Is Tyrion a "Dark horse"?

DireKiwi

Why do I have the feeling there is more To Tyrion than meets the eye?

People are all looking at Daenerys and Jon lately since they are like the "Brangelina" of Westeros and all. But why do I have the impression they are trying to steer the attention away from Tyrion.?

Tyrion is as useless as Davos in battle, and seeing as Westeros has two major wars going on, this makes him a bit player in the consequential scenes the producers car about (the battles).  Plus, unlike Jon, Daenerys, and even Cersei, Tyrion does not have anyone (and especially any armies) loyal to him.

The only major roles he can play now are either betraying Daenerys, falling in love with her and being jealous, or in the epilouge when he helps rule and build Westeros after the war has been won.

There is no way he has been one of if not the thee major character on the show/books just for him to fade away into the background like he has this season and finish in the same way.

I believe he will voted to rule... Dany will be killed in the final battle be it with Cersei or the WK and following the war there will be a lot to rebuild and the first thing will be appointing a King/Queen by this point I think it will be much like the iron islands as he mentioned and he will be voted in.

Just think since season 1 the amount of big players he has crossed paths with and nearly every one of them have nothing bad to say about him and believe he is all about making westero's a better place, even the most untrusting and cynical people have a soft spot for him.

He may not have armies at his back but I believe those that do will bend the knee to him....

Jon Snow... Tyrion was one of the first people to speak to Jon with empathy and honesty... when discussing the bastard name and such.

Sansa.... Again when everyone was treating her like an object or traitor, he was kind and caring and made her time at KL much more bearable.... lets not forget their wedding night.

Varys ... if he lives I believe trusts and see's Tyrion as one of the few men with the right priorities.

There are plenty more.... Davos, Jamie, Bronn, Podrick,

And if Dany dies I think, in the time he has spent with her... her armies all trust him and would follow him.

5 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

There is no way he has been one of if not the thee major character on the show/books just for him to fade away into the background like he has this season and finish in the same way.

I believe he will voted to rule... Dany will be killed in the final battle be it with Cersei or the WK and following the war there will be a lot to rebuild and the first thing will be appointing a King/Queen by this point I think it will be much like the iron islands as he mentioned and he will be voted in.

Just think since season 1 the amount of big players he has crossed paths with and nearly every one of them have nothing bad to say about him and believe he is all about making westero's a better place, even the most untrusting and cynical people have a soft spot for him.

He may not have armies at his back but I believe those that do will bend the knee to him....

Jon Snow... Tyrion was one of the first people to speak to Jon with empathy and honesty... when discussing the bastard name and such.

Sansa.... Again when everyone was treating her like an object or traitor, he was kind and caring and made her time at KL much more bearable.... lets not forget their wedding night.

Varys ... if he lives I believe trusts and see's Tyrion as one of the few men with the right priorities.

There are plenty more.... Davos, Jamie, Bronn, Podrick,

And if Dany dies I think, in the time he has spent with her... her armies all trust him and would follow him.

I feel the same way about that, there has to be a reason he was a prominent character in so many seasons for him to fade away in the background somehow. In the books there is also al lot more foreshadowing about him than we have seen in the show so far.

That Jon and Daenerys are important people is very obvious, Tyrion however is not so obvious. In the show he has some strange moments like when he petted the dragons and when the red priestess of Volantis gave him that creepy look. I still think he has a MAYOR role to play in the end, but in what way we can only guess.

He is not a warrior even though he has fought in battle despite his disadvantage, and no he has no armies or dragons behind him to back him up. All we know is that he is a good person at heart who is flawed in mind as well as in body but still continues to thrive and still seems to care about the lives of people who normally wouldn't give him a second look.(Tarlys)

Tyrion values friendship and that seems to be his biggest asset really, not his military prowess (lets be honest, he has none) or his physical strength. (nope, not that either.) But his ability to create bridges an form alliances that is his biggest strength.

Jons greatest strength is his courage in battle that inspired a lot of people in following him, so yeah he has earned where he is now as the King in the north, his weakness is his impulsiveness and reluctance to listen to good advise.

Daenerys is a difficult one to place, I still consider her as good, but do think she is way to comfortable in killing people lately, she shouldn't be so smug and comfortable about it. Besides she never lifts a finger to do the killing herself so it can can be that she's become quite detatched when it comes to taking lives.

Archived