the plot with Brienne...

Nerevanin

Can someone explain to me what first LF and then Sansa were doing with Brienne in this episode?

Is LF trying to make Sansa make Brienne kill Arya?

What is this invitation? Is it the one Jon and Sansa discussed in Ep1 or is it another one? Why does Sansa send Brienne away? Is she afraid that Brienne might actually hurt Arya? Or that Arya would kill Brienne? Or what?

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

Can someone explain to me what first LF and then Sansa were doing with Brienne in this episode?

Is LF trying to make Sansa make Brienne kill Arya?

What is this invitation? Is it the one Jon and Sansa discussed in Ep1 or is it another one? Why does Sansa send Brienne away? Is she afraid that Brienne might actually hurt Arya? Or that Arya would kill Brienne? Or what?

Its a subtle hint. Due to the information hes feeding Arya to continue to divide the two sisters, he his hoping Arya attacks Sansa. LF makes it clear if anyone was to hurt Sansa, Brienne would be there as she is sworn to protect both Stark girls irrelevant of who is attacking.

No Brienne has been sent to the Dragon pit where they are going to show the Seven Kingdoms the Wight.

LF wants Brienne out of the way, as she's an obstacle to his plan of feeding the growing schism between the Stark sisters. He convinced Sansa that, if push comes to shove, Brienne will be an obstacle to taking care of Arya (in his usual slimy round-about fashion).

I don't think even LF would try to convince anyone that Brienne would harm either of the Stark sisters, though.

Ah... I got a COMPLETELY different vibe from those scenes... 

MY theory is that in the scene with Sansa and LF, ARYA was LF.  And in the scene with Sansa and Brienne, Arya was SANSA.  

So, Arya has doubts about this whole thing.  In the scene between Arya and Sansa when Arya first reads the letter she gets some insight into Sansa but she needs to get more.  So she knows that Sansa will call for LF.  So, she gets a face and BECOMES LF.  During that scene, "LF" mentions anything specific, even stating he does not know where Arya got the letter.   The reason I think Arya took LF's face was so that she could get some insight into Sansa.  She also knows that if she WERE to kill Sansa, Brienne may intervene.  So "LF" mentions sending Brienne away to see how Sansa would react.  Sansa seems to mull it over.  

So, at this point, Arya decides to take action, she takes SANSA's face, gets a message (that she immediately burns... how convenient) and tells Brienne to leave.  In that scene, I think THAT was Arya taking Sansa's face, getting rid of the only person Arya believes could PHYSICALLY protect Sansa.  

So, yeah, it was all Arya.  

1 hour ago, Mikkel said:

LF wants Brienne out of the way, as she's an obstacle to his plan of feeding the growing schism between the Stark sisters. He convinced Sansa that, if push comes to shove, Brienne will be an obstacle to taking care of Arya (in his usual slimy round-about fashion).

I don't think even LF would try to convince anyone that Brienne would harm either of the Stark sisters, though.

I see that LF wanted to have Brienne out of way because she is constantly against him.

About Sansa, you think that Sansa wants to get rid of Arya and that's why she sent Brienne away? <- Honest question.

11 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

MY theory is that in the scene with Sansa and LF, ARYA was LF.  And in the scene with Sansa and Brienne, Arya was SANSA.  

So, Arya has doubts about this whole thing.  In the scene between Arya and Sansa when Arya first reads the letter she gets some insight into Sansa but she needs to get more.  So she knows that Sansa will call for LF.  So, she gets a face and BECOMES LF.  During that scene, "LF" mentions anything specific, even stating he does not know where Arya got the letter.   The reason I think Arya took LF's face was so that she could get some insight into Sansa.  She also knows that if she WERE to kill Sansa, Brienne may intervene.  So "LF" mentions sending Brienne away to see how Sansa would react.  Sansa seems to mull it over.  

So, at this point, Arya decides to take action, she takes SANSA's face, gets a message (that she immediately burns... how convenient) and tells Brienne to leave.  In that scene, I think THAT was Arya taking Sansa's face, getting rid of the only person Arya believes could PHYSICALLY protect Sansa.  

How though? That would mean that both LF and Sansa are dead. I mean, ok if Arya was power hungry and wanted to eliminate everyone to become the Lady of Winterfell. Which she doesn't want.

How does it makes sense if Arya told Sansa about Brienne in private and before Sansa decided to do something about it, Arya would kill her and send Brienne off? Because Brienne could protect Sansa. Who is dead. I'm sorry, I don't get it.

7 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I see that LF wanted to have Brienne out of way because she is constantly against him.

About Sansa, you think that Sansa wants to get rid of Arya and that's why she sent Brienne away? <- Honest question.

That was what she is planning, just in case. But I think LF will be discovered in the next episode - Bran will step in before they kill one another. He will probably tell the Northern Lords about Littlefinger's treachery, and they will execute him. Arya will do it :) 

Bran may be the Three Eyed Raven, but I doubt he would stand by and watch one sister kill the other.

I think most people here have forgotten about Bran :P

6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

How though? That would mean that both LF and Sansa are dead. I mean, ok if Arya was power hungry and wanted to eliminate everyone to become the Lady of Winterfell. Which she doesn't want.

How does it makes sense if Arya told Sansa about Brienne in private and before Sansa decided to do something about it, Arya would kill her and send Brienne off? Because Brienne could protect Sansa. Who is dead. I'm sorry, I don't get it.

I think I need to be clear that you can only take somebody's face if they are dead.  Has there been an example of Arya - or anyone else - talking somebody's face BEFORE they are dead?  If NOT then my theory is DOA.  Thank you for clearing that up.  

11 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I don't think Sansa is there yet, but I think she has "grown up" enough that she realizes it may come to that in the end.

This is all supposing that things are (more or less) what they seem on the surface, rather than the Starks playing Littlefinger, as is the new fan-favorite theory. Nothing against that theory, it's certainly comforting compared to Sansa and Arya being at each other's throats.

Absolutely nothing that went on in winterfell (or anywhere else for that matter) made sense to me in this episode.  It sounded like LF was suggesting that if Arya were to make a move against Sansa that Brienne would have to off her, but in the same sequence he was saying "she is your sister she would never hurt you."  Just completely odd.  I'd hate to see LF go out this way.  And whatever the outcome I really can't like Arya anymore.  She is so immature and lacks humility and empathy (which may be the point) which is tough to watch from a character I used to like.

39 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

So your telling me :-

1. Arya has already killed LF
  2. Arya has killed Sansa

This is not even possible...........:o

For starters they need to be deceased to access their face........

2 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Absolutely nothing that went on in winterfell (or anywhere else for that matter) made sense to me in this episode.  It sounded like LF was suggesting that if Arya were to make a move against Sansa that Brienne would have to off her, but in the same sequence he was saying "she is your sister she would never hurt you."  Just completely odd.  I'd hate to see LF go out this way.  And whatever the outcome I really can't like Arya anymore.  She is so immature and lacks humility and empathy (which may be the point) which is tough to watch from a character I used to like.

Think of it this way: it was already Arya talking behind the face of LF after she had killed him. She wanted to tell Sansa that as a sister to find out Sansa's loyalty to her family. Letting Sansa find the faces was the hint that Arya had used them. Sansa has the dagger and later when LF is found dead, Sansa will realize what happened to him.

Archived