Edric Storm

BBBaratheon

Do you think the story line in the show currently being played out by Gendry will be Edric Storm in the novels? That is, if the show is using a plot line that was given to them by GRRM. Edric is the one that was protected by Davos in the books and at 12 he had all the makings of growing into a Herculean Baratheon, idolized his father, and already had a rendered children't version of Robert's giant war-hammer. In his interaction he also seemed to possess Robert's overpowering charisma. It's obvious the show has combined him and Gendry for simplicity but the show is using more of the story elements of Edric then Gendry.

Hey @BBBaratheon good question but it belongs in the tv show forum.  References to the show are strictly forbidden here and often get moved or taken down by the moderators.  Just giving you a heads up.  To answer your question, however...

Spoiler

I think it is possible that Edric is installed as the head of a new Baratheon house by whomever is on the iron throne at the end, while Gendry helps fight the WW during the battle for dawn.

I’m inclined to agree with Edric being part of Martin’s Storm’s End plot.

As to Edric’s location I tend to go with Davos’ thoughts rather than the appendix.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos II       Davos was a simple man, raised up by chance and war and Stannis. He did not understand why the gods would take four lads as young and strong as his sons, yet spare their weary father. Some nights he thought he had been left to rescue Edric Storm … but by now King Robert's bastard boy was safe in the Stepstones, yet Davos still remained. Do the gods have some other task for me? he wondered. If so, White Harbor may be some part of it.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos III        "Can you offer any proof of this incest, ser?" Maester Theomore asked, folding his soft hands atop his belly. Edric Storm, thought Davos, but I sent him far away across the narrow sea, to keep him safe from Melisandre's fires. "You have the word of Stannis Baratheon that all I've said is true."

But who knows – maybe the appendix is correct and Davos is wrong.

Or maybe a mistake occurred somewhere.

Like Manderly telling Davos he had a wedding to attend at WF when the lords where actually summoned to Barrowton.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos IV       He had hoped to hear Lord Wyman say, And now I shall declare for King Stannis, but instead the fat man smiled an odd, twinkling smile and said, "And now I have a wedding to attend.  <snip>  Even so, I must go to Winterfell. Roose Bolton wants me on my knees, and beneath the velvet courtesy he shows the iron mail. I shall go by barge and litter, attended by a hundred knights and my good friends from the Twins. The Freys came here by sea. They have no horses with them, so I shall present each of them with a palfrey as a guest gift. Do hosts still give guest gifts in the south?"

And according to Roose and Ramsey Manderly actually shows up at Barrowton before Roose decides to move the wedding to WF.

So I dunna know.  Davos thinks Edric & his protectors headed to Stepstones. Appendix says Edric is on Lys.

Maybe A JonCon chapter got moved around and that's why the appendix says Edric is at Lys.

I do think Edric is going to play a part at Storms End.

Archived