Okay, NOW Have We Seen The Most Wildly Unrealistic Thing Ever on GoT???

1 hour ago, Tagganaro said:

I think I can explain it away as the boat chains from Hardhome.  There were definitely a ton of boats there- can't recall if there were large chains used to dock the ships there but at least it's plausible.  

I can't tell if there was a reason they had the wights use chains or if it was just another stupid oversight- no need for chains if you just have the Night King raise his arms like he did in hardhome and Viserion comes flying out of the water.

My problem is that I don't want to be the one who invents where they come from. Yes, they look like boat chains. But then how do they get on the ship? There were a ton of boats there, but they were not at the docks, for the NW used sloops and barges to go from the dock to the ships. And since the NW arrived on those ships they must have sailed off with them too right?

And thus now we the viewers must come up with a hypothetical scenario by ourselves to make it work, like those two soliders at the rim of the castle discuss a scenario with each other on how King Arthur got them damn coconuts.

Now some shows leave some mistery and logistical things unanswered, but they put clues in there for the fateful watcher who thinks of details to match their hypothesis to the information out there. For example in S4 of Black Sails ....

Spoiler

there's an incident with two people in a burning house: one is knocked unconscious and does not revive, the other is so wounded they're dying and can only crawl. Next we see several other people arrive at the house with the flames reaching through the roof. The wounded one lies outside the house and speaks her last sentences, suggesting she couldn't save the other person inside. So, the 2nd person is believed dead. Then the next episode, that 2nd person is alive and a captive, and a 4th party informs the captor who he has in his posession. They never answered or showed who or how the 2nd person got out of the bunring house, but logicistics heavily point to the 4th informing party. And upon re-watch you can hear someone deliberately breaking the glass window. In other words there's a mistery, officially unanswered, but you are rewarded with confirmation on your hypothesis what the scenario would have been like.

D&D will not reward us with whatever hypothetical scenario you can come up with to explain how they end up having chains. They didn't even set it up as a mini-mistery to be solved anyway. They just appear out of nowhere and we must just accept them (and how they got hooked onto the dragon) and we'll never see them again and never get a confirmation clue about them.

They used to do mini-misteries that required solving or were fun to theorize about in the earlier seasons. Those were written by George. They can't and won't do it this season. They just do stuff as they need it, throw it in our face, and the director's and D&D's answers is simply "shrug shoulders. Why are you questioning these things, when we have dragons in the show". At least we know where the dragons came from: we saw them being born from eggs. It's not as if Dany's Unsullied showed up with dragons for her out of nowhere. World building is never so important as it is in fantasy.   

21 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

lol

This the reviews aren't good is just more make believe.

The episode got a 9.4 on IMBD.

Over 90% of voters gave it a 8 or better......75% a 10.

The reviews are not good.........lolz

But Benioff and Weiss’s emphasis on building the show primarily for payoffs is taking a toll on the quality of Game of Thrones in general—consistent logic seems to drive the action less than it once did. You could feel the strain throughout “Beyond the Wall,” this season’s battle-heavy blockbuster.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall-roundtable/537363/

This season has been full of moments like this one where applying a rigorous logic test to the actions of particular characters proves a bit disheartening. 

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/game-changing-thrones-spectacle-buckles-under-pres-259689

n last night’s “Game of Thrones,” a North of the Wall-focussed episode that we expected to be snowy, wighty, and grunty, we got all that, and just a smidge more: Khaleesi tears, a swinging-lantern surprise, a knapsack full of gross intrigue. And yet, for some of us, this penultimate episode of the penultimate season of our show of shows underwhelmed; 

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-recap-you-dont-understand

The spine of the whole thing is Jon’s patently ludicrous, if enjoyable, wight-hunting escapade

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-recap-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall.html

I mean, I can keep going with more reviews that mention how stupid many elements of this last episode were.......

1 hour ago, xjlxking said:

Only a small vocal minority 

Ugh, this tired, old argument again. What's your point? Nobody is claiming that the show isn't popular. 

Would you like to tell me what portion of the population thinks that reality shows are good television?

Would you like to disagree with  the small minority of people that claimed  the Earth was round while the majority of the population argued that it was flat?

And you do know that only a miniscule minority of the population has an IQ over 140?

You constantly pointing out that only a vocal minority of people complain about the show, in no way addresses or invalidates those complaints.

47 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

And, in show.....the wildlings have iron/steel.  So stop saying that there could be no iron or steel north of the wall when in show.....the wildlings do produce inferior iron/steel to that found in the south.

Only Thenns do. The other wildligns got their steel from raids south of the wall.

49 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Maybe these chains were made by giants long ago to help build there massive previously unseen homes.

Nope, as giants don't use tools other than clubs and rocks.

50 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Maybe these chain resulted from a ship that washed up north 600 years ago and the NK was like......oh, check out those chains.....

Possible, but then I want a hint for that, instead of me imagining a wild list of maybe this or maybe that while knowing they're never gonna confirm it. I enjoy solvig misteries in a show, but I'd like confirmation or actual clues to it, not just euhm we'll have them drag the dragon out of the ice. So, let's give them chains. That's utterly lazy world building

53 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

We don't know and we don't care where he got them because that story is probably boring.....we do care that he got an ice dragon to even the odds vs. Dany's fire dragons......yay!!!!!

Would you accept Dany showing up with dragons out of nowhere without a background story? No you wouldn't. Was the story behind how she got the dragons boring? No. Would you accept Jaime and Joffrey having VS out of nowhere without a background story? No you wouldn't. Was the story behind how House Lannister suddenly has 2 VS swords boring? No.

What is boring? The nth shot of an army of the dead trudging along to remind us that they marching on the Wall? Or showing us they are beings with plans to acquire tools?

58 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Screw realism.

Says the poster who cheered a post earlier that D&D chose realism over magic.  

7 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

It has a 9.4/10

Rationalize away though.....

The first time you said 9.4 I did get it. My response was about the reviews from that website......imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5775864/reviews?filter=best

there are many more bad reviews than good ones- we were talking about reviews....so .....

as for ratings, LOL.......I think @sweetsunray pointed out which is the average rating from this site as well.

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

But Benioff and Weiss’s emphasis on building the show primarily for payoffs is taking a toll on the quality of Game of Thrones in general—consistent logic seems to drive the action less than it once did. You could feel the strain throughout “Beyond the Wall,” this season’s battle-heavy blockbuster.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall-roundtable/537363/

This season has been full of moments like this one where applying a rigorous logic test to the actions of particular characters proves a bit disheartening. 

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/game-changing-thrones-spectacle-buckles-under-pres-259689

n last night’s “Game of Thrones,” a North of the Wall-focussed episode that we expected to be snowy, wighty, and grunty, we got all that, and just a smidge more: Khaleesi tears, a swinging-lantern surprise, a knapsack full of gross intrigue. And yet, for some of us, this penultimate episode of the penultimate season of our show of shows underwhelmed; 

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-6-recap-you-dont-understand

The spine of the whole thing is Jon’s patently ludicrous, if enjoyable, wight-hunting escapade

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-recap-season-7-episode-6-beyond-the-wall.html

I mean, I can keep going with more reviews that mention how stupid many elements of this last episode were.......

Might I add this one?

http://theweek.com/articles/719732/game-thrones-become-terrible-show

And so it doesn't! This season had some spectacular moments, but the cumulative effect is so squishy and nonsensical that anything could happen; the show has long since stopped justifying its choices. The chains of causation that made the Red Wedding devastating but understandableare gone (perhaps the Night King's dragon-dragging chains have replaced them). If Game of Thrones was once grimly exacting about the reality of violence, killing off its principals to make that point, now the battles are adrenaline gore-fests in which dozens of unknowns and no headliners die. It's cheap. It's bloody. Most disappointingly, perhaps, it's timid.

Whatever it used to be, it's now simply the case that Game of Thrones — that sometime iconoclast, that killer of heroes — has become expensive, and toothless, and terrible

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The first time you said 9.4 I did get it. My response was about the reviews from that website......imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5775864/reviews?filter=best

there are many more bad reviews than good ones- we were talking about reviews....so .....

as for ratings, LOL.......I think @sweetsunray pointed out which is the average rating from this site as well.

The show got a 9.4 rating with 27K votes

9.4/10

Bam!

Winning....

39 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

The show got a 9.4 rating with 27K votes

9.4/10

Bam!

Winning....

9.4...I got it the first time, the second time....now it's the third!

my response after having responded to you with the reviews from the same site you mention: (and receiving the same response over and over again):

:blink:

and also....this one as well:

34 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

How ironic.

thanks!

27 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Only Thenns do. The other wildligns got their steel from raids south of the wall.

Not anywhere in the show.  Stick to the show.

In the show they have bows and iron/steel.  See the episode where they battle for the wall.  Stick to the show.

Possible, but then I want a hint for that, instead of me imagining a wild list of maybe this or maybe that while knowing they're never gonna confirm it. I enjoy solvig misteries in a show, but I'd like confirmation or actual clues to it, not just euhm we'll have them drag the dragon out of the ice. So, let's give them chains. That's utterly lazy world building

Lazy world building?  This isn't a novel.  At least you recognize it is possible.  How about likely that ships have washed up north in the past 500 years......not one, multiple.

Would you accept Dany showing up with dragons out of nowhere without a background story? No you wouldn't. Was the story behind how she got the dragons boring? No. Would you accept Jaime and Joffrey having VS out of nowhere without a background story? No you wouldn't. Was the story behind how House Lannister suddenly has 2 VS swords boring? No.

Now you are comparing building the background of where DRAGONS come from in world to.....inanimate objects.....chains.  Just stop.  You don't give screen time to the life story of the chains....

What is boring? The nth shot of an army of the dead trudging along to remind us that they marching on the Wall? Or showing us they are beings with plans to acquire tools?

Tool acquiring isn't good tv.  Thank the lord you don't write the tv series is all I can say.  We don't need the details of how the Giants build their houses or which tools they have and use.  We didn't need it in LotR and we don't need it in GoT.  I don't give a crap about the origins of longbottom leaf and I'm so glad LotR cut it from the movie.  

Says the poster who cheered a post earlier that D&D chose realism over magic.  

You just don't understand the medium, obviously. I'll explain my previous comment further.  I'm glad they cut the magic way back but kept some of it.  In the books we have magic everywhere being done by multiple characters.  They trimmed the fat in show.  We have one warg Stark.....not a family of warg Starks.   They toned back the magic which made sense for the show for many, many reasons......too many to list.

They also consolidated characters and simplified the narrative for reasons having to do with the medium, tv.

Most of your hate stems from a misunderstanding of why they do what they do....the way they do.  It is because that is what makes for great tv.

9.4/10 in a "bad" episode......what a standard

13 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

How ironic.

You are cherry picking.

Fans of the show loved the episode.

This is obvious to anybody who goes to IMDb and sees that the episode...after 27K votes.....has...wait for it...

9.4/10 rating

I'd say the majority spoke.

31 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

It has a 9.4/10

Rationalize away though.....

the show is still wildly popular despite its flaws.  No one is arguing that, and the occasional episode where we have to grossly suspend disbelief is not going to knock off the majority of the fandom and make them criticize an otherwise very appealing viewing experience.  Even with the many issues we have seen raised in this thread and many others on this board this week, the episode still delivered some stunning scenes (from a cinematic viewpoint), some very entertaining dialogue, and a very clutch moment when the key villain character gets a huge and wholly unexpected (to non-spoiled fans) gift of a dragon.  Plus it moved the relationship between two key characters in Jon and Dany forward and gave the fandom some more possible fodder to discuss regarding their expected romance/alliance/whatever they end up doing.  That is a lot of plot movement and several key plot points all presented in this episode, all while also delivering a fan service-y reappearance of Benjen and fulfilling the narrative of acquiring a wight for Cersei.

It is no surprise the show still rates high among most viewers because of these aspects, but that does not negate the very real issues brought up by many of the posters here regarding the plot inconsistencies and seemingly contrived nature of the wight hunt, and the struggling/confusing winterfell storyline.  Participation bias also probably boosts the ratings.  I have been critical of the show for over two seasons now but have never voted on any ratings poll.  I'd bet a lot of other viewers who are critical also do not bother voting in such polls.

Just now, Yoren Luck said:

the show is still wildly popular despite its flaws.  No one is arguing that, and the occasional episode where we have to grossly suspend disbelief is not going to knock off the majority of the fandom and make them criticize an otherwise very appealing viewing experience.  Even with the many issues we have seen raised in this thread and many others on this board this week, the episode still delivered some stunning scenes (from a cinematic viewpoint), some very entertaining dialogue, and a very clutch moment when the key villain character gets a huge and wholly unexpected (to non-spoiled fans) gift of a dragon.  Plus it moved the relationship between two key characters in Jon and Dany forward and gave the fandom some more possible fodder to discuss regarding their expected romance/alliance/whatever they end up doing.  That is a lot of plot movement and several key plot points all presented in this episode, all while also delivering a fan service-y reappearance of Benjen and fulfilling the narrative of acquiring a wight for Cersei.

It is no surprise the show still rates high among most viewers because of these aspects, but that does not negate the very real issues brought up by many of the posters here regarding the plot inconsistencies and seemingly contrived nature of the wight hunt, and the struggling/confusing winterfell storyline.  Participation bias also probably boosts the ratings.  I have been critical of the show for over two seasons now but have never voted on any ratings poll.  I'd bet a lot of other viewers who are critical also do not bother voting in such polls.

The show is killing it.

You'd never know if you visited this forum which is a tragedy.

The main difference, the average viewer comes in without any idea of how they think it should go while those on this forum read the books and come into every viewing with an idea of how it should be so they constantly bring the book this or that into their perspective.

The regular Joe viewer is just watching the show and taking what is presented.  They don't have 16 reasons in their mind why Eastwatch is too far cause they don't think it should be 2500 miles away because in the show it isn't 2500 miles away.....and they are clueless to that so the narrative works for them.  They don't confuse the books for the show constantly.

You have to take the show as stand alone.  Average watchers do that because the show is all they know so they really enjoy it because it is awesome tv.

Just now, Lord Okra said:

Not anywhere in the show.  Stick to the show.

1 minute ago, Lord Okra said:

Show contradicts its own Westeros lore.

1 minute ago, Lord Okra said:

Lazy world building?  This isn't a novel.  At least you recognize it is possible.  How about likely that ships have washed up north in the past 500 years......not one, multiple.

It's fantasy and world building is a major aspect of it. It's got a damn 3D map as intro. They've been praised for the world building for years. The problem is that they go agains their own world building and change rules and lore ont he fly for "cool shots".

3 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Now you are comparing building the background of where DRAGONS come from in world to.....inanimate objects.....chains.  Just stop.  You don't give screen time to the life story of the chains....

I actually gave an example of inanimate objects. And no I won't stop because you say so.

4 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Tool acquiring isn't good tv.  Thank the lord you don't write the tv series is all I can say.  We don't need the details of how the Giants build their houses or which tools they have and use.  We didn't need it in LotR and we don't need it in GoT.  I don't give a crap about the origins of longbottom leaf and I'm so glad LotR cut it from the movie.  

Ah, so Tywin having Ice reforged wasn't good TV. Noted then.

5 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

You just don't understand the medium, obviously. I'll explain my previous comment further.  I'm glad they cut the magic way back but kept some of it.  In the books we have magic everywhere being done by multiple characters.  They trimmed the fat in show.  We have one warg Stark.....not a family of warg Starks.   They toned back the magic which made sense for the show for many, many reasons......too many to list.

I totally udnerstand the medium. I just have a higher standard than you of what I want to qualify as good.

They trimmed the magic so much that now they have to present impossible stuff as fuzzy realistic and "just accept it".

Let's only make Bran the warg => Ah shit, we need Bran to communicate stuff with his siblings => Since they're not wargs anymore, he can't telepathically communicate with them anymore => Ok, let'd drag his ass back to WF. => But we want LF brewing shenanigans between teenaged girls and Jon beyodn the wall with only Dany and Benjen for the rescue. How are we going to do that if Bran's just aroudn the corner in the godswood. => Euhm, well, let's have him be totally apathic.

If they had kept Jon and Arya as wargs, then they could have made it far more believable (in a magical world) that Bran only communicates with them sometimes. Their decision to cut out the magic actually led to logistical issues which led to character ruination. 

And magical winds begotten by a magical ritual solves the teleporting issues. Fine, if they don't want to use the magic, but then they have to solve the real world obstacles, such as logistics and logic, and not just handwave it away. Meanwhile they alter the WW and wights rules on the fly per season by the need of "cool visuals". We went from a wight dropping by fire in S1 to a polar bear completely on fire and still totally functioning and only dropping by contact with a dragonglass dagger. We went from Jon able to kill a WW at hardhome just by having his VS make contact with a WW's ice sword, and no wights he made at Hardhome dropping powerless, to a WW actually clashing with Jon's sword several times and then only exploding as Jon's sword goes through his ice armor, and suddenly several wights dropping to the ground. We've got wights dropping to the bottom of the ice lake (presumably), but then wights popping up at a hole to conveniently drag Tormund into a hole. 

It's cheap entertainment where the rules are adapted on the need of a cool shot. It's dumb, lazy, run-in-the-mill entertainment with a high price that looks pretty.

11 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Show contradicts its own Westeros lore.

It's fantasy and world building is a major aspect of it. It's got a damn 3D map as intro. They've been praised for the world building for years. The problem is that they go agains their own world building and change rules and lore ont he fly for "cool shots".

I actually gave an example of inanimate objects. And no I won't stop because you say so.

Ah, so Tywin having Ice reforged wasn't good TV. Noted then.

I totally udnerstand the medium. I just have a higher standard than you of what I want to qualify as good.

They trimmed the magic so much that now they have to present impossible stuff as fuzzy realistic and "just accept it".

Let's only make Bran the warg => Ah shit, we need Bran to communicate stuff with his siblings => Since they're not wargs anymore, he can't telepathically communicate with them anymore => Ok, let'd drag his ass back to WF. => But we want LF brewing shenanigans between teenaged girls and Jon beyodn the wall with only Dany and Benjen for the rescue. How are we going to do that if Bran's just aroudn the corner in the godswood. => Euhm, well, let's have him be totally apathic.

If they had kept Jon and Arya as wargs, then they could have made it far more believable (in a magical world) that Bran only communicates with them sometimes. Their decision to cut out the magic actually led to logistical issues which led to character ruination. 

And magical winds begotten by a magical ritual solves the teleporting issues. Fine, if they don't want to use the magic, but then they have to solve the real world obstacles, such as logistics and logic, and not just handwave it away. Meanwhile they alter the WW and wights rules on the fly per season by the need of "cool visuals". We went from a wight dropping by fire in S1 to a polar bear completely on fire and still totally functioning and only dropping by contact with a dragonglass dagger. We went from Jon able to kill a WW at hardhome just by having his VS make contact with a WW's ice sword, and no wights he made at Hardhome dropping powerless, to a WW actually clashing with Jon's sword several times and then only exploding as Jon's sword goes through his ice armor, and suddenly several wights dropping to the ground. We've got wights dropping to the bottom of the ice lake (presumably), but then wights popping up at a hole to conveniently drag Tormund into a hole. 

It's cheap entertainment where the rules are adapted on the need of a cool shot. It's dumb, lazy, run-in-the-mill entertainment with a high price that looks pretty.

This post proves you don't understand the medium very well.

There is no real teleporting problem.  That's in your head.  You bring it with you every episode as the result of you already hating this or that.  The show long ago established that can pass between scenes.  This is old, old stuff and has been done on tv for a long, long time.  They assume you are smart enough to follow along.......time passed...a few days have passed or a few weeks or a few months....

They aren't holding your hand about it.  Accept it or don't but please stop whinging about it.

They are doing a tv show.  Accept it.  There are going to be dragons and close escapes and over the top action sequences that require the "suspension of disbelief."

Your suspension of disbelief is long gone.   I don't understand why you'd watch an episode at this point.  You are questioning the origins of chains and saying it is bad writing because they used chains without giving where the chains come from......you can't make a more petty complaint really......and that sums up the attitude by such a large group here.

They are lost and can't enjoy an episode like the one Sunday night.  I, truly, feel pity for anyone who calls themselves a fan of GoT that didn't walk away from that episode grinning.

That was fun stuff.  Dany and Jon are falling for each other. We got an ice dragon.  A dragon died.  It was like watching a movie......a good one.....where I really love the characters.

Hound and Thormund dialog was so much fun.

You missin out.

I see you have understood the meaning behind my comment about as well as you comprehend proper, quality story telling. Oh well.

3 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

You are cherry picking.

Fans of the show loved the episode.

This is obvious to anybody who goes to IMDb and sees that the episode...after 27K votes.....has...wait for it...

9.4/10 rating

I'd say the majority spoke.

And? What is your point?

Why do you keep providing pointless numbers from a meaningless poll that has nothing to do with the issue at hand?  

I fully acknowledge that millions of people love the show, and that the vast majority of fans will praise it no matter how awful the writing is. That is a fact.

This line of argument in opposition to the fact that the show is riddled with ridiculously gaping plot holes, and illogical concepts makes about as much sense as a bunch of already dead, mindless zombies being afraid to get their feet wet. What were they afraid of, getting hypothermia? Even if so, all they had to do was get to Jon, he obviously had some anti-hypothermia pills in his pocket.

6 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

The show is killing it.

You'd never know if you visited this forum which is a tragedy.

The main difference, the average viewer comes in without any idea of how they think it should go while those on this forum read the books and come into every viewing with an idea of how it should be so they constantly bring the book this or that into their perspective.

The regular Joe viewer is just watching the show and taking what is presented.  They don't have 16 reasons in their mind why Eastwatch is too far cause they don't think it should be 2500 miles away because in the show it isn't 2500 miles away.....and they are clueless to that so the narrative works for them.  They don't confuse the books for the show constantly.

You have to take the show as stand alone.  Average watchers do that because the show is all they know so they really enjoy it because it is awesome tv.

See, to me it is not a question of the distance or the time.  Those are inconsistencies that I am willing to look past to enjoy the overall viewing experience.  It is the fact that the whole plot of the wight hunt felt contrived.  Dany and Jon could have just shot up there on a dragon to show Dany the real threat to Westeros if that plot point is so important for her to join in the fight.  She still could have lost a dragon in the process if they needed to get a dragon to the Night King.  Cersei is never going to buy that this is a threat.  She has an undead minion as her bodyguard ffs.  She'll probably muse about what it would take to form an alliance with the Night King before she would ever consider this an actual issue she had to deal with.  And for all that we know about Qyburn, he seems more than ready to try to facilitate such an alliance or at least explore how he is reanimating the dead, so to him this isn't going to look like a threat at all, but rather a curiosity that he could explore and learn from.  Compared to the real threat of Dany's armies and dragons, bringing an undead critter to Kings Landing and telling Cersei there are thousands of them north of the wall ready to attack is not going to change her mind.  If anything she would just brush it off and say well then its a good thing there is a wall between them and us.  Plus (and this is the important part) it was already established that the Lannisters are losing the war at the moment and need time to acquire sellsword armies to replenish the losses from the loot train battle and the lesser numbers they lost at Casterly Rock.  All dany had to do was offer an armistice and the Lannisters would have accepted, as this would have been the perfect opportunity for them the regroup and get their sellswords to Westeros.  And this is forgetting that fact that they could have also just as easily captured Jaime and Bronn after that battle and used them as leverage to arrange a meeting to negotiate an armistice rather than doing the wight hunt.  And Jorah could have had a two minute conversation with Samwell Tarly at the Citadel about the real threat to Westeros, and then confirmed this to Dany when they met later in the season at Dragonstone.  No wight hunt was needed.  The entire plot was drummed up to gift the Night King a dragon and they stretched the integrity of the story to do so in ways that made many viewers feel they went too far.

-not arguing about the success of the show.  It is well documented that this show is epic and the most popular on TV.  What I am saying, and many others, is that this part of the story feels forced and criticisms from viewers should be valid

5 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I see you have understood the meaning behind my comment about as well as you comprehend proper, quality story telling. Oh well.

And? What is your point?

Why do you keep providing pointless numbers from a meaningless poll that has nothing to do with the issue at hand?  

I fully acknowledge that millions of people love the show, and that the vast majority of fans will praise it no matter how awful the writing is. That is a fact.

This line of argument in opposition to the fact that show is riddled with ridiculously gaping plot holes, and illogical concepts makes about as much sense as a bunch of already dead, mindless zombies being afraid to get their feet wet. What were they afraid of, getting hypothermia? Even if so, all they had to do was get to Jon, he obviously had some anti-hypothermia pills in his pocket.

My point was my original statement when this started.

The fans loved the show.

Hey, the fans loved the episode.  They aren't out there whinging relentlessly over petty stuff.

Nope, they loved it.

They gave it a 9.4.

1 hour ago, Lord Okra said:

So you are living under the impression that GRRM is actually going to finish this series?

Give me that release date again.

So you're living under the impression that GRRM isn't actually going to finish the series?

Give me that press release that states that again.

You can't claim one belief is false because it lacks citable evidence in support of your belief that also lacks citable evidence.  

Archived