[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Here is the jist of their conservation:

Arya: I don’t care if you were just a kid, a hostage, and they held a pistol to your head. You’re the worst.

Sansa: Nuh-uh, I’m the best thing to hit the North, since sliced bread. Everyone should kneel to me.

Terrible.

:lol: If they had just been done with the WF plot after Arya came back it would have been better than this farce.

Ignoring the ridiculous plot stupidity that is the Night King not immediately killing Drogon who was right in front of him and thus eliminating all hope for mankind, the premise behind why the suicide squad even went North was stupid to begin with. 

What was the whole point of proving to Cersei the threat of the White Walkers anyways? Other than Euron who could easily and probably will turncloak on her, it's not like she currently even has an army that could aid or present a threat to anyone. And even if they did bring her a zombie, what does that really prove? It's not like she doesn't already have a zombie who is her bodyguard that was born of a scientific experiment. Who is to say the Northerners cannot do the same.

42 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

The "time warps" in this show are also ridiculous.  gendry back to Eastwatch, the raven flying to dragonstone and Daenerys gets there in what seems like 1/2 an hour (and that's generous).  They need to just finally expose that Westeros now has Stargates at every 1 mile interval on the King's Road and at every castle and pillowhouse.

Edited 33 minutes ago by Iron Mother

Lol at "the pillow houses" part.

Fuuuckkk!!! Worst episode of the season, possibly of the entire series.

• The Night’s King must have known rescue was coming, right? RIGHT? Because there is no other reason why they all sat there watching less dozen men on a tiny rock.
  • Are you fucking telling me that the Magnificent Idiots stood on that rock, all while Gendry ran back to the Wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, and then Dany flew with her dragon to Eastwatch, where, presumably she got some directions from Gendry, and got there, all before they could freeze their asses of, or die of thirst and starvation.
  • Maybe now with a wight dragon, the Night’s King can make some fucking time and get to the Wall already.
  • And on Gendry – I would like to believe that when Jon chose to send him back wasn’t because he was “the fastest”, but because he was the most inexperienced, and could be spared; so, Jon told him a white lie to get him going; because Gendry, the city boy who spent all his life working with his hands, cannot be the fastest on a terrain he doesn’t know. I guess they must have marched into a perfect straight line, over all those hills, and through all those ravines, and little stream beds, and through a storm, for the city boy to find his way back right at the Eastwatch gate.
  • The Jon-Jorah heart-to-heart – the moment was good, but this is the kind of conversation that could have happened, oh I don’t know, on the sea trip from Dragonstone to Eastwatch, perhaps!!! Perfect way to show a journey and have some good character interaction; instead they decided to eat up minutes from this episode for this.
  • It’s disappointing that wights aren’t affected by fire as much as they should be. Yeah, since Hardhome, if not sooner, we knew that wights can be pretty much taken down by any weapon but I would have thought that fire would be a far more effective weapon; instead, that bear just keeps going, until it gets the Walking Dead treatment, i.e. knife to the brain.
  • The Dany-Tyrion dialogue went on and on, with pretty much the same discussion as in all previous episodes. And a sideways discussion into Dany’s love life. ffs Just because Dany made an allusion to a Wheel, doesn't mean that discussions about need to keep spinning in fucking circles.
  • Arya needs to go back to Braavos and ask for her money back from the Faceless Men, because apparently, they didn’t teach her to use her brain much. How can't she not figure out that she is being duped is beyond me.
  • Or Sansa needs to kill her, because she has become a psychopath. I would have thought that she sent Brienne away so she could maneuver to kill Arya; clever Sansa! But nope, it’s just to add to the bullshit drama.

Just now, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Indeed. Now I like Sansa, for the first time in the show since ages :D

I've always been a Sansa fan, more than an Arya fan. But I did like Arya...up until the past two seasons.

8 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Honestly I actually didn't mind the NK javelin attack.  It does make him out to be a special bad guy that he can take out a dragon like that.  

Yeah he did what Qyburn's ballista couldn't. But common if they wanted to give him a dragon, they could have thought up a better plot than the abomination that is the wight for Cersie.

Just now, Eddard Scissorhands said:

I used to like Arya too, a lot. Liked... :(

I really hope they can pull her character out of the shitpile it's gone into

but if they do that the character will most like have a heel-face turn and just be

ugh

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:

1. NK can throw a spear 1000 yards and hit a moving target a hundred feet in the air....

NK apparently cannot throw a spear 300 yards to hit any of the like 10 people on a small island in a lake below him, including the stationary, much larger Dragon that is also carrying basically everyone that has any chance of stopping him south of the wall....Also despite it being shown repeatedly that proximity to a WW or the NK makes things colder, said NK doesn't just walk to the lake and refreeze it to get everyone killed.

About the dragon, yeah absolutely. Unless he could 'sense' that Dragon couldn't be controlled even in death because of some magic bond with Dany. But that is kinda far fetched.

And apparently the NK also didn't know how much time it would take for the lake to freeze solid again.

This thread will break all records in length:  there was so much to rant and rave about in this episode LOL

I'll choose just one thing:  only fire stops the Wights, Jon know this, yet they wasted so much time and energy swinging their weapons at them?  WTF?!?!?

Why are the Northern lords such traitorous bastards?  More traitorous than anyone else?  They turned on the Starks.  Then elected Jon King.  Now in a heartbeat, they turned on him again and want Sansa.  I don't get what the letter has to do with anyone's allegiance to Jon though, since it's about Sansa being a traitor......so that makes no sense, but no surprise there

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Fuuuckkk!!! Worst episode of the season, possibly of the entire series.

• Are you fucking telling me that the Magnificent Idiots stood on that rock, all while Gendry ran back to the Wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, and then Dany flew with her dragon to Eastwatch, where, presumably she got some directions from Gendry, and got there, all before they could freeze their asses of, or die of thirst and starvation.

Dany is like Leia. She can sense Jon/Luke and can find him in the vast North in a matter of seconds. 

1 minute ago, storm.131 said:

This thread will break all records in length:  there was so much to rant and rave about in this episode LOL

I'll choose just one thing:  only fire stops the Wights, Jon know this, yet they wasted so much time and energy swinging their weapons at them?  WTF?!?!?

As I mentioned in my own rant, pretty much since Hardhome, the show has shown that normal weapons work, too. Which is disappointing. Even more so now, with that bear not immediately dying after it caught fire.

16 minutes ago, The Special Pug of Belfast said:

Arya is officially the most absurd character on the show. Her entire arc is a joke at this point. 

The shows "resident badass" :lol: gimme a break!

I think the show has a serious problem portraying strong women.  They had Brienne, one of the most emotionally strong and compassionate women ever born in Westeros, torture the rapists before she killed them (whether or not they deserved it, it's not something Brienne would have done).  They had TV-Ellaria, who in the books was original enough in thought in word to speak up for not continuing an inter-generational revenge plot that could kill her daughters as it had her late lover, avenge her late lover by murdering his brother and nephew and nephew's fiancee.  They had the Waif, who, in the books was a teacher-sort-of-person (If I remember right), torment and then nearly kill Arya.  I'm not going to mention the wreck that was the TV-Sand Snakes.  And now Arya has turned on her sister and is threatening to kill her because Sansa isn't wearing a Jon Snow King in the North T-shirt or something?  

I can only hope that Sansa and Arya will manage to reconcile soon.  As of now, Arya, who was once almost the epitome of Stark-ness, is a danger to Winterfell.

Archived