Arya Stark

Gaz0680

If the Arya at Winterfell is really the Waif, then the real Arya is still on the road to Winterfell. The Waif wouldn't have needed a crossroads change of heart to turn from Kings Landing to WF, or have known Hot Pie or Nymeria.

A big if, but it that is the Waif, then we'll have a battle of the Arya's soon with the Sansa holding a crossbow on both of them. "Hey Sansa: Who's a horseface?" Twang!

8 hours ago, DirePenguin said:

Well I admit I changed my view when Arya handed that dagger to Sansa. There's something going on beneath that... Was Arya sending message telling her sister to ripp off her own face as a metaphor to something?

No. I think she was telling Sansa that she (Arya) is on her side by handing her the dagger hilt first. 

16 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

No. I think she was telling Sansa that she (Arya) is on her side by handing her the dagger hilt first. 

Or, she's handing her the dagger, and the meaning is, I can disarm myself, hand you a dragonbone dagger and you still couldn't touch me, if you tried bitch.  LOL.

9 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I don't really see that much of a change.

She's the same rabid, hypocritical unusually large, angry squirrel she has been since season 1.

She's just more open about it these days.

'unusually large angry squirrel'

what i'm dying halp

that's the best thing i've heard ever

5 minutes ago, GilletteMace said:

arya will kill cersei next season, wearing littlefingers face.

I think I'd prefer her wearing her own face.

The face thing is slowly losing it's quality for me. It just seems cheap.

9 hours ago, Davos's Scopolamine Patch said:

I wish they would send Arya to the meeting with Cersei.  

Just imagine.

"Arya! This is an armistace!"

"But she's the worst shit in the seven kingdoms!"
"But still, Arya!"

*Cersei dies*

35 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Arya is only allowed to be clever when not around characters D&D like more.

It seems that way.

D&D turn everyone else into idiots constantly for the sake of their favourites. They have ruined the storytelling aspect of the show even more by playing such obvious favourites for characters and/or actors in the first place. 

10 hours ago, servethe_Realm said:

The Sansa/Arya scenes are bugging the shit out of me. Both sisters are totally letting LF play them. Like, I thought they were both smarter than this? I can't believe Sansa hasn't caught on to his games regarding Arya yet. And did Sansa send Brienne away to protect her from LF's plot and/or to protect Arya from being killed by Brienne? I didn't understand that whole part, maybe I missed something but it seemed as if maybe Sansa did sense that LF is trying to get rid of Arya and so sent Brienne away. IDK ...either way both Stark sisters are bugging the shit out of me with their little drama. There's no time for that, guys 

LF would be a terrible schemer if he couldn't play these two off each other for a while.

This is his final scheme so, naturally, it is having some success......because it's his last scheme.......

Bran to save the day in the end.

19 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

It seems that way.

D&D turn everyone else into idiots constantly for the sake of their favourites. They have ruined the storytelling aspect of the show even more by playing such obvious favourites for characters and/or actors in the first place. 

Arya/Sansa don't have to be idiots to be manipulated by the character Littlefinger.  On the show, Littlefinger has been the ultimate schemer who manipulated the realm into the war and has made chaos a ladder.  His character deserves some success in the final scheme that costs him his life.

It'd be bad writing to set up his end vs. these two any other way.

16 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

There is something very different about Arya's character this season and in Maisie's acting. Im surprised more people havent noticed/commented on this.

Arya had always been a strong minded individual who wears her heart on her sleeve. She always spoke her mind directly when something was bothering her and she was very expressive. Maisies acting was too. She was brilliant.

In season 7, Arya is almost a different person and Maisie is definitely playing her more controlled and emotionless, like she has lost touch with most of her humanity.

Even in the conversations with Sansa this season, Maisie's delivery has been more in line with the Waif or the Hound than that of Season 1-6 Arya.

Even where the content of the dialogue leads us to believe its angry words, the delivery doesnt match. Its like Aryas soul has been removed.

Compare Maisies delivery of her 'anger' with Sansa this season to her performances in S1 with Joff/Sansa, S2 with Hot Pie bullying her, S3 with Hound/BwB, S4 with Hound and even S5/6 in HoB&W with Jaqen "Im not playing this stupid game anymore". Delivery VERY, VERY different this season.

I also believe this is by design and not just an acting choice from Maisie. 

I see only 3 possible reasons for this:

1. The writers are taking Arya down an even darker path towards full blown psychopath and the change in delivery of the character is to illustrate that descent. They will then either find a way to bring her back from the edge or will kill her off in S8.

2. Arya is dead and the Waif is wearing her face. I would absolutely loathe for this to be true but I am genuinely fearful the show may go that way.

3. Arya truly did become No One at end of season 6 and is just playing the part of the old Arya Stark, therefore the true emotion of the real Arya isnt there.

A prime example of the fans being infinitely more thoughtful, creative and crafty than the show runners. 

48 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Arya/Sansa don't have to be idiots to be manipulated by the character Littlefinger.  On the show, Littlefinger has been the ultimate schemer who manipulated the realm into the war and has made chaos a ladder.  His character deserves some success in the final scheme that costs him his life.

Unless you think he's living past next week, then his last scheme will turn out to be totally lame, under developed and a massive failure.  The show has done almost nothing with him the entire season.  I could agree he should go out on a better note, but then he should have been dead half a dozen times already.

53 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

Lol no it wouldnt. It would be bad writing to set up his end the way you described.

And yes, in the current scenario, Arya and Sansa WOULD have to be idiots who have not learned from all they have been through in order to be so easily manipulated by LF in this scenario.

LF *SHOULD* have been totally fucked the second Arya and Bran arrived in Winterfell. Him having the influence show is making him out to still have is just so unrealistic.

17 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

1. The writers are taking Arya down an even darker path towards full blown psychopath and the change in delivery of the character is to illustrate that descent. They will then either find a way to bring her back from the edge or will kill her off in S8.

2. Arya is dead and the Waif is wearing her face. I would absolutely loathe for this to be true but I am genuinely fearful the show may go that way.

3. Arya truly did become No One at end of season 6 and is just playing the part of the old Arya Stark, therefore the true emotion of the real Arya isnt there.

I've had a theory that the final endgame for Arya is that she eventually becomes a faceless man, but that the primary thing holding her back from letting go of Arya was her list of names... and so as she works her way though the list, she eventually becomes less and less Arya, and more and more "no one".

Moreover, her entire list of names for a life of servitude to the faceless men seems like the kind of high price that the faceless men would require for their assassination contract

Archived