Cersei and her secret...

WeaselPie

2 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Ha, I was actually thinking of the Futurama episode "War is the H-Word". Nixon's head hid a nuclear bomb inside Bender and sent him to a peace conference with the enemy alien balls to blow them up. When Bender found out, he decided to take advantage of it and get both humans and balls to give him everything he wanted.

(Bender is only a psychotically self-centered amoral robot, he's no Cersei, but it still seemed to be a decent parallel.)

Anyway, I'm not surprised that both South Park and Futurama used the same creative plot idea. As another South Park pointed out, it's virtually guaranteed that Simpsons already did it anyway.

Har!  I am familiar with Futurama but never saw this episode.

Even the Simpsons never did anything as idiotic and non sensical as that wight hunt.

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Har!  I am familiar with Futurama but never saw this episode.

Go watch it. Some of the best lines in the show, and this forum will still be here in 22 minutes, so we can talk about whether Cersei enjoys antiquing more than ass.

4 hours ago, Gendry_Goldeneyes said:

i actually thought that she wasnt actually pregnant and wanted to manipulate Jaime

I actually thought it was someone else's baby and she was trying to convince Jaime it's his so as to not lose his support. Her having a baby with anybody at this stage doesn't seem beneficial to her politically.

18 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Her having a baby with anybody at this stage doesn't seem beneficial to her politically.

Sure it does. While there doesn't seem like any great political motivation to have a baby with any specific person, there is a very good reason for her to have a baby with absolutely anyone she can get to knock her up. People in the middle ages really cared about heirs, for good reasons.

Cersei is a middle-aged Queen with no obvious successor, and no husband, and she may be too old to produce an heir even if she's so inclined. That's pretty much a guarantee of yet another succession crisis in a couple decades. That would give serious pause to anyone considering supporting her (unless they have a very good reason to think a succession crisis will be such a great opportunity for them that it's worth the chaos).

Pregnant Cersei, on the other hand, is a Queen who's probably going to produce an heir, so all her talk about creating a sustained and stable peace is actually somewhat plausible.

Archived