US Politics: On Many Sides

Kalbear

20 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Today in Sorry Ass Conservatism. Blame Obama. Yep, this alt right/Nazi stuff isn’t a problem conservatives have to deal with, it’s Obama’s fault.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/15/16148144/alabama-conservatives-on-charlottesville

Several Alabama voters blame President Barack Obama for the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville this weekend because, they say, he sowed division in American politics.

Attendees at a rally for Rep. Mo Brooks, a conservative House Republican running for Senate, in Decatur on Monday said they were confident that philanthropist George Soros was bankrolling both sides of this weekend's violent clashes.

At this point, it’s very hard for me not to flick the bird in conservative sorts of people’s general direction.

George Soros, the famous Jew, supporting Nazi's?  What's wrong with this delusion? 

:bang:

11 hours ago, karaddin said:

Fez - you say he used to be a Paulite and came to Nazism via Bernie, but he's been a MRA for some time, he was a contributor at A Voice for Men, and that's been the fucking breeding ground for so much of this shit, so I'm...not so convinced that this is an 11th hour conversion. He may be genuinely inept at dealing with law enforcement sure, but while there has been a lot of poor execution if there is one thing that the far right has been dedicated to over the last decade its commitment to psychological war. They're the ones that are constantly gaming out false flag attacks, making sock puppets to use, smothering social media and comment sections in propaganda, editing wikipedia to suit their narrative. A lot of this does nothing, but over time this shit adds up, and it speaks to what they are trying to do. Don't underestimate their motivation. I'm not talking up their skill though.

Oh I'm definitely not saying he used to be a nice guy (well, actually... I bet he definitely called himself a "nice guy"), just that the kind of shit he used to be involved with wasn't the kind of thing that generally gets the attention of law enforcement. Going from being an MRA internet warrior fuckwad to a marching-in-public Nazi is a leap up in attention from authorities, and I could definitely see someone realize that all of a sudden they are facing potential consequences that they never did before. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:55 AM, Nasty LongRider said:

George Soros, the famous Jew, supporting Nazi's?  What's wrong with this delusion? 

Yeah, I think a lot of conservatives would like to believe they have nothing to do with our current situation.

They want to play this game of “Golly, how did these Alt right cretins get into our ranks! We just don’t understand!! It has to be Obama or Soros!!!”

But, they shouldn’t be let off the hook. Conservatism has been getting crazier and crazier, putting us in the spot we are in today. And it’s time they be made to own up to it.

I am over Republicans gaining the easy moral high ground by wagging a finger at Trump. There is rot deep in their party going back decades, they have a race problem. "We're the party of Lincoln!" and "WE were never the KKK party!" are meaningless platitudes. The Democrats should not be allowed to forget their past and they do sometimes take minority votes for granted, to be sure, but the Republican's moral fortitude has long since deteriorated. The parties have flipped, the Rs own the South and all of the attendant Civil War resentment and mythologizing that comes with it, every individual Republican is not a racist, but the party has more than enough problematic policies and platforms.

On the one hand, they say they need to expand their base, to not become a monolithic white party. Yet, they bristle at any notion that they support inequality. Rather than listening when black people criticize them, they write off these complaints and accuse Dems of stoking racial anger.

Donald Trump is a sympton of disease, not an alien parasite. He is the terminal stage of illness. The syphilis has moved beyond crotch rot and infected the brain.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:11 AM, Morpheus said:

"We're the party of Lincoln!" and "WE were never the KKK party!" are meaningless platitudes. The Democrats should not be allowed to forget their past and they do sometimes take minority votes for granted, to be sure, but the Republican's moral fortitude has long since deteriorated. The parties have flipped, the Rs own the South and all of the attendant Civil War resentment and mythologizing that comes with it, every individual Republican is not a racist, but the party has more than enough problematic policies and platforms.

Everyone that is reasonably educated or knowledgeable knows about the Democratic Party’s past.

And most of them learn about it when they relatively young.

Except for white Republican guys that seem to learn about it in their 40s or 50s.

It’s like dumb ass Ron Paul asking those African American college students, a few years back, “Did ya know about the Democratic Party’s past?”

They knew. They were well aware of it. And they told Paul so. 

It’s only a big surprise to white Republican guys, who don’t understand concepts like re-aligning elections.

This is nothing but conservatives grasping for straws.

I'm just gonna leave this here without further comment.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/17/watch-cnn-commentator-calls-for-the-removal-of-washington-and-jefferson-statues/

Angela Rye, CNN political commentator and former executive director of the Congressional Black Caucus, told CNN’s Kate Bolduan on Thursday that she believes statues and monuments of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson also need to be removed in addition to the Confederate monuments.

3 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Good ol' Democrats, always trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Schumer at least has been trying to focus on the Nazi and hate groups issue and not any statues at all; but I don't think he's been getting much traction. And House Democrats definitely aren't paying attention to him (seems like Senate Democrats mostly are though; other than Cory Booker).

2 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Obama sowed division by being black, period.  How dare he occupy the White House?

How dare African Americans drive cars, walk the streets -- HOW THE EFF DARE THEY SHOW THEMSELVES AT ALL?  They must not exist, deport and / or kill.

This is how it is to be black in this country all the time because this scum is everywhere and one of them any old time is going to act on that.  

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I am over Republicans gaining the easy moral high ground by wagging a finger at Trump. There is rot deep in their party going back decades, they have a race problem. "We're the party of Lincoln!" and "WE were never the KKK party!" are meaningless platitudes. The Democrats should not be allowed to forget their past and they do sometimes take minority votes for granted, to be sure, but the Republican's moral fortitude has long since deteriorated. The parties have flipped, the Rs own the South and all of the attendant Civil War resentment and mythologizing that comes with it, every individual Republican is not a racist, but the party has more than enough problematic policies and platforms.

On the one hand, they say they need to expand their base, to not become a monolithic white party. Yet, they bristle at any notion that they support inequality. Rather than listening when black people criticize them, they write off these complaints and accuse Dems of stoking racial anger.

Donald Trump is a sympton of disease, not an alien parasite. He is the terminal stage of illness. The syphilis has moved beyond crotch rot and infected the brain.

And the Dems just won't accept that their base is African Americans and other 'others.'  They still want to believe they are the party of the white working male.  What they are now is the party of nobody except those of them who are already in office.  They are morally, ethically and intellectually bankrupt.

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Obama sowed division by being black, period.  How dare he occupy the White House?

How dare African Americans drive cars, walk the streets -- HOW THE EFF DARE THEY SHOW THEMSELVES AT ALL?  They must not exist, deport and / or kill.

This is how it is to be black in this country all the time because this scum is everywhere and one of them any old time is going to act on that.  

Slightly overstating it ..

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

And the Dems just won't accept that their base is African Americans and other 'others.'  They still want to believe they are the party of the white working male.  What they are now is the party of nobody except those of them who are already in office.  They are morally, ethically and intellectually bankrupt.

Oh definitely. It is worrying that the lesson they seem to have learned from 2016 is that they have to drop "identity politics" and refocus on rural whites. 

8 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Watch the Vice video and you see otherwise.

I'm sure there are extreme minorities like in that video that think like that. There are crazy people everywhere. 

I think there is a subtler version of what you said however that would extend to a wider proportion of the population, which is more about being angry about immigration and having opinions on racial issues that they feel they simply would never be allowed to voice. 

10 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'm sure there are extreme minorities like in that video that think like that. There are crazy people everywhere. 

I think there is a subtler version of what you said however that would extend to a wider proportion of the population, which is more about being angry about immigration and having opinions on racial issues that they feel they simply would never be allowed to voice. 

They are allowed to voice them. Their rally was permitted. The POTUS has just given them carte blanche. Those opinions are widespread and continue poisoning the well.

I'll also add that those far-too-often-articulated opinions about the a priori assumed inferiority of nonwhites (what else do you want to call their opinions on racial issues?) are the ideological breeding ground for the exact kind of neufascists we saw in Charlottesville. Those are the people who believe in Great Replacement conspiracy theories, Elders of Zion bullshit and the Lost Cause, which was definitely not of slavery at all.

9 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

"Jews will not replace us" was one of their chants.  They're nazis.

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

Yup, democrats fail and are incompetent. Same old same old.

we have let them win by allowing the Trump framing of confederate founding fathers and United States founding fathers to be coequal.

democrats and their fucking tolerance and they can't see the godamn forest for the fucking trees.

and as a result of democrat stupidity, CSA and USA leaders are now equal partners. Fucking democrats can fuck right off. 

7 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

They are allowed to voice them. Their rally was permitted. The POTUS has just given them carte blanche. Those opinions are widespread and continue poisoning the well.

I'll also add that those far-too-often-articulated opinions about the a priori assumed inferiority of nonwhites (what else do you want to call their opinions on racial issues?) are the ideological breeding ground for the exact kind of neufascists we saw in Charlottesville. Those are the people who believe in Great Replacement conspiracy theories, Elders of Zion bullshit and the Lost Cause, which was definitely not of slavery at all.

I'm talking about a much more widespread view on issues that has nothing to do with the Nazi's. Views that there is too much immigration, that white / european history and culture is being lost and replaced, far more conservative viewpoints on racial incidents such as ferguson. You don't have to be a nazi to hold these views, and it doesn't make you incorrect either.

Archived