[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

You know, movies usually have one deus ex machina... This episode alone got 2. You have to give credit when the credit is due. I can't remember an episode or a movie with more deii ex machina. 

Despite all the criticisms, I found myself enjoying it way more than I thought I would. By the end of the show I realized I was totally hooked. Yes there were plot holes and last minute saves but it was lots of fun anyway. 

The other thing is that I've heard a lot of criticizing the lack of chemistry between Jon and Dany. I think we can put that to rest after tonight. IMO, they sizzled.

I loved the Tyrion and Dany scene. Like the Varys/Dany scene earlier in the season, it said a lot about the two characters, had some great dialogue and acting, and was an excellent conflict between two sympathetic characters.

I loved all the dialogue scenes beyond the wall at the beginning of the episode. This is what I've wanted from the end of the book series/tv series for over a decade, more than the big battles: different characters finally meeting, comparing their lives, discussing their connections, and playing off each other.

I loved most of the big battle north of the wall, especially all moments involving the dragons.

Overall, it was a great episode! 

13 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I loved all the dialogue scenes beyond the wall at the beginning of the episode. This is what I've wanted from the end of the book series/tv series for over a decade, more than the big battles: different characters finally meeting, comparing their lives, discussing their connections, and playing off each other

Agreed! Loved when Jon tried to give Jorah the sword and Jorah refused. Also loved it when the Hound saved Tormund. Great seeing these amazing characters together. 

CGI was incredible as always.

I really enjoyed seeing Jorah, Jon, Beric, the Hound, etc all conversing. 7 seasons and many of these characters have never crossed paths on the screen. It's cool to see.

Jon and Dany at the end was touching, though I do wish he wouldn't have proverbially bent the knee.

The Hound I think won the day with the simplest of lines.....

*throws rock, hits zombie in face, breaking it's jaw off then calls it a Dumb cu**

So simple, so stupid, and yet ironically perfectly written for the character.

The interchanges between the seven heroes was awesome.

Jon offering long claw to Jorah and Jorah saying thanks but no.

Perfect amount of screen time for the Iron Bore.

Ditto Dornish screen time.

And forgive me but not since the Roherin rode over the crest of the hill to the east on the dawn of the third day have I enjoyed the cavalry coming to the rescue at the last moment as much as I enjoyed Dany showing up with the dragons.  Sorry but it was epic!  I know about teleportation and other plot holes but screw it!  Great scene!

I am pretty pissed about this episode, but some moments I enjoyed:

• Benjen coming to the rescue - mainly because I expected him to show up, as it was about the only thing that made sense out of everything that happened beyond the Wall
  • The Jon/Jorah moment was good, even though it should have happened on the trip from Dragonstone.
  • The banter between the guys there was fun.
  • Visuals were as good as always.

Archived