Tyrion is playing everybody

Shi Qiang

You heard it from me.  Tyrion sent everyone on that expedition to get rid of Dany's potential heirs.  He brought up the subject because he was hoping Dany would name him as her heir.  I want you all to consider.

1. The Dothraki, Unsullied, and the Dragons will never fight for Tyrion.  They only have loyalty for Dany.  He needs Dany to win the throne for him.
  2. The wight hunting expedition gets rid of Jorah and Jon.  Two potential people who might get in his way.
  3. Dany will win the throne.  Tyrion can then plan his moves to get rid of her.  No Jon, no Jorah, no one to inherit except him.

I am almost positive that Dany is on to Tyrion.  She's playing him too.  She will root him out and either burn him or send him to the Wall. 

Definitely interesting, I just don't see it.  I've seen no evident signs of it.  If I think of the circumstances that led him to Daenerys, it would have to be a scheme he made up while in her service.  I'm not sure I've seen signs of that.

3 hours ago, Allardyce said:

You heard it from me.  Tyrion sent everyone on that expedition to get rid of Dany's potential heirs.  He brought up the subject because he was hoping Dany would name him as her heir.  I want you all to consider.

1. The Dothraki, Unsullied, and the Dragons will never fight for Tyrion.  They only have loyalty for Dany.  He needs Dany to win the throne for him.
  2. The wight hunting expedition gets rid of Jorah and Jon.  Two potential people who might get in his way.
  3. Dany will win the throne.  Tyrion can then plan his moves to get rid of her.  No Jon, no Jorah, no one to inherit except him.

I am almost positive that Dany is on to Tyrion.  She's playing him too.  She will root him out and either burn him or send him to the Wall. 

LOL... sorry but very creative and wild imagination. 

Tyrion sent no one....

Im sorry but this isnt evidence and its not going to happen.

4 hours ago, Allardyce said:

I like where your mind is at but D&D would never do this to St. Tyrion although he does seem terribly dumb this season.

This is an interesting theory, but I suppose it highlights that if only one character brings up sensible points it makes him look like a scheming and devious man rather than, well, normal. Succession issues are, alongside foreign invasion, pretty much the major issue plaguing these systems of government. It's entirely reasonable for him to bring this up.

this is buying into what cersei wanted to think about tyrion but was never actually true. tyrion never wanted power, and is horrified when people misuse it.

showwise, the worst hes ever done is kill his dad (as well as threaten to murder the crownlanders), and even that was after alot of mindbreaking events and torment. without dany, tyiron would have drunk himself to death somewhere in pentos or volantis and i think he knows that. 

No, Tyrion is just stupid, he isn't playing anybody. The time when characters played each other ended in season 4. 

And yeaaaaah let's have democracy because that's such a perfect and flawless system and never ever in the history of mankind ended badly... and that's what the NW does, that's totally how Dolorous Edd became lord commander and that's what the Ironborn do and man they are so progressed and enlightened, they didn't elect a person who murdered his brother for no reason. my god... 

This theory makes no sense.

Tyrion and Varys all ready had a disscusion acknowledging that men like them can never really lead, but can help others to a good job at it.

Tyrion being a smart man with long term vision is worried by:

a. Danny becoming an evil version of herself

b. Of what will happen if she is killed in some way. 

I think Tyrion is worried for her and his safety in a world where she is gone and cersei is queen.

Well, yes. For people who have only watched the show, I can understand why they might think this way given recent events. 

Plot leaks spoiler below - 

Spoiler

The next episode will further reinforce this idea. Tyrion and Cersei will have a partially undisclosed conversation which will make Cersei "see reason" and agree to an alliance, only for us to discover later that she was bluffing to distract her enemies. This leaves room for speculating that Tyrion is party to this bluff.

But in the books we know what his going on in Tyrion's head. It will take some serious change of character for Tyrion to do something like that.

With that being said, even in the books, Quaithe asks Daenerys to not trust the Lion (among others). And there is the "betrayal for blood" to consider. So it is not impossible that Tyrion might betray her in the future. However I doubt it will be caused due to treachery or maiice on part of Tyrion (he simply lacks those traits as far as we have seen). It might happen if Tyrion finds himself at a crossroad, having to choose between his brother (he owes his life to Jaime) and Daenerys.

2 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Well, yes. For people who have only watched the show, I can understand why they might think this way given recent events. 

Plot leaks spoiler below - 

Reveal hidden contents

The next episode will further reinforce this idea. Tyrion and Cersei will have a partially undisclosed conversation which will make Cersei "see reason" and agree to an alliance, only for us to discover later that she was bluffing to distract her enemies. This leaves room for speculating that Tyrion is party to this bluff.

But in the books we know what his going on in Tyrion's head. It will take some serious change of character for Tyrion to do something like that.

With that being said, even in the books, Quaithe asks Daenerys to not trust the Lion (among others). And there is the "betrayal for blood" to consider. So it is not impossible that Tyrion might betray her in the future. However I doubt it will be caused due to treachery or maiice on part of Tyrion (he simply lacks those traits as far as we have seen). It might happen if Tyrion finds himself at a crossroad, having to choose between his brother (he owes his life to Jaime) and Daenerys.

Even thats not accurate. Tyroin knows cerscei, and she would enjoy beheading him on sight. The only person in the lannister family he cares about is Jamie, since his niece and nephew (not Joff) is now dead.

Archived