u.s. politics: faygo to the polls

all swedes are racist

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

They are condemned by their malevolent politics to forever be a fringe group. They can never come to power here in the states because there are  way too many people who hate and oppose them and know them for what they truly are. 

1. You completely ignored the very real threat and fear that poster (and millions of other people) fear.

2. Sometimes the numbers in opposition matters very little.  ISIS is despised in great numbers but they still control large territories.  Power comes in many different forms.  The nazis might have been a fringe group once before, but they now have a pseudo leader occupying the white house.  They have declared Trump their leader and Trump has done almost nothing to disavow that.  In fact, he's gone far out of his way to not disavow.  

If simply having malevolent politics was enough to stop bad people, there would never be misery and war.  That's a naive and foolish idea. 

24 minutes ago, Inigima said:

I've wondered since the election if I would need to flee the country for my own safety because of neo-Nazis and their ilk. This is not theoretical for me or for millions of other people. I think a lot of you still regard Nazis as an abstract thing, a concept of evil to be reckoned with rhetorically. They are not. They are a real physical force, they are alarmingly powerful all the way up to the most powerful office in the country and maybe the world, and they want me dead.

I'm glad people are out there punching Nazis. The instant they think they can, they will do a lot worse than that to people like me. And people like you will let them. So spare me your platitudes.

Just wanted to let you know that I hear you, Ini. I have no time for the spineless shitheads either, because history has shown multiple times that when it comes right down to it, they'll just stand aside as people like you and me are slaughtered and then they'll retroactively justify their inaction in their own heads by saying we somehow brought it on ourselves by being "too Jewish" or "too gay."

16 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

They are condemned by their malevolent politics to forever be a fringe group. They can never come to power here in the states because there are  way too many people who hate and oppose them and know them for what they truly are. 

It can't happen HERE! 

Except it has happened here, in various ways to various people, particularly African Americans.

12 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Just wanted to let you know that I hear you, Ini. I have no time for the spineless shitheads either, because history has shown multiple times that when it comes right down to it, they'll just stand aside as people like you and me are slaughtered and then they'll retroactively justify their inaction in their own heads by saying we somehow brought it on ourselves by being "too Jewish" or "too gay."

I have to imagine that afterwards those shitheads will still be arguing that the genocide or whatever it is that happens was just free speech and they feel all moral and shit for not defending anyone since it would have required a bit of violence. 

51 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

You've been talking out of your ass all day. First on health care, then on the last 25 years of partisan politics, and now on the very real threat of Nazis. Maybe you ought to get yourself a can of Shut Your Ignorant Fucking Face Up and nurse it for a bit, at least until you've learned enough to crawl out of your own asshole.

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You've been talking out of your ass all day. First on health care, then on the last 25 years of partisan politics, and now on the very real threat of Nazis. Maybe you ought to get yourself a can of Shut Your Ignorant Fucking Face Up and nurse it for a bit, at least until you've learned enough to crawl out of your own asshole.

Your very polite.

9 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Your very polite.

You were very polite when you were not giving a shit about faceless kids with cancer, or failing to know a fucking thing about the partisan divide in this country, or while proclaiming your Pollyanna-ish faith that Good Guys will defeat Bad Guys at the end of the movie. Politeness is overrated, especially when accompanied by ignorance and naivete.

I'm gathering you're not from a demographic group that is targeted by our President-endorsed Neo-Nazi infestation. Every day must be Saturday when you're this fucking ignorant.

But go on and tell us what Orwell would make of this. I'm sure you've got some fresh platitudes ready and are just bursting to pull them out of your asshole and shove under our noses while you praise the stink.

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You were very polite when you were not giving a shit about faceless kids with cancer, or failing to know a fucking thing about the partisan divide in this country, or while proclaiming your Pollyanna-ish faith that Good Guys will defeat Bad Guys at the end of the movie. Politeness is overrated, especially when accompanied by ignorance and naivete.

I'm gathering you're not from a demographic group that is targeted by our President-endorsed Neo-Nazi infestation. Every day must be Saturday when you're this fucking ignorant.

But go on and tell us what Orwell would make of this. I'm sure you'e got ideas and are just bursting to pull them out of your asshole and Ishove under our noses while you praise the stink.

You seem rather upset .

A well-known anti-semite had the ear of the national donkey for over a year. And that's with donkey's precious daughter converting to and marrying one of that faith. So what did you expect to happen here? *

*Not directed at Ini or Xray. I needed more wine than usual to get through GoT. Anyways, directed to the 'these are fringe elements' folks. The fuck they are. 

57 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I also don't trust them not to sell people out to save their own asses.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I have to imagine that afterwards those shitheads will still be arguing that the genocide or whatever it is that happens was just free speech and they feel all moral and shit for not defending anyone since it would have required a bit of violence. 

Who knows with their kind.

4 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

Sure we aren't at 1940's Germany yet. It's more like 1933 Germany.

Yea, I love how manhole ignores how Nazis got into power and ignores how normalization from people like him was also a key factor in it happening.

1 hour ago, Inigima said:

I've wondered since the election if I would need to flee the country for my own safety because of neo-Nazis and their ilk. This is not theoretical for me or for millions of other people. I think a lot of you still regard Nazis as an abstract thing, a concept of evil to be reckoned with rhetorically. They are not. They are a real physical force, they are alarmingly powerful all the way up to the most powerful office in the country and maybe the world, and they want me dead.

I'm glad people are out there punching Nazis. The instant they think they can, they will do a lot worse than that to people like me. And people like you will let them. So spare me your platitudes.

I am for violence against nazis. I am also for doxxing them and outing them. I want them to live in constant fear and fear preaching their bigoted and genocidal rhetoric.

9 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

I also don't trust them not to sell people out to save their own asses.

Who knows with their kind.

Yea, I love how manhole ignores how Nazis got into power and ignores how normalization from people like him was also a key factor in it happening.

I am for violence against nazis. I am also for doxxing them and outing them. I want them to live in constant fear and fear preaching their bigoted and genocidal rhetoric.

By preaching violence against them  how are you any better then they are ? 

4 hours ago, Rippounet said:

That's one way of looking at it. I personally find it difficult to believe affirmative action has much impact these days. In my opinion, the Supreme Court decisions have gutted it at university levelf for instance.

The Supreme Court has thus far refrained from eliminating affirmative action at universities -- they got rid of quotas a while back, but the recent cases have preserved the status quo. However, the issue is not so much at the university level as at the corporate one and the buzzword there is not affirmative action, but "diversity".

4 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Depends what we're talking about. It's very easy to show that schools in predominantly black neighborhoods are underfunded for instance. Of course, you might say that there are numerous factors leading to that, but those are exactly what affirmative action is supposed to compensate for.

American schools are typically funded by local property taxes so schools in all poor neighborhoods (not just those which are predominantly of one race) will have less money than those in average or wealthy neighborhoods. It would be different if the discrimination was based on income, but as it stands, the main beneficiaries are people who are already reasonably well off (the truly poor ones have no chance even with the edge).

5 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Uh. Deportations have affected a huge number of Americans.

Sure, but this is simply enforcement of the law and has nothing to do with the far-right. In fact, the deportation rate is slower under Trump than it was under Obama.

Really? You haven't heard about the US currently renegotiating NAFTA with Canada?

No. In any case, there's not much to be gained there.

Uh. How about cutting taxes for the wealthy -again?

Only Congress can lower or raise taxes and they haven't done that yet during the Trump administration. We'll see.

6 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

By preaching violence against them  how are you any better then they are ? 

I guess the difference would be one side preaches genocide of Jews, black people, LGBTQ people, and other marginalized people... and the other side says we should use violence to prevent them from doing so? Like, what's the difference between Nazis and the American soldiers who fought them? Just flags, amirite?

This isn't a hard fucking question, but the fact that you asked it like some kind of devastating mic drop illustrates how thirsty you should be for that can of Shut the Fuck Up.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

I guess the difference would be one side preaches genocide of Jews, black people, LGBTQ people, and other powerless people... and the other side says we should use violence to prevent them from doing so? Like, what's the difference between Nazis and the American soldiers who fought them? Just flags, amirite?

This isn't a hard fucking question, but the fact that you asked it like some kind of devastating mic drop illustrates how thirsty you should be for that can of Shut the Fuck Up.

Still upset about something ? 

Archived