King of the North and Targaryens

Azai

I like to run a lot of "what if?" Scenarios. Here is one I have been thinking of lately.

So Robb has already been dubbed King in the North and it is during of the thick of the War of the Five Kings.  If Dany flew over, and asked for him to assist her in taking the throne would he have?
What if Visery's(Let's say he isn't a prick) arrived and asked Robb to support his claim and he can rule the north?

My idea is mixed, cause I feel like there is a bit of connection with the North and Targaryens.  That they respected and "bent the knee to dragons".  Obviously in recent times this changed but I wonder if Robb agreed to an Alliance to a Targaryen how would they feel? There is also the idea that Robb needs allies so would he refuse a dragon's help? (If say they were full grown) Or even if a Targaryen arrived with like 2,000 soldiers, would the North be hostile or supportive? 

might depend on what concessions the targaryens offer the north. i know that they were already relatively independent compared to most of the kingdoms, due to sheer distance from the capital. maybe give the north a greater say in the rulings of from the red keep, make sure that there is a northman on the small council. maybe encourage a marriage alliance? or insure that the throne pays more attention to the needs of the north and the wall, instead of the canonical dismissiveness that the southern kingdoms generally hold for anything north of the neck?

Viserys, no. Give him a choice between the Black or the block. Probably. Or just say, come back after you're sitting on the Iron Throne, but in the meantime, go forth and kill some Lannisters and their allies.

Dany with dragons ... that's a whole new ball game. If Robb weren't already married, it'd be a prime marriage alliance. Even with him already married, it's still a worthwhile alliance, albeit not as strong as a marriage alliance. The North knelt to the Dragons, but the Dragons were gone. Dany brought the Dragons back, thus the North would probably kneel, however reluctant some of them would be.

The question is, how much does the North begrudge kneeling to the Dragons once more, after what Rhaegar and Aerys did? Remember, the North is the one region that was fully united in opposition to the Iron Throne during Robert's Rebellion - the Riverlands, Stormlands, and Vale had Loyalists, and the Westerlands sat out until just before it was over.

There’s no way Danny would invade Westeros with just 2k. She would end up defeated, taken to KL in chains and then executed.Its more realistic to think that she ignores Jorah’s advice and she goes straight to Illyio instead. The magister of Pentos would seal a deal with the Golden Company on her behalf and she invades Westeros with 10k + 3 baby dragons the size of a cat.
Used wisely, a 10k army of elite troops can topple the balance of battle. Imagine what would happen if she is the one who breaks the Lannister army’s back, capturing Jamie and saving Edmure in the process instead of Robb. The Riverland Lords will bend the knee to her and considering that Robb can’t care less of what happens in the South, he will probably bend the knee too. A 30k army will be a force to reckon with and Jorah has enough experience with the Northerners to whisper the right words in Danny’s ear to bring them back to the fold. 

That is not all. In the current timeline Renly’s death signals the end of the war as the Tyrells (whose got no casus belli for the crown and they can’t trust Stannis) reluctantly join the Lannisters. However what would happen if Danny is in the Riverlands at the back of a 30k army? Danny has more legitimacy to the crown then former Renly had, she’s got dragons and unlike Stannis/Joffrey the Tyrells had never raised their swords against her. Not to forget that she also have baby dragons who will one day grow to become nearly invincible. Would she be interested in let’s say a 60k-80k army in exchange of her marrying Loras Tyrell?

Once the Tyrells join the dragon queen then rest assured that Dorne will quickly follow. Doran is cautious but he can’t let this opportunity pass. The Lannisters cannot possible stop a 100k army especially if it’s topped up by another 20k Dornish spearmen. Oberyn will insist on Dorne participating into war as that’s the one way to ensure that the Lannisters won’t bribe themselves out of their crimes.

Thank all of you for your responses. The 2k thing was merely a off the cuff but I didn't think of the Tyrells. Though I assume it would be Willas Tyrell they'd try to make an alliance for?

On a more what if, say Dany was a male Targaryen do you think this would be a difference? As in would the North, if accepting, would try to marry this person off to Sansa to secure an Alliance?

It seems from the comments that a North-Tar alliance could be possible given Dragons and the right amount of soldiers for the Targs. Though pointed out all regions, but the North, had Targaryen loyalist. So the Riverlands, even under Robb, may want to unite under Dany(Boy or girl) so it doesn't seem as it would be an outright now way from the army of the King  in the North.  Also having allies against the Lannister who's claim to the throne is completely illegitimate may take priority. Then if it is well known that the Targaryen heir is there to to take back the Throne I am sure Dorne would lead its assistance, especially by Oberyn. 

18 hours ago, devilish said:

There’s no way Danny would invade Westeros with just 2k. She would end up defeated, taken to KL in chains and then executed.

Aegon I had fewer.

IF she has a controllable dragon to fly over Narrow Seas - then she won't be easy to take to KL in chains. When she's defeated, she simply leaves her 2k men to be taken to KL in chains and executed, and herself flies away. If she can fly over Narrow Seas then she can fly over a superior army above bowshot and land far enough to not get caught immediately.

Cat had just a few tens of men, and she got through Lannister held lands to Bitterbridge, safely. And then back, as a kingslayer and treacherous git notorious over all Westeros and kingslayer Brienne in tow, equally safely.

Consider an army on the move with a dragonrider to spot any foes. How easy are they to catch?

Archived