More holes in the plot than used fishnet stockings

Wolf's Bane

The plot was very hard to accept.  I can suspend my disbelief but this one is asking me to stop thinking altogether.  So the raven flew at Mach 3.  Dany found them in that vast expanse.  And I am just so pissed off that Viserion died for nothing.  Nothing.  Jon should have died but at least he recognized Dany's greatness and acknowledge her as his queen. 

Interactions between the 7 heros was funny and worth the plot gymnastics of the previous episode, but as soon as the lake froze it went down hill quickly.

How the fuck has Jon survived the lake, how did he crawl out why did the dead not hang around for more than a minute to kill him as he is crawling out.

Benjen wtf and why bother just so they can kill another name, Jon has survived his hypothermia so instead of stopping at east watch the put him on a ship as being at sea is the perfect place to recover. (East watch will probably fall next episode so he could not stay)

Not even going to ask where they got those chains from.

The writing has really declined over the past season. GRRM had plenty of twists and wasn't afraid to kill off popular characters. 

HBO has really made the plot armor incredibly thick. Is anyone relevant going to die this season? How on earth did all of them go North and battle all of those wights to only have one semi-relevant character die? 

Am I seriously supposed to buy into this Sansa vs Arya plot when it's very clear that neither of them will die, and surely Littlefinger will die somehow. 

I still love watching the show, but man, it's getting frustrating when everything this season has been somewhat predictable. 

Edit: oh and Benjen. WTF. You bring back a season one character that we have all been wondering about, only to kill him off in 30 seconds. Why didn't he just get on the horse? Am I supposed to believe that Jon+Benjen would have been too slow, when it's literally taking the White Walkers months to travel the same distance that Jon travels in half a day? The Army of the Dead should have arrived at the Wall so long ago.

We could assume that the company marched 10-12 hours before sending Gentry back. Then we might accept that Gentry run non-stop and reached Eastwatch within 3-4 hours. Danny should know the approximate wherabouts of the party from the raven\s message. All this we can suspend our disbelief ... 

...but...

...It's 2000 miles from Eastwatch to Dragonstone. A raven would at most do 70 miles per 24 hours. And thats literally at most. So it should take 29 days for the Raven to reach Danny. For this you are right. We don't have to suspend our disbelief but to stop thinking altogether..,

They could easily do without this comical situation with a bit better writing. I would better accept to see Danny ex machina out of the blue. She got stressed for old Jon's life and spontaneously flew to find them.

Also, I can't accept all those last minute saves for Jon unless he is proven to be protected by some kind of "higher power" or something like that, by the end of the series.

10 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Have you confirmed that it was in fact Viserion? That was the first event since HBO took over that has felt like it had Martin's influence.

The closed captions said it was Viserion that was screeching and wailing after the dragon was hit, so we assumed it was Viserion. 

About the dragon hit.  I suspect that the dragon fire is created from a binary chemical reaction and the two are kept in separate bladders and when they mix they ignite.  I think the ice spear broke both and that is why fire was spilling out as the dragon fell.

Now that the dragon is undead will those glands/bladders be repaired or will the dragon bear the wounds unhealed like all the other undead do?  Without a heal this dragon may have no breath weapon.

2 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

There are good TV shows and Bad Tv shows... thats fine. The problem when you spend 5 years watching John Oliver and in the 6th and 7th year becomes Jerry Springer

It's like Black Sabbath following up Paranoid (the album) with one with Justin Bieber on vocals and Lil Wayne on guitar. 

3 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

We use close captions... It was Viserion. 

The dragon's eyes looked green to me, before death. So I assumed it was Rhaegal, but I'll take your word on this.

I would have been more upset if it had been Rhaegal, but still plenty upset. Especially at Dany's lack of mourning, as she decided to focus more on Jon Snow. 

32 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

I actually shouted at the TV "where the hell did they get those chains?" And how did they attach them to the dragon under the ice cap?

Exactly !!!

They couldnt swim through water to get to the fellowship (7 good men), yet they dived in, attached the chains and came back to the surface.

Archived