Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angel Eyes

Now, I understand this from a writing and pacing perspective, but...

4 posts in this topic

Why did Robb bring Talisa to the Twins? Since she's the lady that Robb rejected the Freys for, wouldn't it make sense to leave her at home and not risk tensions by bringing her? Plus, Robb shouldn't want to risk his unborn child (which bloody happened). 

Now as I said, I understand this from a writing perspective, since we can't have somebody 15+ years down the road going 

"Hello, my name is Eddard Stark. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I doubt many people are discussing season 3 any more - that might be why you didn't get any replies! Your name/picture just caught my eye so I thought I'd click.

Honestly I can't remember if the logic is discussed in the show. In the books, Jeyne (she's Jeyne in the books) doesn't go to the Twins because Robb doesn't want to rub it in any more than necessary. But there's no real way for him to win, because not bringing his wife could also been taken as a bit of an insult. I suspect that would be the justification: If Robb didn't take Talisa, it would look like he didn't consider the Freys and their castle good enough for her. Officially, at least, he is honouring them by bringing his queen to visit them.