[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

i love this show, but i have to admit this season has taken such a turn for the worst that my only hope is that they somehow manage to pull it out of the bag for the finale episode. 

do D&D seriously think that game of thrones fans will passively accept this drivel of a storyline? yes, the cgi is amazing. yes, the battles are A* and the acting is amazing. but the storyline is utter trash. 

for starters, why was it ever an idea to go north of the wall to capture a wight to show notorious bitch Cersei, who literally won't give a fuck? weren't they all advised that it was a good idea by TYRION, her brother for crying out loud? 

i personally was a fan of the magnificent seven's banter, and anything involving the hound is always wonderful. 

the time warping really bothered me... surely they all would've frozen to death? i'm aware it's fictional but game of thrones prides itself in having an intricate and accurate storyline. this past episode was a let down in that respect. how was it possible for Dany to aid Jon so quickly?

plot armour is thick...why did jon not die? please let that be explained 

the winterfell stuff is confusing. i'm not sure what they're trying to do with arya and sansa, whether it is some sneaky plot of aryas to play littlefinger, making it look like they're at each other's throats or what. at the moment it seems like they're just butchering aryas character.

speaking of butchering fan favourites, what are they doing to Tyrion? he is a husk of the man he once was! a strong, humorous, competent hand has been reduced to nothing more than a stupid one. surely he has not so completely lost his sense of self that he lacks humour, as well as supposed brain cells to even suggest that cersei would ever listen to her enemy. 

i was always a fan of Dany (however i am team Cersei all the way) but this season she is wonderful. that is one thing they're seemingly doing right - her character is the right amount of fiery, and the right amount of compassionate. i know it's predictable but she would be well suited to the iron throne. 

also a petty moan but surely the way Viserion died could've been much better ... i've read some ideas about NK throwing the spear at Drogon and Viserion throwing himself in front of it to save his mother. now THAT would've made the episode much better. 

however, i did enjoy Viserion becoming an ice dragon, although the death was very sad 

you know what I keep forgetting about? how f--king stupid it is people keep referring to it as the Battle of the Bastards. why would hotpie know that? why would sansa call it that? and why is every dam conversation a summary of previous events as if this is the audiences first episode? its like one big terrible family guy joke. 'you think thats bad? remember when...'

8 hours ago, Snormund said:

Who shared Mel? Jon and Stannis?

Jon never hooked up with Mel. He felt her up but that's it. 

I only meant they shared her in the sense that she came onto them and they were both at least a little turned on by her. That's why why I added the tongue-in-cheek "in a manner of speaking."

On 21/08/2017 at 7:49 AM, Hound's She-Wolf 2 said:

I am hoping this is a conspiracy between the Stark sisters to take down LF. I really want Sansa and LF to get married, and have Arya kill LF just before the wedding and take his face and place. That way they can keep control of the Vale and Sansa has a 'husband' and can't be married off again.  

Oh I love this idea ! :D

Because right now, I'm watching the show just because I seriously miss the books. I'm "book deprived";).. so I read and read again the ones I already read. Sure I'm not alone in this case...:(

No comments on what they called Lady Stoneheart apparition in this episode ?

I'm sorry, I was unable to recognize her...

2 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Oh I love this idea ! :D

Because right now, I'm watching the show just because I seriously miss the books. I'm "book deprived";).. so I read and read again the ones I already read. Sure I'm not alone in this case...:(

No comments on what they called Lady Stoneheart apparition in this episode ?

I'm sorry, I was unable to recognize her...

I missed the post you quoted.  That would be absolutely brilliant!  Mayhaps too brilliant for showrunners.

1) a dumb plan turned out to be... dumb

2) they should have used horses

3) Arya behaves in a creepy way without a good reason

4) Did they forsee the breaking of the ice when they sent Gendry to ask for Dany's help?  Otherwise how could they have known they'd survive one day? 

5) why did they go in the opposite direction of Gendry? 

6) I bet a pizza that whenever it will be convenient many wights and WW will start using long range weapons

7) why didn't they use the dragon already to move from Dragonstone? 

8) why did Daenerys come back by boat? 

9) why didn't they use Bran? This should have been his episode

10) Benjen arrival was way too convenient

11) but why didn't he go on the horse with Jon? 

12) why is Jon going back to Dragonstone instead of Winterfell?  

1 hour ago, darmody said:

I only meant they shared her in the sense that she came onto them and they were both at least a little turned on by her. That's why why I added the tongue-in-cheek "in a manner of speaking."

Oh Jon was very turned on by her (IDK who WOULDN'T be turned on by a naked Carice Van Houten :P )but he's also not an idiot (although I'm not sure it was pragmatism so much as mourning Ygritte that made his decision for him). Or at least he didn't use to be. I think if he had given in then it could have completely changed his arc. Then again I'm sure Jon would know better than to fall in love with her like Stannis did. He is not morally twisted like Stan so he would have peaced out once the burning people started (hoping Dany scares him off with this at this point lol. Fuck incest).  

4 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I will say, I was a bit disappointed with Dany's blank look when Viserion was killed. It wasn't even a shocked expression, it was just blank. Jorah was basically doing all the emoting for her.

I always thought both show and book Danny would go 'full Targaryan rage mode' if someone had killed her "children" in front of her like that.

18 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

I always thought both show and book Danny would go 'full Targaryan rage mode' if someone had killed her "children" in front of her like that.

Especially as Tyrion just reminded us that Dany has a temper at the beginning of the episode. I've seriously seen more emotional from people when others stole their pizza.

9 hours ago, Ordee said:

Part of me is wondering if we are going to get a shocking death in the scene where Cersei grants all of her enemies an audience in the "dragon pit" area. She's not going to get Sansa but she now has John, Tyrion, Gendry, and others right there in front of her. Will we finally see The Mountain unleashed? Does she have another trap in mind? The Episode 07 finale preview just had me thinking about this.

I would like to see Zombie Mountain unleashed, because the Hound will be there. (He's the wight wrangler.) But something tells me despite all the fanservice lately they'll hold off on one of the fanserviest things ever and not show the Cleganebowl until later. There's simply too much to do next episode. 

How perfect would it be on Sunday, though? They're holding the meeting in an actual stadium! 

8 hours ago, NickStark2494 said:

Basically they barely know each other

That would be okay if they ever showed them feeling things. It doesn't take all that much. Jon and Egret's relationship built up over a couple of seasons, but you could tell Jon felt something the moment he saw her, when he refused to cut her head off. Which wasn't just because she was a woman. 

There's been nothing like that between Jon and Dany, except arguably when she watched him pet her dragon. But that was ambiguous. I could see her feeling something when she saw his wounds, but that was only after Tyrion informed her they were in love. 

1 hour ago, darmody said:

That would be okay if they ever showed them feeling things. It doesn't take all that much. Jon and Egret's relationship built up over a couple of seasons, but you could tell Jon felt something the moment he saw her, when he refused to cut her head off. Which wasn't just because she was a woman. 

There's been nothing like that between Jon and Dany, except arguably when she watched him pet her dragon. But that was ambiguous. I could see her feeling something when she saw his wounds, but that was only after Tyrion informed her they were in love. 

Jon is preoccupied with saving the world (he has said as much).  Dany is preoccupied with conquering Westeros (it is basically the driving force behind her character).  The fact that they were not showing any feelings towards each other actually made sense given their current circumstances.  This is why it is all the more unbelievable that they should fall in love.  The series isn't written to have them fall in love at first sight, and isn't written for them to have an arranged marriage, and both are too busy to feel any feelings towards each other until their respective advisers "inception" the idea that they should love each other into their minds.

The development of Jon and Ygritte's relationship felt natural and was well-paced.  Jon and Dany feels convenient and forced.  I'm hoping we get at least another scene of the two of them sharing some time together and talking at least before hook up, if that is the direction the show is going to take.  But really i just hope the show doesn't go down that road at all.  

Dany and Drogo's relationship changed from strangers to lovers within the span of the same number of episodes, so while yes it does feel forced and rushed, this to me is the writing choices, of having them talk at each other and because I frankly don't see any chemistry between the two actors.  Kit had 100% more chemistry with Stannis.

29 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Dany and Drogo's relationship changed from strangers to lovers within the span of the same number of episodes, so while yes it does feel forced and rushed, this to me is the writing choices, of having them talk at each other and because I frankly don't see any chemistry between the two actors.  Kit had 100% more chemistry with Stannis.

Stannis was Jon's true love :lol:

Archived