Bran: Why didn't they just give him this season off?

Fredwin

Bran is not the NK. I don't even know how this would make sense.

Bran's story is almost done - but the problem is again, adapting a book where the story that exists is viewed from inside different character's heads, along with their biases. And in book-form, you don't wonder what's happening with Bran while you're reading about Jon or Cersei. 

That's much different in a visual medium. 

Bran was always ahead in the books too... it just didn't feel weird because it's a book - like Arya's rare appearances in the books when she's in Braavos. We got way more Arya in the show. 

Bran will likely worg Viserion. They were very specific how the Children created a sentient being which ended up turning on them. I think there's a possibility that Bran will cause Viserion to turn on the NK. Karma.

Why would they kill off Bran..? His whole show-life will have been wasted. They couldn't give him the season off because he was such a main character last season, but this season the main characters are Jon, Dany, Cersei. So they've kept him around but not shown him very much (which has been poorly written). If he is the Night King then next season he will be in it loads, as well as his purpose in revealing Jon's heritage.

I kind of like the idea that if Bran really is the NK, getting lost in his warg-warp, and that if Jaime *had* have succeeded in killing him as a boy by throwing him from the tower--thereby ending the cycle--then Jaime would have been the saviour of the Kingdom again!! The people would have once again hated him for an action that probably would have saved thousands if not millions of lives.

Everything that's happened to Bran, and all the sacrifices made to keep him alive, make no sense if he is the Night King -- unless, by warging into the Night King, he is somehow able to control his behavior, which doesn't appear to be the case. 

It's odd to me that as tensions between Arya and Sansa grow, neither of them approaches Bran to ask for guidance. "Hey, Bran, is Sansa really a traitor in league with the Lannisters and Littlefinger?" "Hey, Bran, is Arya really going to kill me and wear my face?" Not only does Bran not appear on screen, they both act as if he doesn't exist. 

Archived