Cat the Most selfish Women in all the seven Kingdoms

1northlad

On 22/08/2017 at 1:31 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

According to the author, indifference is exactly what she showed to Jon except for that one time when she hadn't been sleeping for days and was out of her mind with worry about Bran. There are no "multiple occasions" there's only that one, and per GRRM it was an isolated incident. I don't see why people have trouble understanding that.

Jon himself doesn't dwell on his step-mother being horrible to him.

So OP has a problem with Cat being...human?

She made mistakes. Normal.

She thinks of herself and what she wants. Normal considering that what she wants is to get her two remaining children back after having heard that Theon Greyjoy murdered her two youngest boys. Some people are naturally more self-centered than others but Cat is not being particularly surprising in being desperate to get the girls back.

She's more emotional than logical, and so are a lot of people in real life. It's her temperament, and there is only so much you can do to mitigate the weaknesses of your natural temperament, and even less you can do about those weaknesses when under constant stress.

She's not my favorite, not even in my top ten, maybe not even in my top twenty, but some of the complaints about her are pretty thin. 

This is the best post I have read about Cat and think it sums up her character nicely. She made some mistakes just like every other character in the books.

Archived