[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

5 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

After more reflection, I'm thinking about the sheer stupidity that the NK is such a thorough packer for war that he even has giant, heavy chains on hand for dragon-fishing, but absolutely nothing with him to cross over a patch of melted lake.

Couldn't they have felled a tree and laid it across the lake. Was standing and waiting really the best plan the NK could come up with? The only way to buy this is to accept that they have Zero tools at their disposal, and yet the next scene: Chains.

Those criticizing this as a nitpick fail to understand the bigger context. Paper thin writing. Nothing that isn't currently onscreen is assumed to exist, until the writers decide they need it to get the shot they want. Thus everything lacks a certain depth and the show feels like a play. Every action is very contrived.

Characters in the show very awkwardly don't act believably or solve problems in obvious ways. Good writing would have depth of background off screen and consider what a character, group, or army would have or do, then write how a scene plays out from that. Bad writing contrives scenarios and desired outcomes, then fills in the gaps.

This made me spit my water out. CTFU! Dragon Fishing can be a spontaneous activity! One never knows when!

10 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

After more reflection, I'm thinking about the sheer stupidity that the NK is such a thorough packer for war that he even has giant, heavy chains on hand for dragon-fishing, but absolutely nothing with him to cross over a patch of melted lake.

Couldn't they have felled a tree and laid it across the lake. Was standing and waiting really the best plan the NK could come up with? The only way to buy this is to accept that they have Zero tools at their disposal, and yet the next scene: Chains.

Those criticizing this as a nitpick fail to understand the bigger context. Paper thin writing. Nothing that isn't currently onscreen is assumed to exist, until the writers decide they need it to get the shot they want. Thus everything lacks a certain depth and the show feels like a play. Every action is very contrived.

Characters in the show very awkwardly don't act believably or solve problems in obvious ways. Good writing would have depth of background off screen and consider what a character, group, or army would have or do, then write how a scene plays out from that. Bad writing contrives scenarios and desired outcomes, then fills in the gaps.

If you consider that the night king was waiting for....dragons....the scene makes more sense.  It would also explain why they had the chains.  NK has seen this movie before.

1 hour ago, xjlxking said:

I'm not debating. I'm calling people out on  stuff they shouldn't be ranting about.

Next people are going to rant about how they haven't seen Jon take a piss in the toilet for 7 season. 

Basically, like I said, I don't mind a thread about complaint regarding legitimate issues or things.

You are on the wrong thread. To me, it seems like you are debating your point of view. Please read the instructions the OP spelled out on the first page. People have a right to complain on anything they feel is dumb about the show on this thread. Your subjective take on the show need not be how others feel about it.

Someone probably mentioned this already, but when Arya Leatherface was all up on her high horse about how she'd never serve the Lannisters, it would've been a good moment for Professor Branxavier to chime in and say, "Didn't you and Tywin Lannister become BFFs back when you were being his personal cupbearer at Harrenhall? You didn't even try to kill him once, despite having a Three Free Deaths coupon for The House of Black and White. Don't you remember?" 

43 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Couldn't they have felled a tree and laid it across the lake.

Remember the scene when the Night King was about to enter the cave? He put his hand on the ground and basically froze everything around him. I assume he could have easily spot-re-frozen the lake had he only wanted to. But he was probably busy contemplating the stupid script forbidding him to e.g. javeline the seven remaining men on the Island one by one, but was forced to wait in the fucking cold until these Dragons arrived.

21 minutes ago, teej6 said:

You are on the wrong thread. To me, it seems like you are debating your point of view. Please read the instructions the OP spelled out on the first page. People have a right to complain on anything they feel is dumb about the show on this thread. Your subjective take on the show need not be how others feel about it.

Debating?

I'm discussing why you disliked something. As per the opening post of this thread, discussing why you dislike something in this episode is perfectly acceptable.

If I sounded like I'm calling you out or debating, it's my fault, I should have worded my post better to included words that discuss these "dislikes".

As a note, if the moderators enforce a forum where we can't call out or even "discuss" other people's opinion because said people require a safe space so they don't called out for being idiots is even more idiotic than this thread.

9 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Someone probably mentioned this already, but when Arya Leatherface was all up on her high horse about how she'd never serve the Lannisters, it would've been a good moment for Professor Branxavier to chime in and say, "Didn't you and Tywin Lannister become BFFs back when you were being his personal cupbearer at Harrenhall? You didn't even try to kill him once, despite having a Three Free Deaths coupon for The House of Black and White. Don't you remember?" 

"You looked beautiful tho."

These "faces" Sansa found in Arya's bag (looked much like rubber to me), there were how many, three four?

Well, she left the waif's face in the HOBAW when she left, she might have gathered those of the two Frey sons and she took that of Walder Frey.

Now that everyone knows, Walder Frey is dead, what would it serve to keep Walder Freys face? For next carneval in Westeros? Or masking as an old man, hoping no one would recognize the face of Walder Frey? I am a bit confused.

6 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

That would definitely put Arya in her place :D but i think the direction that the show is taking with Bran is that nothing matters but defeating the Nights King, so a petty rivalry between sisters isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps Bran has also saw the future and accepts whatever happens between them two :P

9 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Debating?

I'm discussing why you disliked something. As per the opening post of this thread, discussing why you dislike something in this episode is perfectly acceptable.

If I sounded like I'm calling you out or debating, it's my fault, I should have worded my post better to included words that discuss these "dislikes".

As a note, if the moderators enforce a forum where we can't call out or even "discuss" other people's opinion because said people require a safe space so they don't called out for being idiots is even more idiotic than this thread.

I just saw one of your posts on this thread and it seemed like you took issue with some of the posters complaining about aspects of the show.  Complaining about the show and discussing these compliants is the whole point of this thread. It's not to rationalize the show or state that people are complaining over trivial things. Everyone has a right to complain on this thread about pretty much anything on the show.

I believe this is what you said: "I'm not debating. I'm calling people out on  stuff they shouldn't be ranting about. Next people are going to rant about how they haven't seen Jon take a piss in the toilet for 7 season. Basically, like I said, I don't mind a thread about complaint regarding legitimate issues or things."

Who decides what people should be ranting about or what a "legitimate issues" are? You? So yes, people have a right to complain about pretty much anything on the show on this thread whether you agree or not. And justifying the show whether through debate/discussion/calling out or whatever you want to call it is not the purpose of this thread.

52 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Debating?

That's rich!  You're calling people with legitimate gripes about the illogical plot, bad dialogue and complete destruction of beloved characters idiots, while defending said illogical plots, bad dialogue and complete destruction of beloved characters.  I think you need the safe space brother cause you obviously can't handle us expressing our displeasure for what they have done to our story.

So not only are the northern lords not loyal to ANY Stark or any King in the North, but their own King in the North is about to bend his knee and sell his kingdom out...based on what? Torrhen Stark knelt after the Field of Fire--he was marching toward the entire six kingdoms who had knelt before him, I believe, and he still had family members and lords urging him to fight to the death. I remember reading somewhere that one of them was going to try to assassinate the dragons in the night for Torrhen!

In the show, Jon Snow is declared King in the North, in honor of Robb who was brutally murdered at the Red Wedding. In the books, the North is waiting for the moment to get revenge on their enemies and those who murdered their king and his family. They would never turn on Jon. And then Jon is made King, meets Dany, and is like, "I won't kneel. I'm king." Then three episodes later. "I'm gonna kneel, my queen."

It makes no sense! Is he kneeling out of love/submission? Is he kneeling because of what happened at Field of Fire Part II? Is he overwhelmed by what he saw north of the wall and knows he has to unite with Dany--even what he saw this time is no different than what he's seen every time? I don't get it. 

I wish Drogon burned the Night King to Ash, then the episode ended with Ned Starks bones coming back to life as the new Night King because, you know, who cares? DnD can do what they want. Then the last season they can call this show The Walking Ned, and we don't have to pretend this is related to Martin's work.

15 hours ago, Iotun said:

13 hours ago, Cptrex2002 said:

what the hell was the point of thoros surviving the bear attack if he just died of cold. in universe this is not only stupid but storytelling wise it would have been much more impact full if he died at the hands of the bear.

Thoros dying like that was one of the few good ideas. Without it, other than the sun going up and down and a mini-montage of the gang looking cold, we'd have no feel for how long they were on that rock. With Thoros freezing to death, at least we know it was long enough for a wounded man to freeze to death. 

In-universe it made sense, because apart from being weaker, the bear attack left him anemic. He was noticeably pale afterwards. People with less blood freeze quicker. 

I don't think dying immediately after the bear attack would've been more dramatically impactful. Dying on the rock and burning the corpse in front of the Army of the Dead was plenty dramatic. 

Archived