Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

7 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

So you want a chain background scene.

Sounds cool.  Can you play it out for me? 

We show the WW digging through snow where they discover some chains?

Who gives a frick about where the chains came from.....seriously.

Only a small vocal minority 

2 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

huh?

I'm saying actors will demand a higher pay. Look at Friends, 80% of their reported budget was used for just the actors. 

and it was a classic tv series that is probably still making money through reruns and became a big part of the popular culture of the time.  my point is that if the show achieves that level, paying the actors more shouldn't be the issue. This is HBO and the most popular tv show in the world right now.  You are telling me they can't up the ante on the budget?  Then they should have made it a fucking cartoon.

how much of a normal show's budget goes to acting?

6 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Apparently many people do, or they wouldn't flip over it.

You mean the same 50 people who flip over......every......little.......thing.

The D&D suck and let me give you every nonreason under the sun for it crowd?

This episode forum is full of those guys/gals.  They make most the posts.  You've made 7K plus of them all by your lonesome.

It seems like there are many but it is really just the loudmouth whinging obsessed complainers.

Just now, Lord Okra said:

The D&D suck and let me give you every nonreason under the sun for it?

This episode forum is full of those guys/gals.  They make most the posts.  You've made 7K plus of them all by your lonesome.

It seems like there are many but it is really just the loudmouth whinging obsessed complainers.

Many, many reviews criticized this particular episode for all the reasons people have outlined here on this web site.  

15 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Armor of the walkers is not made of ice. I'm not including the books here as the books described the armor differently. 

I'm just surprised that you find the use of chain so bad;  I totally can agree on the pacing, passage of time, but the access of chain is  not of any significance. Why is hard hard to believe that in the spam of 12,000 years, the white walkers did not find one ship with chains? Perhaps this is chain that they had from their first long night. 

I guess it would put you mind to rest if they showed next episode the walkers having a fortress of solitude in the land of always winter 

If it ain't made of ice then why does it explode like splinetered ice when the WW dies?

Because it's steel and iron didn't become a thing until the Andals came, thousands of years after the wall was built. Andals landed at the Vale, not beyond the Wall. Over the centuries the First Men in the North adapted to iron as well. Hardhome hasn't been a port or home for thousands of years either, because of a vulcanic eruption there. We have "Westeros history" role for the show made. So, that's part of the history. 

So: nope, certainly not from the Long Night.

It's possible they have it from a ship, but that poses other issues: how did they get to the ship? I find it ridiculous they have the wights fighting with weapons too.

16 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

The D&D suck and let me give you every nonreason under the sun for it crowd?

Based on the reviews of this episode even those who've applauded the show this far it's clear many noticed it. And while this forum's polls do tend to have a lower average rate than IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I've never seen an episode only making an average of 5.6/10 with close to 50% voting between 1-5, from the +260 people who voted.

In fact the OP and some people who posted in this thread have defended the show staunchly the past several years.

:lmao: you really think I made 7000 posts on the TV-forum? I didn't start to post in the rant threads until a few months prior to S6. I'm mostly a poster on the book forum and have a blog of essays on the books. I had over 5000 post counts already before I started to post in rant threads.

And no need to become personal or generalistic about posters on this forum (tv or book). This may not be the rant thread, but there are still general guidelines of posting behavior.

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

If it ain't made of ice then why does it explode like splinetered ice when the WW dies?

Because it's steel and iron didn't become a thing until the Andals came, thousands of years after the wall was built. Andals landed at the Vale, not beyond the Wall. Over the centuries the First Men in the North adapted to iron as well. Hardhome hasn't been a port or home for thousands of years either, because of a vulcanic eruption there. We have "Westeros history" role for the show made. So, that's part of the history. 

So: nope, certainly not from the Long Night.

It's possible they have it from a ship, but that poses other issues: how did they get to the ship? I find it ridiculous they have the wights fighting with weapons too.

So a ship never shipwrecked up north from a storm.

And, in show.....the wildlings have iron/steel.  So stop saying that there could be no iron or steel north of the wall when in show.....the wildlings do produce inferior iron/steel to that found in the south.

Maybe these chains were made by giants long ago to help build there massive previously unseen homes.

Maybe these chain resulted from a ship that washed up north 600 years ago and the NK was like......oh, check out those chains.....

Or maybe the freakin NK is an expert steel maker who can use black magic to make steel out of thin air.

We don't know and we don't care where he got them because that story is probably boring.....we do care that he got an ice dragon to even the odds vs. Dany's fire dragons......yay!!!!!

Oh, and the dragon crashing in the lake........AWESOME.....now that's good tv.  Did you see the fire tearing up that ice and stuff when the dragons hit it?  Cool, movie level stuff right there.

And then, the drama as the dragon's eyes close and it slips down into the dark abyss.

I almost cried.

Then, that dastardly Night King drags him back to the surface for the ICE DRAGON.

Screw realism.

4 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

Wow.

D&D are finishing the series that GRRM abandoned.

And you are mad at D&D.....

*rolls eyes*

Wow. 

Your post contains a grand total of seventeen words, and you've managed to make three completely false statements within.

Impressive.

:rolleyes:

Just now, Darkstream said:

Wow. 

Your post contains a grand total of seventeen words, and you've managed to make three completely false statements within.

Impressive.

:rolleyes:

So you are living under the impression that GRRM is actually going to finish this series?

Give me that release date again.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

the reviews this week are not.....praising the show

I haven't read a single episode review until you pushed me to do so.

Top result....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-recap-viserion-dragon-night-king-jon-snow-daenerys-targaryen-thoros-benjen.html

Indeed, while the early going on Sunday at times felt a little baggy with random chitchat (in a good way), the episode was actually pretty tightly stitched together, in terms of foreshadowing that paid off later. There was the bear wight that reminded us, before Viserion, that animals can be resurrected, too. (We’ve previously seen horses.) There was lots of talk about babies — Dany’s supposed inability to have them, after the Drogo reanimation fiasco in Season 1, and Jorah telling Jon to keep the Mormont sword for “your children after you.” By the end Jon and Dany looked pretty ready to give it a shot. (And they’re hitting this aspect so hard lately, I’m starting to wonder if the Dragon Queen might end up pregnant before all is said and done.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They liked it.  Most actual fans of the show LOVED it.

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

the reviews this week are not.....praising the show

It's because the back story of the chain was not include

It was for pacing and the somewhat weird plot. That of course, it something I am also critical of 

7 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

I haven't read a single episode review until you pushed me to do so.

Top result....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-recap-viserion-dragon-night-king-jon-snow-daenerys-targaryen-thoros-benjen.html

Indeed, while the early going on Sunday at times felt a little baggy with random chitchat (in a good way), the episode was actually pretty tightly stitched together, in terms of foreshadowing that paid off later. There was the bear wight that reminded us, before Viserion, that animals can be resurrected, too. (We’ve previously seen horses.) There was lots of talk about babies — Dany’s supposed inability to have them, after the Drogo reanimation fiasco in Season 1, and Jorah telling Jon to keep the Mormont sword for “your children after you.” By the end Jon and Dany looked pretty ready to give it a shot. (And they’re hitting this aspect so hard lately, I’m starting to wonder if the Dragon Queen might end up pregnant before all is said and done.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They liked it.  Most actual fans of the show LOVED it.

The episode picked up where we left off last week, with seven heroes and a fungible number of Wildling Redshirts (Redfurs? Wildshirts?) out to bag a wight to show Cersei. I continue to think this was a ridiculous plan — a silly device to set up Sunday’s action and results, and next week’s big meeting in King’s Landing

the one you picked up...not praising as usual (the ones who normally praise it as a masterpiece, let's not mention the others)

3 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

It's because the back story of the chain was not include

It was for pacing and the somewhat weird plot. That of course, it something I am also critical of 

lol

This the reviews aren't good is just more make believe.

The episode got a 9.4 on IMBD.

Over 90% of voters gave it a 8 or better......75% a 10.

The reviews are not good.........lolz

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The episode picked up where we left off last week, with seven heroes and a fungible number of Wildling Redshirts (Redfurs? Wildshirts?) out to bag a wight to show Cersei. I continue to think this was a ridiculous plan — a silly device to set up Sunday’s action and results, and next week’s big meeting in King’s Landing

the one you picked up...not praising as usual (the ones who normally praise it as a masterpiece, let's not mention the others)

It has a 9.4 on IMDb.

A 9.4.

You have no point.

14 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

So you are living under the impression that GRRM is actually going to finish this series?

Well, I cannot just haphazardly acquire the ability to see into the future when it fits my needs - unlike the characters in d&d's story - so I do not know whether or not the books will be finished. I do know that GRRM is currently working on finishing the WoW, and hasn't, as you so ignorantly put it, abandoned his series.

14 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Give me that release date again.

I'd be happy to give you that info when it becomes available.

Archived