Beric: You don't look like your father

Styl7

38 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Maybe if Kit Harrington has more than one facial expression in his repertoire, he would look more , um, Starky.

You know, as well as looking like he really needs to pee soon, he could look morally disapproving of you at the same time.

Yeah, that would be great help wouldn't it? 

Speaking of facial expressions, a high point of this episode was the shot when we everybody react to the fall of the nameless dragon. 

Kristofer Hivju: completely horrified and heart broken 

Ian Glenn: sorta upset 

Emilia Clarke: blank 

I mean man it's supposed to be her dragon and the difference as the camera moved from Tormund towards Daenerys was as obvious as a punch in the face. 

Okay I get it, kit Harrington is more important, but wasn't that nameless dragon your bloody child, lady? 

17 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Really? Catelyn hated the idea of her children look less Stark than Jon. Arya was the only one who looked like Jon, and was also said to look like Lyanna.. I mean wtf..

Im going to tell you people now you have the book version and the show version like Martin said. Book version Jon and Dany are  Ned and Ashara Daynes children or twins.Book version Aegon and Val are Lyanna and Rheagars twins seperated at birth. You have to look for all the clues. Ned took Val and Aegon to Starfall saw that Ashara had given birth to their twins,  came up with a plan to switch babies to keep hidden Ashara left with Aegon to raise as sep Lamore. Ned took Jon with him,Rhaegar desquised as  Mance or Arther Dayne took Val with them beyond the wall and Dany went to be raised with a Maester someone with soft pink hands who taught her how to speak Valerian Visarys does not know how to speak Valerian,Dany is confused with her childhood red door and all . The Martells were involved in hooking her up with Visarys . Daenarys is a hint of Dany being a Dayne Ashars purple eyes. Val is assosiated with looking like a Targaryan and she weres a broch of knight of the lauphing tree ties her to Lyanna. I could explain so much but I dont feel like doing all the typing. One more thing Jon and Danys Baby will be the prince who was promised. The Dayenes come from the  dragon lords of old Valeria evan Ashi where Dany is probably the Amethist Queen reborn.     

13 hours ago, Anarres said:

I'm told that in the books, Bran for example has reddish hair like his mother's family? It's possible some of their kids look less "Starky" due to the stronger influence of Catelyn herself - while at the same time Jon doesn't look like Ned. That's a more specific comparison than just Stark, after all.

Jon still being half-Stark, this doesn't seem like much of an issue.

Everyone but Arya took strongly after Cat.  In the books it made Arya suspect she was a bastard too since she and Jon look more like siblings (since Arya looks like Lyanna and Jon takes after his mother).

18 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Really? Catelyn hated the idea of her children look less Stark than Jon. Arya was the only one who looked like Jon, and was also said to look like Lyanna.. I mean wtf..

He did not look like Ned, but he still looked like a Stark, because, after all, his mother WAS a Stark.

Do you think that people only look like their fathers and their mothers play no role in that?

15 hours ago, falcotron said:

Because really, Jon does probably look a lot like Lyanna, and not much like Rhaegar, so Beric was right, accidentally, even though he has a terrible eye for family resemblance.

He does indeed have "a" terrible eye. 

48 minutes ago, ginaflynn said:

Book version Jon and Dany are  Ned and Ashara Daynes children or twins.

It makes perfect sense.

GRRM was worried that he went overboard with the oversimplified genetics in making Robert's hair color so dominant that it's better proof than a DNA test. So he decided that the child of a tall, busty raven-haired woman and a burly dark-haired man with a long face should be a tiny, round-faced, silver-haired girl. Nobody can call that oversimplified genetics.

28 minutes ago, tugela said:

Do you think that people only look like their fathers and their mothers play no role in that?

Sure. Everyone knows that sperm contain tiny homonculi that contain the pre-formed infant, while the womb is just the material substrate that the seed grows in. Everyone from Pythagoras to Aristotle to Leeuwenhoek to Malebranche to Roux proved it. Unless you believe in that ridiculous conspiracy that so-called modern science has tried to foist on us by faking millions of microscopic photos to try to convince us that Wolff and Mendel were right. If you believe that, I'll bet you believe that the Earth is round and Queen Elizabeth isn't a reptilian alien, too.

19 hours ago, Styl7 said:

I think the show is trying to say that although Jon has the Stark look, he doesn't look like Ned. Thus implying he looks like Lyanna. Catelyn's other children looked less Stark than Jon, but that doesn't mean Jon looked exactly like Ned. 

They always said that Jon looked more like Ned than the true born Ned's kids... And Catelyn was annoyed by that... And now, Beric says that Jon doesn't look like his father... If the R+L=J is true, then they were referring to Rhaegar (real truth)... It has something to do with his true lineage... And also, when Gendry met Jon... 

Davos : Your grace this is ...

Gendry : My name is Gendry, your grace. I'm Robert Baratheon's son... Bastard son...

Davos : He was meant to keep that to himself

Gendry : Our "Fathers" trusted each other... Why souldn't we? 

Jon : I saw your father once at Winterfell

Gendry : I met yours...In my ...shop? (not sure if it's the real word he used)

Jon : You are a lot leaner

Gendry : You a lot shorter

Jon : I grew up on stories about them

Gendry : All I have knew is that they fought together and they won. Ser Davos told me where you are going, your grace and why... 

OK What do we have here? 

Gendry knows now that he's a Baratheon, and they made him 'on screen' tell Jon who his father was... But they made Davos tell Gendry 'off screen' who Jon's father was... Because they don't want to lie anymore as the truth is about to be revealed... I hope so at least...

So clearly, they are talking about Rhaegar ... They name Robert but they didn't name Ned... Because of course we all know Jon's father and everyone does...

Jon says "I grew up on stories about they..." Is that false? NO! Yes he grew up on stories about the battle at the Trident! He grew up on stories about the rebellion and Robert killing Rhaegar... all Westeros grew up on stories on the fight between Rhaegar Targaryen (Jon's Father) and Robert Baratheon (Gendry's father)...  That's why they are giving us those scenes... Come on! 7 seasons and you keep on talking about Jon being Ned's bastard? We all know he's Ned's bastard... And they gave us the scene between an unknown King's bastard with an unkown Prince's "Bastard"... Clear... 

Plus Gendry adds "they fought together..." ? REALLY? Rhaegar fought against Robert... Robert killed Rhaegar... 

"OUr father trusted each other... Why shouldn't we?" YES! You shouldn't because one killed the other... The show runners wanted people to believe they are talking about Ned and Robert when they say "I grew up on stories about them..."

But actually, talking about Robert's rebellion is also talking about Rhaegar Targaryen because he is the begining of that rebellion... 

They are trying to give us the true truth by talking about the false truth without saying Ned Stark, but assuming the TV followers will fill Ned everywhere to make it understandable... Tricky? Yes!

3 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

They are trying to give us the true truth by talking about the false truth without saying Ned Stark

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but IMO this is what's going on:

1) Gendry and Jon are talking about Robert and Ned

2) Yes, there's some irony in that we, the viewers, know that Ned is not, in fact, Jon's father, and Robert and Rhaegar were anything but friends

3) Ned wouldn't have told many stories about Rhaegar - so the stories Jon is referencing are clearly about Ned and Robert, and apart from the Battle of the Trident there are not many (or any?) stories directly involving Robert and Rhaegar

3 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

They always said that Jon looked more like Ned than the true born Ned's kids... And Catelyn was annoyed by that... And now, Beric says that Jon doesn't look like his father... If the R+L=J is true, then they were referring to Rhaegar (real truth)... It has something to do with his true lineage...  

It's called an ironic conversation, and they exist solely for the amusement of the audience because we know the truth.  They've had tons of them ever since the reveal of Jon's parentage.  They have NOT revealed that fact to anyone yet, much less off screen.  

So no, they are not talking about Rhaegar in-universe.  They are talking about Ned while the show runners are winking at us.

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

It's called an ironic conversation, and they exist solely for the amusement of the audience because we know the truth.  They've had tons of them ever since the reveal of Jon's parentage.  They have NOT revealed that fact to anyone yet, much less off screen.  

So no, they are not talking about Rhaegar in-universe.  They are talking about Ned while the show runners are winking at us.

I know... That's what I saying!! That's exactly what I'm saying... Gendry and Jon know nothing about Lyanna and Rhaegar... They are talking about Ned and Robert for sure... But I just wanted to point out that The show runners were trying to say something else using that conversation... 

2 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

I know... That's what I saying!! That's exactly what I'm saying... Gendry and Jon know nothing about Lyanna and Rhaegar... They are talking about Ned and Robert for sure... But I just wanted to point out that The show runners were trying to say something else using that conversation... 

My bad. I totally misread your post.  I need to go find some caffeine. 

1 hour ago, Mikkel said:

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say, but IMO this is what's going on:

1) Gendry and Jon are talking about Robert and Ned

2) Yes, there's some irony in that we, the viewers, know that Ned is not, in fact, Jon's father, and Robert and Rhaegar were anything but friends

3) Ned wouldn't have told many stories about Rhaegar - so the stories Jon is referencing are clearly about Ned and Robert, and apart from the Battle of the Trident there are not many (or any?) stories directly involving Robert and Rhaegar

I didn't explain myself properly... I thought you would have understand what I meant...

Defenitely, Gendry and Jon know nothing about L and R... They are clearly talking about Ned and Robert... I meant actually that the show runners were telling us something behind it... Irony... 

Archived