Tyrion is playing everybody

Shi Qiang

19 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If you read that and didn't watch him for the last two seasons where he'd been relegated to irrelevance then yes I'd maybe suspect he was up to something.

if he has been plotting things then it's been incredibly badly written 

Exactly. Character consistency and intrigue died back in season 4. What you see is what you get now.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:52 PM, elder brother jonothor dar said:

He seemed to suggest democracy.

Dany wants to brake the wheel and we all know democracy is the best and only solution...

Unless it's 2 wolves (or maybe a wolf and a Dragon in this case) and a lamb voting on what to have got dinner.

She just does justice and executed only 2 tarlys. Lannister army would otherwise be killed by dothrakis. This would set an example and a peace treaty can be made with other weak houses.

3 hours ago, Sumit7Saini said:

Who do you think should be her sucessor?

Daenerys is a nice example of why feudalism is complicated. She is many things to many people. All those titles are hers, but not all her followers recognize them all. This risks her coalition falling apart when she dies, and the Dothraki, Unsullied, Dragons (!), and perhaps now also the North each going their separate ways.

The best thing she can do now is to hand-pick someone, and give that person a certain degree of legitimacy in the eyes of all who now follow her. I suppose the series is setting Jon up for that role, although it's early days still.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:50 AM, teej6 said:

I like where your mind is at but D&D would never do this to St. Tyrion although he does seem terribly dumb this season.

I'm not sure they could do any worse than they've already done to him. What happened to the irreverent badass who planned his escape from the Eyrie, defense of KL, etc. We as viewers were constantly surprised and impressed by his wit and manipulative skill. All he's done this season is whine at Daenarys for being too brutal. I'm not sure I even recall a single cock joke!

Archived