[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

3 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

While there are normally things any show can be criticized for, reading this thread from time to time really goes a long way to show you how some people really just want to strong their ego

Im not saying there is nothing to complain about. This episode clearly had pacing problem. Furthermore, it suffered from dropped content from the book, like Aegon, Sansa..etc.

But reading some complains? Come on!

Are some of you really complaining about how the Wights were able to get massive chains? Do you need the show runners to show you every little detail? When Jon and Co had to go to the bathroom? How many times they ate? There is always the small minority looking to complain about things like this. Hell, even in Lord Of The Rings, people complained about how the group was barely seen eating.

white walkers traveling slow. Really? They have only been doing that since season 1/book 1. Why complain now? Why continue to complain? 

Im not going to waste more time laughing at the idiotic things some posters have posted. I'm not saying there is nothing to complain about but it's getting a bit pathetic 

Why would the dead have giant iron chains? The wights are brainless slaves, and the WW live where there is nothing but ice. They can't have made them, because forging chains means using FIRE. The wildlings themselves would have had little reason to make such great chains, when iron is sparse there, and they would have used it to make weapons, not fucking chains. So it is a completely legitimate complaint. Also, in addition to having the chains, there's the whole chaining of the massive, submerged dragon. They were able to do that, but couldn't cross a bit of broken ice. Hahahahaha!!! 

And people have complained about the time it takes to travel for a long time, because it breaks immersion every time they pull one of these stunts. The army of the dead, the one army that requires no food or rest, hasn't yet reached the Wall, and the lands north of the Wall aren't that big, by the way, while whole wars have been fought all over Westeros, and Dany has sailed with an armada from Slaver's Bay.

But, yeah, it's pathetic to complain about logical stuff. Go away!

Sorry, I am so angry. Probably has already been mentioned:

• in the book it needed many men to take down one wight (exception: Jon and Sam with fire). In the Show they already made it easier to fight the wights (Hardhome). Now it has become ridiculous. Remember: the wights have supernatural strength, the cut off limbs still fight. Now those half dozen stand against around a hundred wights for some time?
  • Why does no one uses a shield? I think last time I saw a shield in the Show with a Major character was Sandor Clegane versus Berric Dondarrion (the famous first Seasons with still some attachement to the books).
  • in the book it was never established that the wights were sensitive to dragonglass (situtaion with Sam killing un-dead Small Paul was not clear). Now, dragonglass works (Mormont struck the bear with a dragonglass dagger and the bear instantly died).
  • when trapped on the Island, the strategy of Jon's small Group was to sit out, being protected by water around. They HAD Gendry's hammer. Why the hell did they not destroy the ice around the Island?
  • Tyrion needed weeks and all Smiths in KL to forge a chain such as ne Night King used to pull out dead Viserion from the lake. Where did the NK come by this steel chain? Beyond the wall steel is rare, most Wildlings have only what they plundered from slain Night Watch men. The Thenns have mostly bronze. Besides: Can the dead army forge iron????? I could have lived with th Night King concentrating his AOE-ranged-raise-the-dead-skill (as shown in the episode Hardhome) for a Long time on the Dragon, but pulling it out with a chain???? I don't buy that. Who attached the chain to the Dragon? The wights did not feel comfortable in water. Are the White Walkers good swimmers/divers?
  • Why, with his spear-throwing abilities, did the Night king not just take out the few men on the Island with his spear?
  • Why aim at Viserion, a moving target much further away and not at Drogon, practically a sitting duck?
  • If only Jon had thought to bring along some archers with arrows and dragonglass heads.... He could have ended the war right there.

And so on, and so on. This Show is a sole disrepect towards GRRM's world and us watchers & readers. I am disgusted.

I'm sure alot of this has already been said but man I have to do this. It's going to be a long rant, so I apologise in advance.

Winterfell:

Sansa: Oh hi Arya my creepy sister, what's that? You've found a letter and believe it means I want to take over the north. I must say I'm a little surprised, I'm mean we might have had an antagonist relationship and all being so different but we spent alot of time together as kids and didn't you just come back from learning how to become anyone and so therefore be really good at understanding behaviours and motivations. Because it's kinda odd that Robb who more than likely didn't know me as well saw through that letter in five seconds and could see I wrote it under duress. In fact I'm not sure how this is meant to threaten me, all the lords know I was taken hostage as a child, so go ahead and show them.

Oh I'm sorry you want to give me a speech where you to threaten to cut off my face and then randomly walk off leaving me the knife. I don't think that's how threatening works, wouldn't you really like to take the knife with you?

Oh what's that Littlefinger? Use Brienne to protect me? That sounds like a good idea.

5 second later

Right Brienne, can't you get lost. I don't care where. Kings Landing, why not.

Dragonstone:

Dany: Man I love Jon, I mean we've had like one maybe, kinda sentence about how we're similar and he stroked my dragon. Tyrion stop laughing, that's not a euphemism, so I'm totes in love. Plus everyone keeps saying how we keep looking at each other, so it must be a love for the ages. Still I can't help wondering wouldn't it have made more sense to fly in on a dragon and grab a wight and come back? No that's probably too easy.

Wall:

Jon: Right you know how this goes, we each move round the group talking to each other, once the bell sounds we move to the person on your left, y'know like speed dating. Oh and before I forget, ignore those three, maybe four I think their number keeps changing depending on plot, anyway ignore those guys in the rear. I mean it, like just don't even bother pretending they have anything to do with us. They are just there to be killed and to prove something is dangerous so it's not worth getting attached.

Oh no Thoros, you're dead from the cold, seems kinda pointless having you kinda survive earlier but what the hey. How are we going to burn him? Oh yeah Beric you have that sword you can set on fire. Now I don't want to be that guy but don't you think it might have been a good idea to have whipped that out earlier so Thoros didn't freeze to death. Oh well we all make mistakes. I hope Gendry managed to get back to Eastwatch, good thing we just kept walking in circles earlier and its really only ten minutes away or we'd be screwed.

I'm just going to throw it out here while we're just waiting for the wights to kill us. Why don't we just break the ice around us again. I mean the Hound had that Hammer before he decided to stupidly throw it away in favour of those tiny daggers and Beric has a fire sword, we could just melt the ice. No, no you're right it wouldn't be fair to the Wights, look at them patiently waiting out there.

Oh Dany you've come to save us, that's nice. Oh look it was easy to put that wight on Drogon, might have made more sense to have just done that in the first place huh, oh well I need to stay behind so you can pine for me, bye. 

Oh Benjen thanks for saving me. You're not getting on the horse, this kinda reminds me of that stupid scene in titanic where they both could have totally fit on that door, you're not doing that are you? I mean I am kinda keeling over right now, it would actually make more sense if you did get on..oh ok go and have your meaningless sacrifice.

Dany: Jon, now that I've seen your hot bod, I am totally ok with one of my children dying for you, even though it was completely unnecessary. 

Jon: And to show my devotion to you I am completely betraying the north, oh we are perfect together.

--------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, why do the writer's undermine their own work. I was willing to give them a pass as to why they didn't just get on a dragon, grab a wight and get out of there because I thought there would be trouble getting the wight on it. But hey, they just show them do it easily making the audience doubly aware how stupid this all is.

38 minutes ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but is there any possibility the chains were from back when the NW actually still added ice to the wall? The lake/pond is apparently within a days hike (or 2 hour jog if youre Gendry) but I don't know when the last time anything was actually added to the Wall.  Also, proud of those 200 wights, who not only pulled a dragon out of a frozen lake but did it while walking up a hill with apparently little effort on their part.

Small rant: Arya was at her father's beheading, so she would have seen Sansa yelling at Joffrey to stop.  Also, she worked for Tywin at that castle (Harrenhall?), so is D&D just hoping we forgot that or what?

Arya's eyes were shielded, if you'll remember.

I did chuckle at the length of enormous chain, and wondered how the wights, who can't swim, got the chains around the dragon.

2 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Arya's eyes were shielded, if you'll remember.

I did chuckle at the length of enormous chain, and wondered how the wights, who can't swim, got the chains around the dragon.

Ah, good point but it still doesn't solve the whole Harrenhall situation because she literally could have killed Tywin and saved her family from the Red Wedding.

Lol right. I just loved how D&D had some wights that could swim (the two that magically appeared to grab Tormund under) but then others that couldn't (Hound made the whole in the ice for the one and the ones that went under with Jon apparently died and Jon didn't lol). Also, why weren't Giants used with the chain just so it would make a little bit of sense lol.

49 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I just wanted to cosign this entire post.  You've picked out a few of the things I did enjoy while making the points of all that was wrong. 

You are more than welcome to do so :)

18 minutes ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Also, there was absolutely zero reason for Benjen not to jump on the back of that horse and ride the fuck on out of there. It just made no sense to me. He was literally killed off for the sake of it, and without ever clearing up what exactly he "is", which is a shame because if he had rode back with Jon instead of throwing himself to the proverbial wolves (who are more like fast "walkers" from TWD than wights these days) I think he could have made a really interesting character with a really interesting dynamic. They missed an opportunity to make his character great.

Why couldn't Benjen be the wight they took to Kings Landing? Then he could have told Jon what he knows about the Night's King and the Children of the Forest on their half an episode long trip to Kings Landing and then don't need to worry about an angry dangerous and unfriendly wight?

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Well at least we got to see what deadpan grief looks like. Seriously could Dany have looked less grief stricken over losing her "child"...

that was deadpan's shock face I think. 

52 minutes ago, Ser Didymus said:

Sansa could have said, "Jon lost the Battle of the Bastards because i refused to tell him that i had the knights of the Vale waiting behind that hill over there" 

Sansa could have said, "i already betrayed Jon and every man who died, including our brother Rickon."

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

that was deadpan's shock face I think. 

I looked again just to see if she expressed anything at all, and it looked like she was actually smiling as she rode off. It's like all she cared about was the guy she met a week or so ago. For all the talk of her children, you'd think she'd be devastated, or at least a wee bit bummed.

40 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Came up with that on my own lol. I don't tweet. I read it sometimes tho

I have a few friends that I met on other mediums that I follow on Twitter as well as some news sites, entertainment sites, etc.  I mostly read, but do post there occasionally.  I cannot watch and tweet or post simultaneously, not well anyway, LOL  I can ride a bike and chew gum, though. :P   I usually take a peek after the episode or the next day on the hashtag to see how the show went over.  We seem to have an Olympic edition.  Gendry with the run, Nk with the javelin throw, it was a sporting extravaganza. 

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I looked again just to see if she expressed anything at all, and it looked like she was actually smiling as she rode off. It's like all she cared about was the guy she met a week or so ago. For all the talk of her children, you'd think she'd be devastated, or at least a wee bit bummed.

I'll have to rewatch for the smile. And you're right, the next scene we have her all worried and anxious over her soon-to-be-lover but no grief for poor gentle Viserion. IIRC, the only thing we have from her that resembles grief is her saying dragons are the only children I'll have to Jon.

12 minutes ago, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

Why couldn't Benjen be the wight they took to Kings Landing? Then he could have told Jon what he knows about the Night's King and the Children of the Forest on their half an episode long trip to Kings Landing and then don't need to worry about an angry dangerous and unfriendly wight?

Do you mean take Benjen alive to KL? (As alive as Benjen can be, anyway?) That wouldn't have worked because Benjen can't pass through The Wall (which undermines my original point.)

1 minute ago, teej6 said:

I'll have to rewatch for the smile. And you're right, the next scene we have her all worried and anxious over her soon-to-be-lover but no grief for poor gentle Viserion. IIRC, the only thing we have from her that resembles grief is her saying dragons are the only children I'll have to Jon.

She has just lost 33% of her military advantage on top of already losing her navy and her Westeros allies.   She should be breaking things, crying, tearing at her awful wig and telling Jon that he knows nothing.  She should be in full freak out rage/hysteria/grief mode.  Forget the masive hit to her tactical advantage, one of her fucking dragons is DEAD.

But, nope.  Just more deadpaning around.

33 minutes ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Also, there was absolutely zero reason for Benjen not to jump on the back of that horse and ride the fuck on out of there. It just made no sense to me. He was literally killed off for the sake of it, and without ever clearing up what exactly he "is", which is a shame because if he had rode back with Jon instead of throwing himself to the proverbial wolves (who are more like fast "walkers" from TWD than wights these days) I think he could have made a really interesting character with a really interesting dynamic. They missed an opportunity to make his character great.

Yeah like who's never heard of two people riding on 1 horse!? smh

Just now, teej6 said:

I was sadder than she was, and I don't even buy into the show anymore. Viserion did a very brave and noble thing. He put it all on the line to save humanity, and he died for it. That was really sad, one of three of these magical creatures passing in such a way.

You'd think mama might be a bit moved. Or have some regrets, like why did she bring all three dragons? Or better yet, she could have gone with her nephew/lover on Drogon, spent the night at a nice inn, made a nice weekend out of the whole catch a wight fiasco.

Archived