Did anyone notice this?

Tyrion weasley

They also dashed my theory that Longclaw is actually Blackfyre, when Jorah seemed to confirm it was his Family sword. I thought Jorah was going to say he had no idea what Jon was talking about, and that the Mormonts had no ancestral Valyrian sword.

They are the only two Valyrian bastard swords ever described in the series.

Maybe in the books..

If they hadn't have had Jaime survive the drowning in the previous episode, I'd go along with this because it seems obvious for a lot of reasons that Jon is special and seems to have some extra-special (possibly Lord of Light) protection on his life. He keeps surviving these impossible situations. To me, it seemed like he died again in that scene and was reborn, which the eye opening would indicate. But because they had Jaime survive similarly - I think it's just poor writing. Who knows what they are doing here with the pommel? There's so many inconsistencies now.

they're on freezing temperatures, those are garnets or rubies ( dont remember ) probably had a drop of water freeze over them, when Jon grabs it he shooks the drop off the eyes seems to open.. at least thats how i see it, i dont think this would mean nothing plot wise

Yup, I'm also going with the visual effects team giving us some Easter egg prank. They've got to be well aware that some fans are ready to start splitting hairs in order to come up with new theories or support for some existing ones.

Or it's just a trick of light, a water drop, whatever. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Archived