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/04/0410_020410_TVmasondixon.html

https://www.britannica.com/event/Missouri-Compromise

Race relations in the USA aren't going to change with the removal of Confederate Statues.There is so much more to the short history of the USA.

As to the race relations which part do people not understand? Native people were pushed off their land by Europeans. The decedents of European people brought slavery to the shores of the now USA.

The African’s were complicit in the slave trade. That does not make the slave trade and the receivers or exporters immune from punishment. 

Our news media decides what is shown. That is a lot of power. They can incite massive turbulence. Has it been disclosed why that helicopter carrying two Virginia State Troopers crashed?

Dude, you are all over the fucking map. This is like some sort of stream of consciousness commentary here.

The Native American Genocide was horrific, no doubt. It is arguably the most effective genocide in modern history. I'm not sure the connection you are trying to make between it and American Slavery and the White Power Movement. The first two have past, that is universally understood. It's an inane point to make, especially repeatedly. 

I think your posts would benefit by a narrowed scope. Whatever it is you are trying to say about The Native American Genocide as it applies to Charlottesville, for example. What is the comparison you are trying to make between those two things? Should we be using smallpox to wipe out the neo-nazis? Perhaps we could all sit together in a some sort of purifying peyote ritual? 

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Dude, you are all over the fucking map. This is like some sort of stream of consciousness commentary here.

The Native American Genocide was horrific, no doubt. It is arguably the most effective genocide in modern history. I'm not sure the connection you are trying to make between it and American Slavery and the White Power Movement. The first two have past, that is universally understood. It's an inane point to make, especially repeatedly. 

I think your posts would benefit by a narrowed scope. Whatever it is you are trying to say about The Native American Genocide as it applies to Charlottesville, for example. What is the comparison you are trying to make between those two things? Should we be using smallpox to wipe out the neo-nazis? Perhaps we could all sit together in a some sort of purifying peyote ritual? 

Glad that someone picked up on the plight of the native american. History ain't all about the black.

Before ?Americans embraced the slave trade they pushed the native population off their land.

Yes, it would be cool if we could all sit together in some sort of purifying peyote ritual.

28 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Now you're starting to make sense. I'm in. Slap together a petition and I'll be the first to sign it.

Has it been disclosed why that chopper with two state troopers crashed? That was the news, right.

1 minute ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Has it been disclosed why that chopper with two state troopers crashed? That was the news, right.

Looks like the helicopter in question had a spotty maintenance history. Near as I can tell, the authorities haven't released an official reason yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/08/15/helicopter-involved-in-charlottesville-crash-was-involved-in-previous-incident/?utm_term=.2b96c7ba8fe3

9 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

To @r'hllor's red lobster, regarding your last question to me (It won't let me quote you due to the thread being closed)

"how would it have looked without antifa demonstrators?"

After reading the article I posted above, I have to agree with your point. 

all differences aside, glad to hear it.

Well given the context I saw the weapons caches compared to was the Rwandan genocide, only it was machetes in those cases not guns, I don't think its a specifically American thing. I took it to be stockpile of weapons, ammunition and body armour that were generally accessible to these nazis to gear up rather than having to have their own personal armoury on hand. Have a communication channel broadcasting these locations, near instant militia.

Added link to twitter thread

10 hours ago, Fez said:

Important thing to remember about the Nazi guy,

He was a very different guy four years ago. He certainly put on a tough act for that Vice doc; but someone who's been a Nazi for less than four years, maybe hasn't actually had to deal with law enforcement before now.

Apparently, I assume surprising no-one, he was also quite active in the MRA/red pill movement.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2017/08/15/neo-nazi-who-says-heather-heyers-murder-was-justified-used-to-write-for-a-voice-for-men/

To longtime readers of this blog, the name Christopher Cantwell may sound vaguely familiar. That’s because only a couple of years ago Cantwell was a regular contributor to the flagship Men’s Rights site A Voice for Men — where he offered his opinions on such subjects as Elliot Rodger, IQ, and “Rape accusation culture.”

I didn’t write much about Cantwell at the time, though I did point out on one occasion that he was roaming around Twitter telling people to kill themselves in an assortment of gruesome ways. AVFM founder Paul Elam responded to my post on Cantwell by offering excuses for his harassment — and telling me to kill myself.

4 hours ago, karaddin said:

Well given the context I saw the weapons caches compared to was the Rwandan genocide, only it was machetes in those cases not guns, I don't think its a specifically American thing. I took it to be stockpile of weapons, ammunition and body armour that were generally accessible to these nazis to gear up rather than having to have their own personal armoury on hand. Have a communication channel broadcasting these locations, near instant militia.

Added link to twitter thread

I think we need a calm reality check on this first.

• Who is reporting this, exactly? I see reference to the governor, but apparently police has shot down the story. So who's right about this?
  • Do we really believe that this was a "test run for a takeover of a city"? My gut feeling tells me we're ascribing a bit too much organizational coherence to the rally and the people behind it. Even if someone hid weapons somewhere, the idea that a bunch of people were in on it without police or the feds catching on seems dubious. Everything in the planning, execution and aftermath of the rally says "total chaos" to me, and the people who participated are a really fractioned bunch.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:55 PM, Sword of Doom said:

This is fitting given the conversations that are going on. 

Yeah, watching these guys defend the Confederacy with “Lost Cause” theories is truly maddening.

And every lost causer needs to be taken out to the woodshed.

The intellectual flim flammery by these guys is truly maddening.

Shit Like:

“But, but, but, Lincoln said the war was about preserving the Union, not getting rid of slavery!!”

Fine, Lincoln probably wouldn’t have invaded the South. But, that isn’t the issue. The issue is what the planter class, along with the region they dominated, was willing to do. And it’s crystal clear they were willing to go to war.

Or:

“But, but, it was about tariffs!!”. 

Well, the reason the South disliked tariffs had to do with the nature with their slave owning system. So, it gets back to slavery.

“It was about independence and preserving freedoms!!”

Interesting enough, a lot of libertarian types (like this goober. And it’s just another reason I have very bad attitude with regard to so called libertarians.) have decided to glorify the South. And the thing is many libertarians claim to believe in natural law theories. And what could be a bigger violation of natural law, than slavery? I don’t think there is any. Accordingly any law which supports slavery is null and void by natural law principles. I’m not against natural law theory, though I don’t know where it’s boundaries lie. Though, one thing, I know for damn sure, is that slavery is within those boundaries.

And for me, the issue isn’t even the fact that South rebelled, as I’m not against all forms of rebellion. It’s that they rebelled for a horrible reason, about the worst one imaginable.

These lost causers have no intellectual leg to stand on. None. They continue to try to obfuscate the issue by bring up a host of irrelevant facts and “reasons”. They are basically are doing, “looky there fire!!!!” in order to divert everyone’s attention away from the main issue.

Lost cause theory has been allowed to persist in this country for far too long. It’s time that lost causers start getting creamed on this stuff.

Question for today:

Just how morally reprehensible does something have to become before CEOs say, “That’s just too much, even for tax cuts!!”.

Evidently, it’s Nazism.

That’s a pretty low bar there. Guess it’s better than nuthin’.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/17/corporate-america-has-drawn-its-red-line-pandering-to-nazis-isnt-worth-a-tax-cut/

CEOs will do anything for a tax cut, but they won't coddle Nazis.

That's true even of Blackstone Group Chief Executive Officer and co-founder Stephen Schwarzman, who, as we'll get to in a minute, has said some tone-deaf things about Nazis as recently as two days ago. But despite that, he and every other business leader on President Trump's Strategic and Policy Forum decided to disband the council in response to Trump's insistence that there were some “very fine people” at the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville last week.

Today in Sorry Ass Conservatism. Blame Obama. Yep, this alt right/Nazi stuff isn’t a problem conservatives have to deal with, it’s Obama’s fault.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/15/16148144/alabama-conservatives-on-charlottesville

Several Alabama voters blame President Barack Obama for the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville this weekend because, they say, he sowed division in American politics.

Attendees at a rally for Rep. Mo Brooks, a conservative House Republican running for Senate, in Decatur on Monday said they were confident that philanthropist George Soros was bankrolling both sides of this weekend's violent clashes.

At this point, it’s very hard for me not to flick the bird in conservative sorts of people’s general direction.

10 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Trump said Heather Heyer's mother praised him for his comments, she has some feelings after seeing Trumps presser

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/susan-bro-donald-trump_us_5996d403e4b0a2608a6bb80d

Now we wait to see if Trump will attack the mother of a victim of domestic terrorism, because that is a thing that seems plausible in 2017.

Yeah, I'd say she's pissed.

Archived