[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

Tormund. Tormund. Tormund. I love him. He loves dick. And Brienne. He wants to make huge monsterous babies with her that will rule the world.

Viserion dying. That. Was. Wonderful. Blood everywhere. The other dragons screaming. It looked so real. The Night King has a great arm. I'm so geekes  see Dragon Walker. Cause it's not a wight. He touched it like he did the baby. I wonder what kinda elemental damage it will do.

Also we now know that Dragon fire doesn't kill Others. Just wights. The Night King just made that shit part and kept on walking. So we know what the remaining dragons are good for...just killing wights and making fires. The residents of westeros is gonna need that fire when the long night comes.

5 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Wait, was anyone actually in the least surprised by this? I thought they telegraphed it loud and clear.

I suppose that I kind of lacked imagination in this case. Of course that when I saw them pulling the chains, I knew what was going to happen but I haven't thought about the possibility before. I was too distracted by plotholes. ;)

16 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I suppose that I kind of lacked imagination in this case. Of course that when I saw them pulling the chains, I knew what was going to happen but I haven't thought about the possibility before. I was too distracted by plotholes. ;)

Fair enough, I suspected they would do this for a while (have an undead dragon), and then when they showed the giant undead polar bear in the beginning it was like "Remember: the undead are not just for humans!" so it felt really obvious.

My only slight doubt was whether they would re-animate some ancient dragon that had died north of the wall, unknown to history, but then Jon & Co settled down to wait for "Dany's Rescue Rangers" and there was no doubt at all.

I loved how Tyrion brought up the subject about Dany needing to keep her temper when talking to Cersei, and how she got a hissy-fit just from someone mentioning she might have to much temper :D

Sad Tyrion didn't stay on subject. My wife pretty much also has an outburst of anger when I mention she sometimes gets a bit too angry. Classic comedy :)

35 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Fair enough, I suspected they would do this for a while (have an undead dragon), and then when they showed the giant undead polar bear in the beginning it was like "Remember: the undead are not just for humans!" so it felt really obvious.

My only slight doubt was whether they would re-animate some ancient dragon that had died north of the wall, unknown to history, but then Jon & Co settled down to wait for "Dany's Rescue Rangers" and there was no doubt at all.

This is an interesting idea. Would this dragon fly though, if it was only a skeleton? Not that they necessarily need it to fly of course. And maybe they could be lucky and find a dragon mummy conserved in ice. ;)  But apparently it's not going to happen, so what...

6 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Jon was partly influenced by what Tormund said about Mance, how many wildlings died because he was too proud to bend the knee.

Wasn't he asked to bend the knee in order to make wildlings accept Stannis as their king? That would be useless act, anyway, since wildlings do not work like that. So I guess all those that got through the Wall with Mance actually did not suffer of die even after he didn't bend the knee. The only wildling that died because of his reluctance to bend the knee was Mance himself, if I am not mistaken. Or am I mixing up books and series again?

I actually see it out of character for Tormund to say something like this, anyway.

On topic:

Hound and Tormund scenes, including Hound saving Tormund's life, talk about Brianne. Tyrion and Dany's scene - Tyrion seems a little bit lost.

16 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

It would be kind of nice if this thread could remain a place for positivity, or at least for avoiding the "WORST EPISODE EVER, GAME OF THRONES IS THE WORST SHOW" type of comments that every episode now gets. There are plenty of threads in this forum for that kind of conversation. 

One more thing I really loved: that final shot. It was predictable, but still such a cool moment for that eye to open and then blue.

Won't happen.  Dare to question anyone in the nitpicking thread and you'll get a mod on you faster than a raven flight from the Wall to Dragonstone.  Criticise the show on a positive only thread?  Tumbleweed.....

Anyway, I really loved the Usual Suspects style interaction between the guys.  I thought Dany's scene with Jon was really well done too.  You also really got to see the scale of the battle which was great.

1 hour ago, cade said:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever posted in one of these "What did you love..." threads before, but the other threads have become so toxically negative I just didn't want to be part of them, so I take a look in here and whaddaya know, yet more harsh negativity. But I guess that's to be expected when you try to create a tiny refuge of positivity within a hostile atmosphere. 

There are many things that I loved about the episode, but I just want to give credit to Emilia Clarke for an extraordinary performance, particularly her reaction to Viserion's death, then how she was mourning atop the Wall and then throughout her final scene with Jon. When most of the script for that scene was leaked long ago, I was skeptical that it was real or would work on screen, but then Emilia brought it to life perfectly, and of course Kit helped as well.

I have to say, Im new here and I just wanted a place to talk about GOT and how much i like the show but wow I dont know why people watch it if they think its so bad now and everything is so poorly written.

I really liked the episode and was crushed to see Viserion die.

I liked that Jorah, the Hound and Tormund did not die.

Remember guys that these are the POSITIVITY threads! I8f you do not like the show, you dont need to post here at all. There are more suitable threads out there for you, or you can create your own. Every post outside the positivity radar will be reported! We want a safe place to like the show in.

Archived