the plot with Brienne...

Nerevanin

3 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Think of it this way: it was already Arya talking behind the face of LF after she had killed him. She wanted to tell Sansa that as a sister to find out Sansa's loyalty to her family. Letting Sansa find the faces was the hint that Arya had used them. Sansa has the dagger and later when LF is found dead, Sansa will realize what happened to him.

If Arya was Littlefinger in that conversation, then why does she go on to have the later conflict/convo with Sansa. If anything, Sansa proved her loyalty to Jon in that conversation with LF.  (Also, I don't believe LF's death will happen off-screen. He's too important of a character.)

I'm just lost on what the writers are doing with this storyline. It is not making sense to me and is only angering me at Arya, who I don't want to be angry with - so I really hope they pull off something good with this one or it's going to go down the Sand Snake route. :thumbsdown:

8 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Think of it this way: it was already Arya talking behind the face of LF after she had killed him. She wanted to tell Sansa that as a sister to find out Sansa's loyalty to her family. Letting Sansa find the faces was the hint that Arya had used them. Sansa has the dagger and later when LF is found dead, Sansa will realize what happened to him.

LOL.......

Ok so you justify the use of his face because he is dead......

How do we see them in the same scene??? 

Come on this is absurd.

2 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

LOL.......

Ok so you justify the use of his face because he is dead......

How do we see them in the same scene??? 

Come on this is absurd.

Who do you mean in the same scene? Am I not saying this clear enough? Arya and LF are not in the same scene anymore. When LF talks to Sansa, LF is already Arya. Later when Arya and Sansa meet, they are themselves.

4 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Who do you mean in the same scene? Am I not saying this clear enough? Arya and LF are not in the same scene anymore. When LF talks to Sansa, LF is already Arya. Later when Arya and Sansa meet, they are themselves.

LOL this theory is crazy.....

So your telling me we will not see LF and Arya in the same scene in episode 7......?

Ill be coming back here to quote you saying ''I told you so'' 

Just now, Samwell_Tarly said:

LOL this theory is crazy.....

So your telling me we will not see LF and Arya in the same scene in episode 7......?

Ill be coming back here to quote you saying ''I told you so'' 

By all means do so. You may know/hunch more than I do if you know the books. I don't. What use is of LF anymore?

1 minute ago, Deminelle said:

By all means do so. You may know/hunch more than I do if you know the books. I don't. What use is of LF anymore?

I dont read the books......

There is no use for LF anymore hence why he is going to die, but thats not what we were discussing. I agree LF will die but I dont believe he has already been killed. 

The plot? What's a plot? 

Oh that thing when you logically link scenes together to create a sensible chain of events the story follows? 

Game of Thrones doesn't do plot. Game of Thrones does internet memes, fanservice, feminism and more fanservice. 

Arya has suffered a complete mental breakdown from all the murdering, killed everyone in Winterfell, and wears their faces while imagining their dialogues in her head (so, she is not just Sansa and LF at the same time - she is everybody at the same time). How's that for a theory? :D

Okay, in all seriousness, I think Littlefinger wanted Sansa to get rid of Brienne so she doesn't protect Arya, in case things get ugly and she has to pick between the Stark daughters. This is what Sansa followed through with. 

Though it's possible that Littlefinger wanted Sansa to set Brienne on Arya (which is blatantly stupid since Littlefinger and Sansa saw Arya defeat Brienne in training) and Sansa chose the lesser of two stupids/evils and sent Brienne away so if she doesn't stand with her she won't stand with Arya either. 

2 minutes ago, Smallfolksman said:

Arya has suffered a complete mental breakdown from all the murdering, killed everyone in Winterfell, and wears their faces while imagining their dialogues in her head. How's that for a theory? :D

You bought me, it's better than the story on screen. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Okay, in all seriousness, I think Littlefinger wanted Sansa to get rid of Brienne so she doesn't protect Arya, in case things get ugly and she has to pick between the Stark daughters. This is what Sansa followed through with. 

This completely defeats the whole point of LF's mission........ if Brienne is not there to save Sansa if Arya tries to do anything, Sansa could potentially die......LF doesnt get his pretty picture....

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Though it's possible that Littlefinger wanted Sansa to set Brienne on Arya (which is blatantly stupid since Littlefinger and Sansa saw Arya defeat Brienne in training) and Sansa chose the lesser of two stupids/evils and sent Brienne away so if she doesn't stand with her she won't stand with Arya either. 

No its LF pulling the strings, he wants Arya to try attack Sansa and Brienne will step in, this will effectively get Arya killed one or another.

Not sure what you were watching but it was quite clearly an even fought duel with an ending of each of their weapons ending up at their opponents throat, a draw would you not say??

Its unclear why Sansa sent Brienne away but we can speculate......

54 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

I think I need to be clear that you can only take somebody's face if they are dead.  Has there been an example of Arya - or anyone else - talking somebody's face BEFORE they are dead?  If NOT then my theory is DOA.  Thank you for clearing that up.  

Considering that the faces are literally faces, not just glams like Mel's youthful appearance, you have to somehow take the face off that someone's body. I suppose that you could skin the person alive to get the face (so far nothing like that has happened though) but that involves considerably more problems (like screaming and taking care of the alive yet skinned persons kept locked somewhere) than just killing them. I don't think that Arya would skin her sister alive....

52 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

I don't think Sansa is there yet, but I think she has "grown up" enough that she realizes it may come to that in the end.

This is all supposing that things are (more or less) what they seem on the surface, rather than the Starks playing Littlefinger, as is the new fan-favorite theory. Nothing against that theory, it's certainly comforting compared to Sansa and Arya being at each other's throats.

I suppose that this is the most logical explanation. LF just told Sansa that Brienne would protect whichever sister that's victim of the other one. Sansa realizes that Arya is going psycho and is totally unpredictable and that it might be necessary to kill her. Or, and now as I'm thinking about I think that this is even more likely, Sansa slowly realizes that it might be necessary to kill Arya so that she couldn't tell anyone about the letter.

6 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

This completely defeats the whole point of LF's mission........ if Brienne is not there to save Sansa if Arya tries to do anything, Sansa could potentially die......LF doesnt get his pretty picture....

No its LF pulling the strings, he wants Arya to try attack Sansa and Brienne will step in, this will effectively get Arya killed one or another.

Not sure what you were watching but it was quite clearly an even fought duel with an ending of each of their weapons ending up at their opponents throat, a draw would you not say??

Its unclear why Sansa sent Brienne away but we can speculate......

The point is, if Arya is as good as, or better or almost as good as Brienne, Brienne might not be able to hold Arya back should she attack Sansa. She doesn't necessarily win. But if brienne supports Arya, Sansa definitely doesn't win. The safest way to play it is to remove the risk that Brienne might pick Arya. At least that's what I saw behind Sansa's decision. 

As for Littlefinger, my best guess is what I said, but really he has no plan and they are just trying to pretend he does. 

11 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

It doesn't actually. LF saw what Arya could do. She is a trained assassin. If Arya wanted to kill Sansa, Brienne wouldn't be of much help. Arya can move around Winterfell freely so she can just sneak behind Sansa and slit her throat in one second. LF can't do anything protect Sansa unless he takes her away from Winterfell and it's clear that Sansa wouldn't go.

On the other hand, if Sansa decides to kill Arya, it would be most likely a public execution because Sansa is not a killer unlike Arya. In that case Brienne would intervene and would try to talk Sansa out of it. So it's a good thing for LF's plan (if LF's plan is to make Sansa kill Arya) to have Brienne far from Winterfell.

6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

It doesn't actually. LF saw what Arya could do. She is a trained assassin. If Arya wanted to kill Sansa, Brienne wouldn't be of much help. Arya can move around Winterfell freely so she can just sneak behind Sansa and slit her throat in one second. LF can't do anything protect Sansa unless he takes her away from Winterfell and it's clear that Sansa wouldn't go.

On the other hand, if Sansa decides to kill Arya, it would be most likely a public execution because Sansa is not a killer unlike Arya. In that case Brienne would intervene and would try to talk Sansa out of it. So it's a good thing for LF's plan (if LF's plan is to make Sansa kill Arya) to have Brienne far from Winterfell.

4 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

The Brienne scene is a red herring. Littlefinger wants Sansa to get rid of Brienne so she can make her move and get rid of Arya. We are made to think she's playing along with this and wants to kill her sister. She won't.

ahhh ok I understand your theory.... :-)

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

The plot? What's a plot? 

Oh that thing when you logically link scenes together to create a sensible chain of events the story follows? 

Game of Thrones doesn't do plot. Game of Thrones does internet memes, fanservice, feminism and more fanservice. 

So true, and it doesn't even do those things well half the time. For the record, I still think they're just clumsily setting up Arya and Sansa playing Littlefinger this whole time and all the "conflict" has just been a ruse.

4 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

So true, and it doesn't even do those things well half the time. For the record, I still think they're just clumsily setting up Arya and Sansa playing Littlefinger this whole time and all the "conflict" has just been a ruse.

My issue with this is that Littlefinger doesn't witness these clashes. So are they performing for the walls? 

Archived