Jon and Daeneris

Hoo

13 minutes ago, WeaselPie said:

Brother.

Since Rhaegar (presumably, Jon's father) was Daenerys's older brother Jon is her nephew after all, not brother.

If I remember it right, she didn't let Jorah call her by the name (or was it in the books) and she didn't much object when Jon called her Dany.

I am still rooting for Luke-Leia relationship

5 minutes ago, Gala said:

Since Rhaegar (presumably, Jon's father) was Daenerys's older brother Jon is her nephew after all, not brother.

If I remember it right, she didn't let Jorah call her by the name (or was it in the books) and she didn't much object when Jon called her Dany.

I am still rooting for Luke-Leia relationship

We still don't know Dany's real story, either on the show or in the books.  But on the show, it appears TO ME that a Luke-Leia deal is in the cards, and they're siblings, not aunt and nephew.  Twins in fact.  Just my take on it.

1 minute ago, WeaselPie said:

We still don't know Dany's real story, either on the show or in the books.  But on the show, it appears TO ME that a Luke-Leia deal is in the cards, and they're siblings, not aunt and nephew.  Twins in fact.  Just my take on it.

What makes you think this? I haven't picked up on any hints to suggest this.

4 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

I also prefer Daenerys to Dany. It sounds more "Targaryen Dragon Queen coming to melt your face off".

Agreed.

30 minutes ago, Snormund said:

anyone cheering for incest is fucked

Somebody needed to say it.  Cheers!

As for the OP, I believe Jon has definitely fallen for Daenerys but I do not understand why.  Besides her good looks.  And Daenerys definitely has fallen for Jon.  This I sort of understand, he may be a fucking idiot but he is brave and really committed to the cause of humanity without being presumptuous, entitled, or prideful.

1 hour ago, WeaselPie said:

Wait what?! 

How does that happen? 

OP: 

They definitely have a thing for each other. But not sure why she pulled away from Jon? She's unsure maybe?

Jon was definitely after something a little more in that scene.  

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Agreed.

As for the OP, I believe Jon has definitely fallen for Daenerys but I do not understand why.  Besides her good looks.  And Daenerys definitely has fallen for Jon.  This I sort of understand, he may be a fucking idiot but he is brave and really committed to the cause of humanity without being presumptuous, entitled, or prideful.

They already characterized Jon as being able to ignore his base urges when his heart may not be in it. But now he loves his aunt because she's hot? What is he Theon now?

2 hours ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

Their child will be an abomination. Jon is a wight. I wouldn't be surprised if Dany dies giving labor. 

Technically, Jon would be a fire Wight, since he was brought back by the fire God, the Lord of the light. 

You forget Dany is sort of undead to, since she's fire proof in the show. So fireproof Dany pregnant with fire Wight Jon's child. Yeah, I can see that working without Dany dying.

if you talk about genetically - then that also wouldn't be a huge problem, because Jon and Dany are only estimated to share 46% of genes together. Which compared to Jaime and Cersei, is good.

5 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Agreed.

Maybe he has Stockholm syndrome? 

5 hours ago, WeaselPie said:

But on the show, it appears TO ME that a Luke-Leia deal is in the cards

Meaning a relationship that the writer didn't think through when he radically changed all of the background details halfway through the story, resulting in unfortunate implications when you go back and watch the first chapter that no amount of Special Editioning can fix?

7 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

You take two teenagers, basically clean and attractive, with same occupations, and put them together day after day, without any other competition, and I would bet money feelings would develop.   

5 hours ago, FireWinds said:

They definitely have a thing for each other. But not sure why she pulled away from Jon? She's unsure maybe? 

Considering the amount of 'having babies' talk (Jorah and Jon, Tryion and Dany, Dany and Jon in prev ep)  that happened in this episode, I think Dany pulled her hand back because she just (a) just lost a dragon child and (b) cannot have a human child.  I think she was thinking of Jon, who would probably want children and she did not want to take the opportunity from him.  
Natch, I predict a Dany/Jon pregnancy :-)

@lakin1013 for sure Jon wants to bone her, that's easy to understand.  It is the falling in love that isn't easy to understand.  She is ill tempered and entitled.  He should only see her as reasonable for helping fight the army of the dead if he truly believes she (and everyone else) will die if she doesn't.

Archived