[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

17 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Yeah, you'd need a spear with a dragonglass or VS tip and possibly shoot it through the eye most like. Of course they might go with: if only touched by VS or dragonglass he's gonna crack. Who knows :dunno: Might have a better chance at destroying the dragon by attacking the NK himself. I'll guess either Kit or Emilia will have to train for flying stuntwork, doing a Daemon Targaryen, where one jumps from one dragon to the NK's ice dragon.

Oh, interesting idea.  I wonder if they'd want to do a dragon jump.  Maybe to kill the WW dragon, perhaps?

12 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

The show doesn't follow the rules though.  Well, sometimes they do but only until they don't. :)

It should be:   

Dragonglass or valyrian steel for walkers. 

Regular weapons (damage them enough that they are no longer a threat) and fire for the wights.  

Now it's apparently dragonglass and valyrian steel for everything, and fire isn't as effective against wights as it used to be.  

:dunno:

Maybe rules, like themes, are for 8th graders iirc? 

Show rules don't seem consistent, if NK Dragon is more WW than wight, that already is inconsistent, seeing as Viserion clearly died.  I am going with Dragonglass and Valyrian Steel for WW type things and, I guess it seems fire and dragonglass for wights.  Dragonglass is what The Magnificent Seven used against the wights eventually, along with fire.  The fire seems to take longer to do enough damage than previously, even in the show.  IIRC, if the fire is thrust at the controlling wighted head with the extra blue eyes, it should drop quick. That didn't happen with the polar bear, that's for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

They can just forget the whole Viserion being dead and resurrected thing at the start of next season. They already set the precedent with Jon. They can just treat it like a regular dragon that happens to be on the other side now. The way they bring up and then abandon plot points I wouldn't even be surprised if we never see Viserion again. Littlefinger could marry Arya to it as one of his spectacularly clever and well thought out schemes. It's all just random crap at this point.

People keep trying to talk to me like it's the greatest show ever, when I point out the plot holes and terrible writing they go quiet and look at me like I've gone mental. Have I gone mental?! Did I imagine Dorne? Does it all make sense and I'm the one that's lost the plot?

LOL  The only reason for most of this season and the stupid wight hunt seems to have been to make sure the NK gets his dragon.  Otherwise, I'd agree with you, because story threads and sense are dropped left and right. 

Fear not, lots of reviews this past week seemed to take issue with missing logic.  Unfortunately, it doesn't really stop the praise, though, not most of the time.  You didn't imagine Dorne.  They killed off all of the Dorne plots right quick because even they know.........it sucked. 

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

They can just forget the whole Viserion being dead and resurrected thing at the start of next season. They already set the precedent with Jon. They can just treat it like a regular dragon that happens to be on the other side now. The way they bring up and then abandon plot points I wouldn't even be surprised if we never see Viserion again. Littlefinger could marry Arya to it as one of his spectacularly clever and well thought out schemes. It's all just random crap at this point.

No way LF is doing that. He is clearly plotting to marry her to Hot Pie, the future King

4 minutes ago, caprico4 said:

He IS a wight, he was 'raised' or ' turned' by the Others. He isn't an original.

Craster's babies are 'turned' too.

The preliminary scripts were leaked for all of S7 yesterday. It also included the 6th episode script. And it specifically said that the NK turns dead Viserion like Craster's babies. There's no other way, because otherwise they have a wight who's vulnerable to fire and thus basically should die at the first blue flame he spews.

14 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

So is Arya-Hot Pie, LF-Viserion, NK-Cersei and Sansa-Tormund confirmed for next season then?

The entire season is going to be one huge wedding as all of LF's plans come together. Skulking in the background smirking to himself at every wedding, including his own.

I'd actually hail them as geniuses if the whole thing up until now was a giant smoke screen and LF is revealed to be both an idiot and a maniac. His plans for dealing with everything devolving into marrying it to something else and then smirking at it. Like the scientist in South Park that kept adding asses to animals.

Forgive me for writing this, but I just have to get it out. I just can't get over how incredibly stupid (on a multitude of levels) the whole wight hunt/armistice "negotiations" plotlines were. Just to take one point. After Daenerys' crushing victory over the Lannister/Tarly forces close to King's Landing (which ends with the remaining Lannister/Tarly forces actually pledging to fight for her), Cersei is in a desperate military situation - she and Jaime themselves seem to aknowledge as much. This is the moment for Daenerys to deliver the final blow and attack KL. It's the only thing that makes sense - militarily, politically, even from a humanitarian perspective (try to end the war with Cersei now instead of having it drag on and on and on). And it would certainly make sense from the perspective of becoming able to deal more efficiently with the threat from beyond the wall - after delivering the final blow to Cersei, Dany and Jon could focus on that threat without having to worry about being stabbed in the back, as they, entireley precictable, will have to worry about now. But instead of at least TRYING to take KL, those characters who we are supposed to root for instead act in almost the dumbest and most incompetent manner which it is possible to imagine - namely, they apparently cease fighting the Lannisters while Jon and his merry company go on the wight hunt. Now, even if I buy the premise that this hunt makes any sense in itself (it does not), WHY NOT AT LEAST TRY TO TAKE, OR AT LEAST BESIEGE, KINGS'S LANDING WHILE THE HUNT IS CARRIED OUT (as a matter of fact, the whole wight hunt should have taken months to conduct), making Cersei's situation even more desperate. Why give her (without getting anything in return) the time to recuperate and plot a military comeback? Why? Why? Why?

The execution of the whole wight hunt plotline is, of course, as stupid as it gets. It is so stupid on so may levels - the whole idea of it, that it is the King in the North himself which goes on the hunt, Gendry's run, the conveniently placed island, Dany's rescue operation on her Boeing Dragons, the Benjen deux ex machina twist, that they don't wear any hats (I wish I could take D and D out trekking in the mountains on a cold winter day here in Norway, and they would have to be without hats) etc, etc etc.

As a matter of fact, the whole plot is so stupid that it is hard not to assume that D and D has taken note of some of the criticism of earlier seasons, and actually decided to caricature their own show (this is not the case, of course, they probably still take their own story super-seriously or something). So I just have to conclude, as many have done in other threads, that all the main characters are so stupid and incompetent that the Night's King is the only one which it makes any sense to root for at this point.

• 1 month later...

Archived