Now, I understand this from a writing and pacing perspective, but...

Why did Robb bring Talisa to the Twins? Since she's the lady that Robb rejected the Freys for, wouldn't it make sense to leave her at home and not risk tensions by bringing her? Plus, Robb shouldn't want to risk his unborn child (which bloody happened). 

Now as I said, I understand this from a writing perspective, since we can't have somebody 15+ years down the road going 

"Hello, my name is Eddard Stark. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I doubt many people are discussing season 3 any more - that might be why you didn't get any replies! Your name/picture just caught my eye so I thought I'd click.

Honestly I can't remember if the logic is discussed in the show. In the books, Jeyne (she's Jeyne in the books) doesn't go to the Twins because Robb doesn't want to rub it in any more than necessary. But there's no real way for him to win, because not bringing his wife could also been taken as a bit of an insult. I suspect that would be the justification: If Robb didn't take Talisa, it would look like he didn't consider the Freys and their castle good enough for her. Officially, at least, he is honouring them by bringing his queen to visit them.

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2017 at 6:22 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Why did Robb bring Talisa to the Twins? Since she's the lady that Robb rejected the Freys for, wouldn't it make sense to leave her at home and not risk tensions by bringing her? Plus, Robb shouldn't want to risk his unborn child (which bloody happened). 

Now as I said, I understand this from a writing perspective, since we can't have somebody 15+ years down the road going 

"Hello, my name is Eddard Stark. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Robb had no reason to believe anything would go wrong at this point, not least because of guest right. He probably wanted to pull out all the stops at this wedding so he could still convince Walder Frey that he was a valued ally after he'd messed everything up.

From a narrative standpoint, the reason they had Talisa go is clear that they wanted to the emotional impact of watching a pregnant woman die and, thus, the hope of the aforementioned fifteen-years-later Robb's son is back for revenge. In the books, Jeyne has been given tinctures every day by her mother to render her infertile so there is no chance of her being pregnant because of the Westerlings - chiefly Sibal but still - were double-crossing Robb, unbeknownst to Jeyne.

Archived