Fantasy Football: Westeros Warpups Invitational

Jace, Extat

5 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I can do either Monday or 12 30.  Wtf yahoo?  The time setting is for pacific time- is there a possibility that changing your default time zone will allow us to start sooner?

I tried, no dice. If you guys can hold off till Monday I'd love to not have autojax.

Unlike snake drafts, an autodraft in an auction draft usually works horribly.  If no values are preset, the bot will bid really high for players, meaning that you need to run the bot out of money before anyone else can get a player.  The autodrafter usually will usually end up blowing most of their budget on a handful of players, leaving them only able to bid $1 for each of the remaining positions on their roster.

Might be OK with just one bot, but if there are more than one, the bots bidding against each other usually results in disaster for the autodrafters.

7 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Unlike snake drafts, an autodraft in an auction draft usually works horribly.  If no values are preset, the bot will bid really high for players, meaning that you need to run the bot out of money before anyone else can get a player.  The autodrafter usually will usually end up blowing most of their budget on a handful of players, leaving them only able to bid $1 for each of the remaining positions on their roster.

Might be OK with just one bot, but if there are more than one, the bots bidding against each other usually results in disaster for the autodrafters.

Yeah, I get that. I've done enough mocks now to see that autodraft is an extremely poor option for auction. I just think before we jump into a switch, we should try to determine if we're going to get more folks tonight, or on Monday.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I get that. I've done enough mocks now to see that autodraft is an extremely poor option for auction. I just think before we jump into a switch, we should try to determine if we're going to get more folks tonight, or on Monday.

Yeah, that makes sense.  But I'm not sure that we're going to have everyone chime in here tonight.  If not, we probably won't know how many people are going to show up tonight until we start the draft.

Monday at 6 pst is experts - earlier would be tough - and I'm not available tomorrow. Would prefer tonight but understand if the decision is to move it to Monday. 

Archived