Jon and Daeneris

Hoo

11 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Is that all that you took from my post?...

I thought it was obvious: People who don't buy their romance seems to be mostly annoyed by it, and come up with reasons why they don't like it or why it's bad. (Which as stated, is totally fine.)
Seeing how important Jon and Danys relationship will be for the remainder of the series however, they will have a lot more of screen time together, and if you don't like it, then that will ruin part of the GoT-experience for you. I can sympathize with being forced to watch a romantic relationship that you don't care about. It's not something anyone would enjoy.

Jon and Daenerys is endgame. Daenerys wants to "break the wheel" and Jon Snow just wants to save the realm. He could keep her in check, show her a better path when she feels frustrated. And she can finally teach Jon Snow that he does, in fact know things :P

16 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I'm waiting for the facial expressions when they realise they've fucked a family member.

Oh no, I've done the same thing half the other nobles in Westeros do, such as my grandfather Rickard Stark, and which there's no social stigma about whatsoever in my world! How will I ever cope!

3 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Oh no, I've done the same thing half the other nobles in Westeros do, such as my grandfather Rickard Stark, and which there's no social stigma about whatsoever in my world! How will I ever cope!

:P Regardless, the shock will be present in Jon Snow. Although cousin-marriage is acceptable, there are few cases of people marrying aunts outside of royal duty - to secure peace or w/e. They will cope, especially if he gets her pregnant beforehand.

29 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

What's not to like about some Aunt-Nephew sexy-time? :P I'm waiting for the facial expressions when they realise they've fucked a family member. Will be a good ol' laugh.

That's not my issue. Like I said, I will wait. I will wait and see how a particular scene plays out. And NOT that scene ;)

43 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Is that all that you took from my post?...

I thought it was obvious: People who don't buy their romance seems to be mostly annoyed by it, and come up with reasons why they don't like it or why it's bad. (Which as stated, is totally fine.)
Seeing how important Jon and Danys relationship will be for the remainder of the series however, they will have a lot more of screen time together, and if you don't like it, then that will ruin part of the GoT-experience for you. I can sympathize with being forced to watch a romantic relationship that you don't care about. It's not something anyone would enjoy.

Once again, I know you mean no harm but your wording is turning me off\. It's not reasons, it's our opinion. If you like it, fine. Also nobody is being forced to watch. This is just one issues we have with the show, it's not THE issue. 

28 minutes ago, JonSansaBranArya said:

Once again, I know you mean no harm but your wording is turning me off\. It's not reasons, it's our opinion. If you like it, fine. Also nobody is being forced to watch. This is just one issues we have with the show, it's not THE issue. 

Reasons...opinions...semantics. My point was the same as yours, that people are entitled to their own opinion.

11 hours ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Unless 'Dany' is a standard pet-name in Westoros, there is no logical reason for Jon to actually know that her pet-name was Dany, unless he heard someone call her that in Dragonstone. Now, she said that the last person to call her that was her brother, so that suggests that no one else has called her Dany in a long time. However, one of her followers could have heard Viserys call her Dany, and said that behind her back. And that could be one way for Jon to hear someone call her Dany.

When Jon said "Dany' I actually wondered if it was a take with an error in it.  The director would have called for another try but re-watched the scene and decided it seemed authentic. 

4 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

When Jon said "Dany' I actually wondered if it was a take with an error in it.  The director would have called for another try but re-watched the scene and decided it seemed authentic. 

I think it was just fan-service. I don't actually care, either way.

11 hours ago, Kytheros said:

What do you think's going to happen when Jon finds out he's not who he thought he was his entire life? Being the "Bastard of Winterfell" - being Ned Stark's bastard son is massively central to his self-image, to who he is. Finding out that he's not Ned's bastard son, but Ned's nephew - Lyanna Stark's son by Rhaegar Targaryen is going to be an earthshaking revelation for him.

You are right.  Imagine you discover that the father you worship, is not your father.  The family you love is not your family.  The name you wish you had, all of your life up to now, is not your name.  The future you imagined for yourself is not your future.  And out of all the women in the world, you have slept (maybe) with your aunt.  AND you are the only person with the one, true claim on the throne.

That is a whole lotta psychdrama to wade through.  The show is limited, in terms of time, but if I were Jon, I would be furious and betrayed. And this may be the impediment to any future relationship with Dany.  Jon has Ned's honor code, no matter what.  Ned lost his head and Jon may not allow himself to love Dany.  It really stinks to be Jon, plot armor and all.   

32 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

You are right.  Imagine you discover that the father you worship, is not your father.  The family you love is not your family.  The name you wish you had, all of your life up to now, is not your name.  The future you imagined for yourself is not your future.  And out of all the women in the world, you have slept (maybe) with your aunt.  AND you are the only person with the one, true claim on the throne.

That is a whole lotta psychdrama to wade through.  The show is limited, in terms of time, but if I were Jon, I would be furious and betrayed. And this may be the impediment to any future relationship with Dany.  Jon has Ned's honor code, no matter what.  Ned lost his head and Jon may not allow himself to love Dany.  It really stinks to be Jon, plot armor and all.   

You forget that Jon may sleep with her in the next episode if the leaks are to be believed. And they have been accurate until now... So... Yeah. And if he gets her pregnant - magical fire-god-sperm, etc - before finding out who he really is, this could bypass the whole incest issue for him. Above all else, he has hated the stigma associated with being a bastard. He would not do that to his own child, and a marriage could be offered to remedy that.

This way, the incest is played down for the casual viewer. Jon is honorbound to his new baby-momma, and all is right in the world... except there are ice zombies trying to murder them all :P

This is a possibility. 

I'm really enjoying the Jon-Dany dynamic despite the fact that I typically hate romances and mushy stuff. However, this being GoT, you know there will be plenty of tragedy surrounding them, and the chance of them getting a "happily ever after" is slim to none.

I think Kit and Emilia have wonderful chemistry I've enjoyed the slow burn building between Dany and Jon. (Well, as slow as you can get given that this entire season has felt rushed -- thanks a lot, D&D.) I didn't care for him calling her Dany -- that was jarring, and an obvious fan service -- but the rest of the scene on that ship conveyed a wistful, bittersweet emotion flowing between these two. At this point they have started to realize they have feelings for each other, but neither knows quite how to deal with it. They're in the middle of two major wars and it's difficult to drop all that and say, "Hey! Let's explore our feelings!" So yes, they've been fighting it and choosing to ignore the elephant in the room.

It also seems like it's the first real, grownup romance for each of them. Don't get me wrong: Dany loved Drogo, and Jon loved Ygritte -- but they were both little more than children at the time. (Daario, I'd argue, was a rebound romance and mostly just a sexual one.)
Since then, each of them has experienced a tremendous amount of personal growth. So now we're dealing with two adults having adult feelings and the potential to create a powerful pairing that not only is a practical one but is also based on love (certainly a rarity, at least in Westeros).

And of course it will most likely be blown out of the water by the revelation that Jon is a Targaryan. This little bombshell has potential to turn the world upside down for both of them. Jon would feel enraged and betrayed that his whole life has been nothing but a lie. I can see him having an issue with the incest aspect, too, because he's a bit of a prude. Dany most likely would not care a whit about the incest, but would she feel threatened knowing that Jon has a more legitimate claim to the throne than she has? Her whole life, she has been convinced that she's destined to rule the Seven Kingdoms. She's SO close ... and then the rug gets yanked out from under her. It has to be a sucker punch. I don't see Jon as being power hungry at all, but would this cause Dany to be suspicious of him?

Then again, if there's a baby (and I think that's very likely given the heavy foreshadowing), perhaps that might be enough to convince them to overcome these issues and stay together. Which means that probably one or both will die before the end of the series. 

Archived