Did anyone notice this?

Tyrion weasley

1 hour ago, DarkBastard said:

The pommel is white.  I don't remember any reference to what it was actually made of...but if it is Weirwood perhaps Bran is watching, and he may have led Benjen to Jon.

Definitely tin foil hat area though...even for me.

Not sure if you're joking or not...

But it reminds me of something... The last person our Beloved and Most Wanted Uncle Benjen saved someone, (Bran and Meera) he said "The three-eyed-raven sent me to you..." Meera : "The Three-Eyed-Raven is dead"! Uncle Benjen says that he is actually living through Brandon Stark... So if the previous Three-Eyed Raven sent Benjen to Bran, maybe the Current TER sent Benjen to Jon... Parallels in Game Of  Thrones are life!!!

It looks like longclaws eyes are made of glass and are see through and you can see the snowy ground through them.. 

When Jon comes out of the water the darkness is seen through the eye just as his glove is behind the sword and the darkness moves inwards as his hand moves. 

1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Not sure if you're joking or not...

But it reminds me of something... The last person our Beloved and Most Wanted Uncle Benjen saved someone, (Bran and Meera) he said "The three-eyed-raven sent me to you..." Meera : "The Three-Eyed-Raven is dead"! Uncle Benjen says that he is actually living through Brandon Stark... So if the previous Three-Eyed Raven sent Benjen to Bran, maybe the Current TER sent Benjen to Jon... Parallels in Game Of  Thrones are life!!!

Yes, mostly joking...tin foil hat area!  lol

1 hour ago, Tucu said:

The direwolf head in Longclaw has black eyes in the show. They got covered with snow/ice while Jon was underwater, he spilled water over them when he got out and the snow/ice melted.

You can see a picture of the black eyes in the wiki: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Longclaw

Yep, I agree. Looks like the eye was a bit frosty and then a drop of water splashes onto it when Jon emerges. Sorry, I'm too unimaginative for easter eggs, foreshadowings and whatnots.

It is interesting, though, when you consider that Jon called attention to the fact that the pommel was now a wolf instead of a bear when he offered it back to Jorah. Perhaps it merely means that the sword really does belong to Jon now. I do like the Bran warging theory, though. 

5 minutes ago, GreenSeeress said:

It is interesting, though, when you consider that Jon called attention to the fact that the pommel was now a wolf instead of a bear when he offered it back to Jorah. Perhaps it merely means that the sword really does belong to Jon now. I do like the Bran warging theory, though. 

I think you make a good point.  I think that comment was to call attention to the pommel so that fans see the easter egg.

13 hours ago, Queen of Winter said:

Symbolic dragon eye perhaps, since Jon is half wolf, half dragon?

Something is going to awaken within him....maybe something to do with the remaining dragon, but it's probably related to his future "awakening" to the fact he's part Targ.

"The Sword of Gryffindor presented itself in a time of need. We didn't steal it."  - NK, probably

18 hours ago, Tucu said:

The direwolf head in Longclaw has black eyes in the show. They got covered with snow/ice while Jon was underwater, he spilled water over them when he got out and the snow/ice melted.

You can see a picture of the black eyes in the wiki: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Longclaw

When Jon offers Jorah the sword to take it back, you can see that the direwolf of Longclaw has already dark eyes too.

There's something  going on with the sword, and it must have some connection to Jon.  When he gets the sword in season 1 it has black eyes.  When he's dead at the beginning of season 6 the eyes are closed.  Then he comes back to life and the sword goes back to normal black eyes.  Then the eyes are closed last episode until he emerges from the water, and we see them open up.

Youtube videos for reference:

On 8/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, Tucu said:

Yep, it has always had black eyes.  That was a cool effect, though, whether intentional or not.

Archived