Daenerys will rule Westeros in the end of the story.

X-Buster

On 8/19/2017 at 8:50 PM, E.S. Dinah said:

Daenerys Targaryen will become the second ruling queen of Westeros after she takes the Iron Throne.  She is the person who is best fit to rule and reform the kingdom. 

1. Daenerys always finds a way to win.  She was forced to marry Khal Drogo and turned that to her advantage.  Where most women would wilt away, Daenerys won Drogo's respect.  She was badly outnumbered and yet she found a way to free the Unsullied from their Astapori masters.  She took Yunkai without a siege and won the Second Sons (Storm Crows in the text) over to her side.  She defeated the masters and took their ships.
  2. Dany has proven herself capable of bettering the lives of people.  Like many, many fans have posted on this very forum, millions of people in the East now enjoy freedom because of Daenerys Targaryen.  She dismantled the slave trade and made sure no one in the future will ever be enslaved again.  Part of making that happen required taking complete control of the Dothraki by getting rid of the khals, the source of most of the slaves.
  3. Daenerys has a regal bearing.  It's been said more than a few times by more than a few people.  Daenerys has the elegance and the bearing of a monarch.  I have now watched every episode of the show, an exercise that took up many hours, and I do not recall a single scene in which Daenerys utters a profanity of any kind.  Whereas most of the characters regularly drop the f-bomb, shit, and the c-word, Daenerys always chooses intelligent words to express herself.  She always carries herself with dignity.  Just watching that scene right before she executed the Tarlys was like watching a God delivering judgment.  It just felt right.  It was right and it was the right decision to handle someone like Randyll Tarly and his son.
  4. Daenerys' story is a parallel to that of her great ancestor, Aegon the Conqueror.  Aegon gave people the same choice.  Bend the knee or die.  A few minor but arrogant kings, like Durandon, Hoare, and Gardener had to die before Westeros bent its knees and became all the better for it.  You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. 
  5. Daenerys knows how to seize the moment.  She took advantage of the cult of R'hllor to help bring peace and hope to Meereen.  While not a religious person herself (which is a good thing), she knows the value of religion and belief.  She uses them to her advantage, like any capable ruler should.  Like any capable politician should.
  6. I liked that topic thread crediting Dany's public speaking skills.  She is the best orator among the main characters.  Her keen intelligence and timing enhance her considerable communications skills. 
  7. Daenerys has travelled the Free Cities.  She can speak many different language, from the Common Tongue, to High Valyrian, to Dothraki.  She is a very knowledgeable person.  In a land whose idea of a "formal education" is having been spoon fed by the Maesters, Dany has traveled widely and actually gained real world experience. 
  8. Daenerys looks like a Targaryen.  She has those physical traits that are uniquely Valyrian.  She has awakened dragons from stone.  She is Azor Ahai.  She is the Mother of Dragons.  Her identity cannot be disputed nor questioned by anyone. 

I wrote this partly in response to the many fans' concerns about too much fan service and how it may affect the ending.  While I can agree that there is a lot of fan service on the show.  That is true.  However, I also believe that the show and the books will reach the same conclusion:  Daenerys Targaryen on the throne and ruling Westeros.  No other ending would make any sense. 

The writing on the show can get lazy at times and too many shortcuts just to force a scene to happen.  Case in point:  Gilly finding that passage regarding Rhaegar's annulment.  It's blatantly contrived.   I believe that they ad lib on the smaller parts but the ending of book and show will agree. 

4 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Dany is the most capable among the candidates.   Breaking the Wheel means empowering the common folk and the best way to do this is to give them the right to own land and property.  Daenerys will use the same philosophy that she used to help the slaves in the east.  Those former slaves now have more liberty, can own property, and enjoy more rights than the small folk of Westeros.  Consider how monumental of a change that was.  The former slaves of slaver's bay are now better off than the commoners of Westeros.  Meereen is strong and the economy has expanded by allowing more people and more classes to own wealth-building property.  All that, thanks to Daenerys and her dragons.  That is the single greatest reform that we know of in the story.  

Obviously, Dany will have to be in a position of strength to put these changes in place and it will take time.  It took a long time in Meereen.  There will be resistance but the end will justify the means because it will greatly benefit more than it will hurt.  The lords and the ladies of Westeros will have to give up some of their lands and they will have to compete for business with their former serving men and women.  The Iron Bank will have new opportunities when this new economy expands.  Those new businesses will need loans to get capital.  The reform will take a long time but only Daenerys can do it.  That is the reason why Daenerys will survive.  She has a vision and she still has a major role to play in the future.  

Excellent posts.  The great majority of people in the former Slaver's Bay are much better off now than they were before Daenerys Stormborn came to town.  They're even better off now than the current common people in Westeros.  Objective evidence.  It is a fact that Daenerys improved the lives of many people when she took down the slave trade.  Given that track record of success at making positive changes to improve lives, Dany is my pick to rule Westeros. 

6 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

I don't think Dany, or Jon, will ever sit on the Iron Throne (either literally or metaphorically).

Agreed.

6 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I want to get in on this with you Samwell, no way Dany ends up ruling at the end. 

Yeah as soon as I can get a ball park figure I'll get you involved.... :P

A couple of things we can apply to this in understanding how GRRM brain works....

1. Dont expect the obvious.... it seems pretty obvious that Daenerys or Jon would rule ???
  2. Good and Evil are not always who they seem...... GRRM quoted ''a villain is the hero of the other side...''
  3. Hierarchy is basically fucked.

So to  conclude, it would be an obvious choice to have Daenerys or Jon rule so therefore we cant expect it. Them who we portray as evil may not be i.e white walkers. The ruling system in place is pretty bad. So wont it make more sense from GRRM perspective that the Iron Throne wa destroyed and no one ruled the Seven Kingdoms ecspecially Jon or Daenerys.........

17 hours ago, falcotron said:

What facts?

Where do they tell us, or show us, that people can now own property?

And what other rights do they have that the people of Westeros don't? They seem to be subjects of an absolute monarch, with no recourse to judgment by any law but her whim, no say in their own governance except the chance to petition her, no guarantee of human rights, etc. The only right I can see that they have that Westerosi smallfolk don't is the right to sell themselves back into slavery for one year at a time.

Meanwhile, forgetting about rights, are their daily lives better? I mean, they asked to sell themselves back into slavery for a reason, not because they think slavery is neato-keen in principle. The prostitutes and beggars we see don't seem any better off than the ones in King's Landing, even the merchants (most of whom are former slavers, as far as we know) don't seem any better off than in KL, and there seem to be more people working (or, more likely, enslaved for a year at a time) as servants. And that's before the end of S5, when Dany disappears for a year and, in Varys's words, the entire system breaks down, and people are starving in the streets.

And then, at the end of S6, she just takes off, charging a council to invent a new system of government with no guidance.

I think the hard lessons that Dany learned in Meereen could serve her in good stead as Queen of Westeros, if she learns from them. But pretending that there weren't any hard lessons and her reign there was an unqualified success is delusional. All I can say is, I'm glad Dany isn't as delusional as some of her fans.

You're choosing to ignore facts to support your own flawed opinion.  Daenerys liberated the former slaves and ended the slave trade.  The Free People of Meereen can now elect their own leaders and chart their own course.  They enjoy more rights than the common people of Westeros who do not get to choose their lords.  From Tyrion's own words, Meereen is strong.  All of this freedom and progress they now have, thanks to the work of Daenerys Targaryen.

16 hours ago, Wolf's Bane said:

Excellent posts.  The great majority of people in the former Slaver's Bay are much better off now than they were before Daenerys Stormborn came to town.  They're even better off now than the current common people in Westeros.  Objective evidence.  It is a fact that Daenerys improved the lives of many people when she took down the slave trade.  Given that track record of success at making positive changes to improve lives, Dany is my pick to rule Westeros. 

:agree:

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, E.S. Dinah said:

Daenerys Targaryen will become the second ruling queen of Westeros after she takes the Iron Throne.  She is the person who is best fit to rule and reform the kingdom.

There is the minor point of Azor Ahai empowering the sword of light by plunging it into his wife's chest of course. If the prophecy plays out like the original AA, someone's wife is going end up with a flaming sword in their chest. That might put a small kink in her plans for Westerosi domination since it presumably is going to be her chest the sword gets plunged into.

The final ruler is probably going to be someone we least suspect. In the real world (and the GoT universe follows real world outcomes) the good guys usually lose in the end. The story of the heroic noble ruler saving the world usually doesn't work out like that. Sure, there are plenty of people who claim that role, but usually they are the ones writing the history books and the reality was not like that at all.

Someone like Sansa is more likely to end up being the winner of the game.

Everyone that has aspired to sit on throne is dead sans three people:  Daenerys, Cersei and Petyr Baelish.  Of these three, only one can produce an heir (Dany has said she can't have children, Cersei is pregnant, but I don't see the child being born because of Maggy the Frog) and I believe Baelish is played out.  It makes no sense to put someone on the throne at the end who can't procreate a legacy.  I see none of these characters surviving to the end and so the winner of the Game of Thrones is ... No one!  I believe the seven kingdoms will go back to the time before Aegon.

The odds are pretty good Arya will kill Baelish (or Jon), I think Jamie with kill Cersei as she goes into Mad Queen mode and Jon will be Daenerys's last betrayal for love (sort of).  I think Melisandre went off to research the Azor Ahai prophecy and will return with the solution for forging a new Lightbringer.  Jon has already shown he will put duty above love (RIP Ygritte) and whatever feelings he has for Daenerys would be cast aside if it meant stopping the White Walkers.  Bitter sweet ending ... Daenerys dies ... Westeros is saved!

Oh and for the Jon will rule crowd ... not a chance.  He was a reluctant Commander of the Night's Watch, a more reluctant King in the North and there no way he would ever sit on the Iron Throne.

Game over ... everyone loses!

Archived